WTF... is my phone borked?

Search This thread

traumaj

Mar 25, 2011
I shut my phone off for a few at work, and plugged it into my charger. Outta nowhere, it goes into download mode... the only way to power it on is to do a battery pull and unplug the cord. When it powers on, all seems normal except that the battery doesn't seem to be gaining a charge. It has the little lightning bolt, but hasn't gained any percentage.

I'm running sky-ics with faux123's kernel and the UCLA3 modem.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Sounds like the microusb connector is done. Just to make sure try using a different wall USB charger and/or another cable, that could be the problem. If not, its still under warranty, so take it in

jvanbrecht

Apr 18, 2005
Heh.. his phone is not under warranty unless he flashes it back to stock (even if it is a hardware problem, they will fight with him that his custom rom is the cause...)

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA
Before any of that hassle, definitely try another cable/charger first like icenight89 suggested. Very good chance your problem lies there.

alphadog32

Jul 14, 2011
Miami, FL
Guys, it's just the USB he got has the resistor set up for ODIN, if he is using the stock one he got, then I don't know, but some of the USB's do act like USB JIG. I have one, that does the same thing.

traumaj

Mar 25, 2011
Guys, it's just the USB he got has the resistor set up for ODIN, if he is using the stock one he got, then I don't know, but some of the USB's do act like USB JIG. I have one, that does the same thing.

Yeah... not 100% sure what that was all about! I tried a couple different cords with the same results. What's odd is that when I plugged it into my power skin case, everything seemed to be fine. I did fix permissions and do a couple reboots, but it seems to be back to normal now.