The GameKlip™

Search This thread

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
The new GameKlip™ is here! I started a new thread to keep things organized. Check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027611 :)

Hello again everyone! I just launched an accessory for the Galaxy SIII (and other android phones) that you guys might be interested in! I've always loved playing games on my smartphones, but on screen controls were always frustrating. When I discovered the Sixaxis App, and native usb host and controller compatibility with the SIII, I had to figure out a good way to attach my phone to the controller. I came up with the GameKlip™.

I am a university student, and long time xda member. I've been tinkering with this project in my spare time and am now ready to produce them. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think! :)

More information and ordering info available here: http://thegameklip.com/ Starts at $15!!

Update: I shot another quick video showing how strong the GameKlip™ is. Take a look!

Update2: I have replaced the photos of the Galaxy S3 GameKlip™ with a cleaner, more accurate, representation of the final GameKlip™ (still hand cut). Its actually the same one I used in the video above! I have no issues pressing the buttons. The final version has the tabs moved up a little as well to accommodate for the bottom curve on most phones

Update3: I added a lot more information to my website. Check it out!

Update4: I just took some new photos of the production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to press all the buttons. I have also updated the first image above.

Orange.jpg

MultiView.jpg

Update5: I just got a twitter and facebook page up! Feel free to follow or like my pages! I'll be updating them frequently :)
facebook.com/GameKlip
twitter.com/GameKlip

Update6: I just shot a new video real quick to show off the new production models. Added above!

Last edited:

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
Thats funny..cause I think this is a great looking product.

can't say how much I appreciate innovative people...and not just innovative people..but innovative people that take action.

Reactions: 3d Nirvana

Joe777G

Jun 25, 2010
I'm looking at the pictures of this device and I don't see how it is secure? it is just molded hard plastic in the general width of the phone. The plastic touching the phone is smooth. There is no tensioning device to squeeze the sides. i imagine if i put my phone in it and tipped it past level the phone would fall right out. Thats probably why that phone and hand that is "holding it upside down" is cut and pasted out of its original surroundings. I would imagine that it didn't get picked up by Kickstarter because they know it will be the cause of many a broken phone. Sorry to be a downer.

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
I'm looking at the pictures of this device and I don't see how it is secure? it is just molded hard plastic in the general width of the phone. The plastic touching the phone is smooth. There is no tensioning device to squeeze the sides. i imagine if i put my phone in it and tipped it past level the phone would fall right out. Thats probably why that phone and hand that is "holding it upside down" is cut and pasted out of its original surroundings. I would imagine that it didn't get picked up by Kickstarter because they know it will be the cause of many a broken phone. Sorry to be a downer.

The phone isn't cut and pasted in the balcony picture. I held the phone with one hand and took the picture with the other :) I used a fill flash to light the controller, which may be throwing you off.

The material itself has a little spring to it and is molded to be just a hair thinner than the phone. The tabs hold it very securely. I can hold mine upside down with my S3 and shake it without anything coming lose or falling off.

kronium

Jun 29, 2007
Ewa Beach
I was looking all around for a clip with no success. Even tried to talk a Gamestop worker to give me their display clip! Found this the other day but seems so un elegant. http://imgur.com/a/sRiLs Thought about epoxying a case to the controller, but glad I found the GameKlip before I went that route.

Hey Ryan when do you think you'll start shipping? Good luck brother, I'll be spreading the word.

Reactions: 3d Nirvana

3d Nirvana

Aug 6, 2007
I was looking all around for a clip with no success. Even tried to talk a Gamestop worker to give me their display clip! Found this the other day but seems so un elegant. http://imgur.com/a/sRiLs Thought about epoxying a case to the controller, but glad I found the GameKlip before I went that route.

Hey Ryan when do you think you'll start shipping? Good luck brother, I'll be spreading the word.

Thank you! I put 2 to 3 weeks on my website to be safe, but hopefully I'll be able to ship much sooner! And thank you for helping spread the word! I tried posting something over at AndroidCentral and got perma-banned for it. Oh well, xda is better anyway :cool:

Wond3r

Aug 24, 2008
Why did kickstarter reject you?

And it looks like it works even with a case on right

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new GameKlip™ is here! I started a new thread to keep things organized. Check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027611 :)

Hello again everyone! I just launched an accessory for the Galaxy SIII (and other android phones) that you guys might be interested in! I've always loved playing games on my smartphones, but on screen controls were always frustrating. When I discovered the Sixaxis App, and native usb host and controller compatibility with the SIII, I had to figure out a good way to attach my phone to the controller. I came up with the GameKlip™.

I am a university student, and long time xda member. I've been tinkering with this project in my spare time and am now ready to produce them. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think! :)

More information and ordering info available here: http://thegameklip.com/ Starts at $15!!

Update: I shot another quick video showing how strong the GameKlip™ is. Take a look!

Update2: I have replaced the photos of the Galaxy S3 GameKlip™ with a cleaner, more accurate, representation of the final GameKlip™ (still hand cut). Its actually the same one I used in the video above! I have no issues pressing the buttons. The final version has the tabs moved up a little as well to accommodate for the bottom curve on most phones

Update3: I added a lot more information to my website. Check it out!

Update4: I just took some new photos of the production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to press all the buttons. I have also updated the first image above.

Orange.jpg

MultiView.jpg

Update5: I just got a twitter and facebook page up! Feel free to follow or like my pages! I'll be updating them frequently :)
    facebook.com/GameKlip
    twitter.com/GameKlip

Update6: I just shot a new video real quick to show off the new production models. Added above!
    Update! I just replaced a few of the photos with pictures of the final production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to reach all the buttons. I'll be posting more photos and an updated video soon!

Orange.jpg

Green.jpg

MultiView.jpg
    Here is a demo video of how secure the hold is. Hope this will be sufficient :D

I just updated the demo video to feature production models! Check it out! :)

Thank you all for your patience and support! I dropped most of the orders off at the post office this evening! I wasn't able to get all of them out before they closed, but all orders placed before this posting will ship out first thing in the morning :) I'll get the tracking numbers inputted into PayPal asap. Once I input the tracking number, PayPal should send you an email with the shipping details. All orders are shipped via priority mail and should arrive in 1-3 days.

I put a lot of work into every single one of your orders, I hope you like them! Thank you again everyone!