[ROM][N7105] AOKP JB 4.2.1 [PUB] [FeB - 5] cherry-picks in 2nd post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gonXed

May 9, 2009
Ballerup, Denmark
Okay, first of all these issues are all with the latest ROM (5th Feb). I have not done a full factory reset, but it has done it pretty much since I installed the previous one. I'm on the bullet version.

I'm getting these weird FC's with the Camera app ("Gallery has stopped"). The viewfinder works fine, and I can focus and all that, but as soon as I try to take a picture, I get the flash as I'm supposed to, but only very briefly, then the program gets stuck for a few seconds, and just before the FC popup comes up my LED flashes again even more briefly.

I get the error 'java.lang.RuntimeException: Media server died'.

I've tried clearing data for both Gallery and Media Library without luck.

Also I'm getting another inconsistent FC from the Phone app, causing me to lose my data connection for about 10-15 seconds (generally less).

Crash notes for that:
Code:
Exception class name:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Source file:
CatService.java

Source class:
com.android.internal.telephony.cat.CatService

Source method:
handleMessage

Line number:
The stack trace does not tell anything explicitly useful that isn't already stated above, however the Event Log does. Is there an easy way to copy the Event Log from my phone to my PC?

Last edited:

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
I tried this on my Hong Kong 7105. It took forever to completely boot up and it corrupted my files on my 64 GB SD card. Seems like I can't find anything to run on this phone. I put the factory Rom back on it and the Status still shows it to be modified.

Warm_ice

Feb 8, 2011
I tried this on my Hong Kong 7105. It took forever to completely boot up and it corrupted my files on my 64 GB SD card. Seems like I can't find anything to run on this phone. I put the factory Rom back on it and the Status still shows it to be modified.

Because maybe you have CWM or TWRP as recovery?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
I'm doing support for this since aokp is official anyways..

I'm still working on aokp

But since it has none of the pub optimizations

Liquidsmooth is my other project and it does have them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

This build wouldn' t be possible without :​

Cmenard
    Codeworkx
    madmack
    sbrissen
    slick_rick
    Steve Spear

Please pretty please don't hesitate to donate to them

Cherry pick

• advanced phone settings
      tablet/phablet mode
      lockscreen targets
      all mic problems are fixed (google now etc)
      (in call) mute fix
      more that I probably forgot

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. MAKE A NANDROID
    2. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    3. flash ROM
    4. flash Gapps
    5. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Download HERE http://androtransfer.com/?developer=DAGr8&folder=AOKP

The release that starts with 'bullet' has the oc kernel in it (please use System Tuner since performance control doesnt work for OC adjustements )

the other one has cm stock kernel in it ..

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

PUB Source - https://github.com/UnicornButter
    Recent changes to AOKP - http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

What is PUB? Project Unicorn Butter is a side project Stevespear426 has been working on. It has all the features of AOKP plus Tons of optimizations for speed and smoothness.

Current PUB Optimizations
    Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain
    O3
    Strict-Aliasing (Linaro)
    C++11 Mode
    Optimized String Handling Routines (Linaro/Sony)
    Misc other Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    cherry pick for today' s build

hideable navbar , meaning we can use it's widgets on the lockscreeen , performance control now works for OC (no longer need extra apps) hold back to kill (use to be possible only using the navbar now hard keys work ..
    quick pin unlock , ability to enable dual panel for settings (via rom control), hide status bar , recents apps GB style (on/off)of course the UI mode is there (tablet phablet etc)
    maybe more that I forgot ..

fyi if you get clock fc , wipe its data and reboot ..
    Re: [ROM][N7105] AOKP JB 4.2.1 [PUB] [Jan - 30] cherry-picks galore

Any 4.2.1 gapps will do and modems stays the same

This will be my first time installing an AOKP rom, so would like some insights:

. I'm coming from Aroma install, can I do a dirty install? (no factory reset)
    . Where do I find the GAPPS for this ROM, or it's the general 4.2.1 GAPPS?
    . I was reading about the ROM and some people say that CWM does not work with AOKP, is it true? Do I need to install TW then?
    . I'm in Hong Kong, is there any thing I need to do in relation to my modem, or stays the same after installation.

Sorry for the questions guys, but I'm dying to try this ROM, just afraid of something going out of hand...

Thanks a mill

Leo

Take a note of your Mobile Network APN's before you install... that was the only issue I had after. Otherwise good ROM.
    Re: [ROM][N7105] AOKP JB 4.2.1 [PUB] [Jan - 30] cherry-picks galore

This will be my first time installing an AOKP rom, so would like some insights:

. I'm coming from Aroma install, can I do a dirty install? (no factory reset)
    . Where do I find the GAPPS for this ROM, or it's the general 4.2.1 GAPPS?
    . I was reading about the ROM and some people say that CWM does not work with AOKP, is it true? Do I need to install TW then?
    . I'm in Hong Kong, is there any thing I need to do in relation to my modem, or stays the same after installation.

Sorry for the questions guys, but I'm dying to try this ROM, just afraid of something going out of hand...

Thanks a mill

Leo

You can find most answers in OP.

No need to worry. As of now there is no brick bug reported. You just need to do a little bit reading.

Try TWRP! way better than CWM. Well, at least for me. ;)

And always remember "No guts, no glory!"

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app