[APP][2.2+] Module Loader 1.1

Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
This app it's made for those people that it's bored of loading manually .ko's on their phones, or even bored of having some extra weight on their systems folders.
Basically, this apps can read modules on system, sdcard, or any folder, and load. Also have an option for load on boot.
This app was created and it's working on Xperia X10 mini pro, I'll need feedback from all devices.

@Mini pro users: Now you can easily choose what modules do you want to use, and just ignore what you doesn't!

No compatible with APP2SD!

Screenshots:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 62,119
  • 1233.JPG
    1233.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 59,555
  • 123423.JPG
    123423.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 61,723
  • ModuleLoader-release.apk
    44.2 KB · Views: 38,671
Last edited:

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Can you reproduce following issue? :

- place x8uv.ko, x8oc.ko, x8mddi.ko, mt.ko, ax8_smartass.ko to /sdcard/modules/ (yeah, create folder 'modules' on sdcard)
- start app
- go to settings and disable "load on boot"
- go to "SDcard modules" and choose one or more modules and hit "save selection"
- hit the back button on your ohone
- go to "SDcard modules" again : Are the Modules now disabled?

I guess finding out what causes this may help us also why the modules are not loadded after reboot although "load on boot" is enabled.

Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

- place x8uv.ko, x8oc.ko, x8mddi.ko, mt.ko, ax8_smartass.ko to /sdcard/modules/ (yeah, create folder 'modules' on sdcard)
- start app
- go to "SDcard modules" and choose one or more modules and hit "save selection"

I guess finding out what causes this may help us also why the modules are not loadded after reboot although "load on boot" is enabled.

That it's not a issue, because if you disable Load on boot, it just temporally insmod modules, so how will it save a list, if you're temporally enabling ? :)
Also reboot thing maybe because app it's stored on SD, please move to /data/app instead. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: emrena14

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
That is what I am clear about. But then it's possibly irritating because I expect following behaviour:
If I have "load on boot" (LOB) disabled I expect it's enabled as long my phone is running. ans thus Any time I start the app on the same uptime I see these modules checked. But currently they are only checked once and after restarting the app (on SAME uptime) they seem unchecked. After reboot they are unchecked as expected.
If I have LOB enabled. I expect that the loaded modules keep checked at the same uptime AS WELL AS after reboot. but they only keep checked on same uptime not after reboot.

As I could test: It is possibly a permission problem. I placed the modules I like to load to /system/modules and gave them root:system 0755. Weirdly they do not remain on System Modules (huh?) but I added them by "Another Path" and this works.

Where do you place your modules on sdcard and what permisssions do they have?

aZuZu

Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
This apk is usefull... maybe you should merge your hw_config editor with this and make like module loader + configurator tool thing imagine how usefull would be that?

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Hey D4. chmod is not allowed on fat partitions on SD card. That maybe explains it for me why I get nullpointers:)

Code:
...>adb shell "logcat | grep 'ModuleLoader'"
I/ModuleLoader( 2082): Received Boot Broadcast
I/ModuleLoader( 2082): Loading Service...
I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Loading Service...
## that is boot! as you see nothing happens !? no module gets loaded. 
## I double-checked and tried: app is isntalled on /data/app
## I also cleaned the approrpiate dalvik cache-files
## now I start the app and add 3 modules:
I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Executing commands:
E/ModuleLoader( 2422): Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Executing commands: chmod 777 '/mnt/sdcard/modules/x8mddi
.ko'
I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Executing commands: insmod '/mnt/sdcard/modules/x8mddi.ko
'
I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Executing commands: chmod 777 '/mnt/sdcard/modules/mt.ko'

I/ModuleLoader( 2422): Executing commands: insmod '/mnt/sdcard/modules/mt.ko'
# after pushing save it looks like the app is restarting and these nullpointers get thrown:

See my comments within the code-quote.

I looked deeper in the log and found soem lines like:

Code:
E/ApplicationContext( 2422): Couldn't create directory for SharedPreferences file /data/data/com.d4.moduleLoader/shared_prefs/com.d4.moduleLoader_preferences.xml

or
Code:
E/WindowManager( 2422): android.view.WindowLeaked: Activity com.d4.moduleLoader.ModuleList has leaked window com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView@4058af00 that was originally added here

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.view.ViewRoot.<init>(ViewRoot.java:259)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:148)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:91)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.view.Window$LocalWindowManager.addView(Window.java:465)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.app.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:241)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.app.ProgressDialog.show(ProgressDialog.java:107)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.app.ProgressDialog.show(ProgressDialog.java:95)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at com.d4.moduleLoader.ModuleList$4$2.onClick(ModuleList.java:200)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at com.android.internal.app.AlertController$ButtonHandler.handleMessage(AlertController.java:159)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:847)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:605)

E/WindowManager( 2422): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Does this bring us further?
In the meanwhile I add the modules to my phones store and make it a system app :)

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Code:
E/ApplicationContext( 2422): Couldn't create directory for SharedPreferences file /data/data/com.d4.moduleLoader/shared_prefs/com.d4.moduleLoader_preferences.xml

This part it's reaally weird, if no preferences are created, then ofc app will be wrong because I store modules path on preferences, it's like if data were RO.
That's all the problem, now, what it's causing the issue..

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah weird. But this seems to be a f*ing Titanium Backup problem....
I made a celan reinstall of that app by installing it the adb way (adb install ModulesLoader.apk" and this looks better.

BUT:
Code:
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Received Boot Broadcast
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Loading Service...
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: ax8_smartass.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: x8mddi.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: mt.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
## NOW sdcard gets mounted ##
# that makes clear why it cant find the module files ^^
I/ModuleLoader( 2292): Loading Service...

Can you make sure sdcard is mounted?
edit: or better: make sure the files are accessible when trying to insmod them, else wait and try again later. seems different on some phones when or how sd-card gets mounted properly :/ (strange) maybe it needs some reboots and filled caches!?

Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Yeah weird. But this seems to be a f*ing Titanium Backup problem....
I made a celan reinstall of that app by installing it the adb way (adb install ModulesLoader.apk" and this looks better.

BUT:
Code:
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Received Boot Broadcast
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Loading Service...
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: ax8_smartass.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: x8mddi.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
I/ModuleLoader( 2088): Removing: mt.ko from sharedPrefs, not file found
## NOW sdcard gets mounted ##
# that makes clear why it cant find the module files ^^
I/ModuleLoader( 2292): Loading Service...

Can you make sure sdcard is mounted?
edit: or better: make sure the files are accessible when trying to insmod them, else wait and try again later. seems different on some phones when or how sd-card gets mounted properly :/ (strange) maybe it needs some reboots and filled caches!?

Your issues are weird, I use modules from SDcard and it's ok!.

mardobloom

Oct 10, 2010
Same here modules don't get loaded after a restart....checked using lsmod after a restart...

This is what i've done.....extracted all the modules on the sdcard and loaded all modules except x8oc(works but after a restart, and i've given super access it's still the same).......tried installing the app both in /data/app and /system/app,still doesn't work after a restart....btw i've also checked "Load on boot" under settings of the app.....

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
hmm. do you have only one FAT or some EXT(3/4) partitions, too?

Only Fat.

Same here modules don't get loaded after a restart....checked using lsmod after a restart...

This is what i've done.....extracted all the modules on the sdcard and loaded all modules except x8oc(works but after a restart, and i've given super access it's still the same).......tried installing the app both in /data/app and /system/app,still doesn't work after a restart....btw i've also checked "Load on boot" under settings of the app.....

This seems to be same issue as Snoopo

simon.ponder

May 12, 2010
Burlington
Repository

The only thing that might make this better would be to link it to a library of modules, and a brief description of what they do. Either use a downloadable entire library, or something like Rom Manager, and allow for a download of an individual module.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
The only thing that might make this better would be to link it to a library of modules, and a brief description of what they do. Either use a downloadable entire library, or something like Rom Manager, and allow for a download of an individual module.

That's a great Idea, problem it's getting info from inside of a .ko module. Ill research about it!.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app it's made for those people that it's bored of loading manually .ko's on their phones, or even bored of having some extra weight on their systems folders.
    Basically, this apps can read modules on system, sdcard, or any folder, and load. Also have an option for load on boot.
    This app was created and it's working on Xperia X10 mini pro, I'll need feedback from all devices.

@Mini pro users: Now you can easily choose what modules do you want to use, and just ignore what you doesn't!

No compatible with APP2SD!

Screenshots:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    28.08.2011 - 1.1
    Fixed wrong onConfigChanged receiver. This will reduce battery usage, and increase performance

21.08.2011 - 1.0
    First Release, expecting tests from users with other devices.
    thanks for this app working like charm;)
    your the man ;)

- start app

That it's not a issue, because if you disable Load on boot, it just temporally insmod modules, so how will it save a list, if you're temporally enabling ? :)
    Also reboot thing maybe because app it's stored on SD, please move to /data/app instead. Cheers
    Seems not to work with the dell streak. I'm getting the error while downloading: this file is not compatible with this device. Im on a rooted stock rom v. 2.2.2

Any work around?

Can you attach logcat?. Thanks.

New version it's up, fixed wrong onConfigChanged receiver, that was causing modules loading randomly when changes of screen orientation, keyboard, etc.