Cobalt Theme Port (AOKP, AOSP & Virtuous ROMS ONLY!!!)

Search This thread

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Man, you go to work for a few hours and you miss stuff! What fallout? I noticed Jermaine's thread appears to be gone. Just wondering, not trying to open any wounds. Thanks. :confused:

Sent from my some interwebs thing using Tapatalk 2

You and me both... I logged on a hour or so ago, and was like???? And I'm a Mod.
It's in the hands of senior mods now, that's about all I can say.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Spectredroid

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
1.4.1 34 and holding, love this theme and AOKP, thanks man!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Updated theme a bit with some new icons for notification bar, and some other things that more recent builds of AOKP have added.

Taking a look at AOSP now. ;)

**Edit**

AOSP Build for Nightly #7 uploaded. *See OP

I haven't tried it yet.
Make a backup, give it a try if your on AOSP, and let me know how it looks, or if anything isn't working or doesn't look right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanto

Vanto

Mar 9, 2011
Skopje
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Will look into this, as well as the stock roms like virtuous, this weekend when I have more time.

Obviously you didn't have much time ;) becoming a moderator (congratz by the way)

Just wanted to say that I loved your theme so much that I had to flash me a AOKP BUILDS ROM just to try it ... and fell in love immediately !

But had to go back to Virtuous ROM again (because of the WW issue) so you can see this post as my courage to you to make Cobalt Theme Port for Virtuous or similar roms

Thanks again
Keep up the awesome theme you do !!! :cool:

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Updated theme for AOKP to Milestone 5 (See OP) :)

Also, I fixed the battery icon issue... sort of. I just enlarged the percentage text on the "Icon with centered text" option in ROM Control. So now, all battery options should work as normal. However, if you guys like the way the old battery icons looked better, let me know, I can always revert back (but then we'll have the issues again).

Enjoy!!

**Edit**

Will work on the AOSP Team EOS 2.0 when I have some time later this week.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Can someone upload the current Virtuous framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk & settings.apk in a .zip file for me, and I'll give it a shot... I'm downloading the ROM now, but I'm in a hotel for the next couple of days, and you know how hotel internet is... like an hour left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiftks

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
Great theme ...thx for Virtous version :) :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I finally decided to give this theme its own thread, and stop junking up jermaine151's ROM thread.

Requirements for this theme:

- Your Bootloader should be UNLOCKED.

- You should have the most recent version of CWM Recovery or CWM Recovery Touch installed.

- You should be running the most recent version of AOKP ROM or AOSP ROM or Gummy ROM or Virtuous Prime ROM or AndroWook ROM.

This Theme Contains the Following:
    - Themed framework-res.apk
    - Themed systemui.apk
    - Themed settings.apk
    - Themed ROMControl.apk (AOKP only)
    - Stock G-Nexus boot animation (scaled up at highest quality possible - AOKP & AOSP only) <--- trying to fix speed???
    - Hosts file - to remove ads

Things that need to be fixed:
    - For now, either use the Icon Only, Text Only or Circle Mod options for Battery Icon Style under Rom Control Settings. I replaced the Icon Only images with battery images with nice big numbers that are easy on the eyes. The "Icon with text" and "Icon with centered text" options will overlap the stock battery % with the new ones.

^^^Fixed^^^
    I just went ahead and enlarged the font size for the "Icon with centered text" option. Now all battery options should work as normal. If you guys think the old icons looked better, and don't mind the above issue, then let me know; I can always revert back. ;)

AOKP Build Galaxy Nexus boot animation is running slower than normal as of Build #40. I have temporarily removed the custom boot animation, until I can figure this out. Bright side is, the .zip file size got cut in half.

***Suggestions are welcome, whether or not they can or will be implemented is another matter.***

Download Theme Here:
    *Flash in CWM Recovery

AOKP BUILDS

Build Milestone 6.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?y8u8uj73ned0goo

CornerStone Build #35
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x7b18p0mx6b0fri

AOSP BUILDS

Team EOS v2.0.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?exzxzhix4ejzx8t

VIRTUOUS PRIME BUILDS

9.4.2.28 v1 (work in progress)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?owbd7h59f86h3hu

ANDROWOOK PRIME BUILDS

v2.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6tzyh24rqfz0pqr

GUMMY ROM "TEST" BUILD

1.2.3 (05-18-12)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?b2w7bcq2znf6uv5

63607641.png

74522642.png

44511600.png

27040202.png

94376279.png

37990624.png

14104830.png

Thanks & Praise go to the following people

jermaine151 for bringing AOKP ROM to the TF201

Team EOS for bringing AOSP ROM to the TF201

Diamondback for bringing Virtuous ROM to the TF201

Mr.Wookie for bringing AndroWook ROM to the TF201

Team Gummy & Kejar31 for bringing Gummy ROM to the TF201

dustinb17, and those who helped him, for originally developing this theme & allowing me to port it. See his original Cobalt Thread HERE

reNeglect for bouncing ideas off each other ;)
    Sorry for the update delay... I will hopefully have the updated theme for the current build out tonight... I've been learning about all my Moderator duties now, in case you didn't know. ;)

**Edit**
    OP updated with updated build v1.3
    Sorry i haven't been around much guys... Just brought my first house today, so as you can imagine im pretty busy. Glad yuall are helping each other out. Should be back in my ''normal'' routine after the weekend.

Sent from my SGS III
    Updated theme for AOKP to Milestone 5 (See OP) :)

Also, I fixed the battery icon issue... sort of. I just enlarged the percentage text on the "Icon with centered text" option in ROM Control. So now, all battery options should work as normal. However, if you guys like the way the old battery icons looked better, let me know, I can always revert back (but then we'll have the issues again).

Enjoy!!

**Edit**

Will work on the AOSP Team EOS 2.0 when I have some time later this week.
    I post a update for androwook tonight... As far as installing, just make sure you let the phone fully reboot after installing a Rom, then boot back into Recovery and flash the theme. No wipes are needed.

Sent from my SGS III

**Edit**

AndroWook updated to v2.0

AOKP updated to build #40
    - temporarily removed the custom boot animation for the AOKP build, b/c it was running super slow, and I couldn't figure it out... just need some time. Bright side is the file size got cut in half.

sleep now. :)