[Q] ZTE Star 1 root ?

Search This thread

starfox900

Aug 24, 2014
OK I got a ZTE star 1 and it didn't come with Google play or Google services and I can install them like a normal app but sure play store needs to be on the system and Google services just stops working so the only way to fix this is with root but I can't find a tool to do this so if anyway finds one or can even make a root tool for this model let me know

If tried about 15 root programs and apps even towel root won't work

Apr 13, 2014
Jaipur
OK I got a ZTE star 1 and it didn't come with Google play or Google services and I can install them like a normal app but sure play store needs to be on the system and Google services just stops working so the only way to fix this is with root but I can't find a tool to do this so if anyway finds one or can even make a root tool for this model let me know

If tried about 15 root programs and apps even towel root won't work

try vroot. it works!!

ko_wei13

Jan 7, 2012
If you can understand Chinese, then u can get the root method from www.myzte.cn forum. I bought my ZTE star 1 in Malaysia so it comes with google play and services.

Sent from my ZTE Star 1 using XDA Free mobile app

papaforbes

Dec 29, 2015
Rom upgrades like mashmellow for ZTE star 1

hi guy any Rom for me to install in my rooted ZTE star 1 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

nsuranjith

Mar 5, 2016
install play store to zte star 1

i rooted my zte star 1 using king root but i cant use play store......it shows "unfotunatly play store stoped working".....:confused: help me

Last edited:

Quespan

May 4, 2011
Paris
i rooted my zte star 1 using king root but i cant use play store......it shows "unfotunatly play store stoped working".....:confused: help me

I guess it's a bit late to answer but as I have spent 3 days trying to save the Star 1 of my daughter (Don't know how and why but it was full of viruses in the system/app directory), So I would left my testimony somewhere because there was a lack of valuable info on this device.

First of all, Even if you manage to find and run a working bootloader (with "flashify" app, it will be in chinese and won't stay installed. To be clear the next time you're booting you're back to the original bootloader...
For this reason, I have decided not to give up on triyng the "miui" custom rom and tried instead to find a working stock rom.
It seems there very few rom that could be installed on the Star 1 to be honest I only have find one working, a chinese one witouht Gapps or any market app and only in english and chinese...

So what you need is the stock rom "ROM_MF3.1.11_ZTE_STAR_20150602.zip" => https://yadi.sk/d/pAMUQZxWhBDeN or google it
Kingroot PC => google it
GOOGLE APPS => pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140503-signed.zip => https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407592656 or google it
ES Explorer apk

So I installed this rom with the stock recovery and then I get the root acces with kingroot PC (windows release).
I installed ES EXPLORER from an apk on SDcard and gave it root acces
The You have to unzip the gapps zip file on a sd card and copy manually the "system" directory into the "system" directory of your device.
Then you have to restart you phone and simply update google services app when it ask you.
You can add a language with "morelocale 2" install it from google play.

I hope this could help - if you have a loolipop rom it shoud be ok if you install the loolipop gapps the same way.