[ROM][4.1.2]Slim Bean-n7000 [All Languages]

Search This thread

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
SlimBeanOP.png
Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
  2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
  3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
  4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
For installation instructions please check here
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the source code.

Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
chasmodo is the beta for this and will be answering most of the qns here.

Flashing instructions are described in the website, but here is the summary, flash in the following order

1) Device.zip
2) slim gapps ( from downloads/addons)
3) any other addons ( from downloads/addons)

Note: this has the mem fix and the latest blobs from cm10/espen. don't flash another kernel. this has Cm10 kernel compiled from source and fluxxi recovery i am fond of.

Edit 1: on 2.6, for GPS fix.
go to Settings, ota, 2.6 fixes, you should see a GPS fix, d/l it and it should auto reboot to recovery. Flash the file from /sdcard/updateme/cm_fluxi_note.zip. GPS should work. Chas tested it and seems to work for him. I was missing an init.gps.rc in ramdisk.

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
FAQ

Q: I'm currently running xyz kernel. Can I flash this Rom safely?

A: Go here to find out.

Q: How do I flash this?

A: This is how.

Q: After flashing the Rom and Gapps I get bootloop / after changing the DPI I get bootlop?

A: Just press and hold power button. After a reboot or two you'll get to homescreen, no reason to worry.

Q: Recovery aborts flashing Rom or Gapps or kernel and displays error code "status 7"?

A: You most probably have a bad download. Redownload Rom/Gapps/kernel, check MD5 and try again.

Q: Flash went through OK, but now I can't sync calendar/contacts/Gmail, there's no option to setup my
Google account, Playstore won't start, where is my Picassa...?

A: You either forgot to flash Gapps, or had a bad Gapps zip (if you had flashed it).

Q: Playstore says I have no apps, and I purchased them ages ago, or claims that my apps are incompatible
with the Note...?

A: Go here to find the solution to your problems.

Q: Can I flash some other kernel on this Rom?

A: You can, but if something goes wrong don't post your problems here. Go to the kernel thread instead.

Q: A system app keeps FCing. What can I do?

A: Go to Settings/apps and clear the app's cache and data, reboot. If that doesn't help, try to dirty reflash the Rom (just wipe cache and dalvik).

Q: How do I change my DPI?

A: 1) Go to Settings/Developer options/LCD Density, set DPI you prefer and reboot. Or

2) download Rom Toolbox from Playstore, tap build.prop editor, find ro.sf.lcd.density and enter
the value you want. Reboot. Or

3) edit build.prop manually, reboot.

4) DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DPI CHANGING APPS BECAUSE YOUR ROM WILL NOT BOOT.

Note's default DPI is 320; you can go as low as 160 to get more screen real estate. Any DPI between 178
and 320 will leave you in phone mode (status/navigation bar at the top of the screen, no softkeys);
between 160 and 177 you are in tablet mode (softkeys, status/navigation bar at the bottom).

Q: I have a battery drain, help!

A: Do not post about it in this thread - it is not Rom related. Download and install BetterBatteryStats and go here
for instructions and help.

Q: Do I need to flash Gapps every time there's a Slim Bean Rom update?

A: No. Here's why.

Code:
Backup tool incorporated, Read Carefully -> Huge Thanks to gmillz
 ( only guaranteed to work on our gapps and addons, 
if you flash another gapps etc you are on your own), similar to CM. for 2.7, MUST RE-DOWNLOAD 
slim_gapps and all addons you use. When 2.7 is released, do the following
Flash Device 2.7.0.zip, then flash the NEW slim_gapps and any other addon you use/want. 
From the next release on, wipe cache/dalvik cache, Just flash device zip, rest should remain intact.
NOTE: If you for a format /system in recovery, you will lose all backups and have to reflash all 
addons again.

Q: Where are S-pen gestures and S-apps?

A: They require TouchWiz framework to work, so you will not find them here. There are alternatives to
S-apps in Playstore, but S-gestures can be found only in TW-based Roms.

SCREENSHOTS:

screenshot2012100318045.png
screenshot2012100317564.png

screenshot2012100317554.png
screenshot2012100317572.png

screenshot2012100317552.png
screenshot2012100317553.png

screenshot2012100317571.png
screenshot2012100317584.png

Last edited:

gattaga

May 8, 2012
Was going through the changelog.. saw a feature Fast Charge Toggle..
Can you list a couple of kernel where this is supported.. (I guess its kernel dependent)

egorgoblin

Apr 6, 2011
Moscow
Is there any way to get Russian on this Rom? Will it come if I flash slim gapps? It might be in addons, but I don't know which to flash...

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Is there any way to get Russian on this Rom? Will it come if I flash slim gapps? It might be in addons, but I don't know which to flash...

I'm afraid not. There is Additional Language Fonts zip at unsupported addons at http://slimroms.net/ , but the description of the file states "for text only, not system language".

It appears that the only supported languages for now are English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

Reactions: egorgoblin

egorgoblin

Apr 6, 2011
Moscow
I'm afraid not. There is Additional Language Fonts zip at unsupported addons at http://slimroms.net/ , but the description of the file states "for text only, not system language".

It appears that the only supported languages for now are English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.

I guess it's the privilege of a slim rom))) gonna use it any way. Really smooth. All good for now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    FAQ

Q: I'm currently running xyz kernel. Can I flash this Rom safely?

A: Go here to find out.

Q: How do I flash this?

A: This is how.

Q: After flashing the Rom and Gapps I get bootloop / after changing the DPI I get bootlop?

A: Just press and hold power button. After a reboot or two you'll get to homescreen, no reason to worry.

Q: Recovery aborts flashing Rom or Gapps or kernel and displays error code "status 7"?

A: You most probably have a bad download. Redownload Rom/Gapps/kernel, check MD5 and try again.

Q: Flash went through OK, but now I can't sync calendar/contacts/Gmail, there's no option to setup my
    Google account, Playstore won't start, where is my Picassa...?

A: You either forgot to flash Gapps, or had a bad Gapps zip (if you had flashed it).

Q: Playstore says I have no apps, and I purchased them ages ago, or claims that my apps are incompatible
    with the Note...?

A: Go here to find the solution to your problems.

Q: Can I flash some other kernel on this Rom?

A: You can, but if something goes wrong don't post your problems here. Go to the kernel thread instead.

Q: A system app keeps FCing. What can I do?

A: Go to Settings/apps and clear the app's cache and data, reboot. If that doesn't help, try to dirty reflash the Rom (just wipe cache and dalvik).

Q: How do I change my DPI?

A: 1) Go to Settings/Developer options/LCD Density, set DPI you prefer and reboot. Or

2) download Rom Toolbox from Playstore, tap build.prop editor, find ro.sf.lcd.density and enter
    the value you want. Reboot. Or

3) edit build.prop manually, reboot.

4) DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DPI CHANGING APPS BECAUSE YOUR ROM WILL NOT BOOT.

Note's default DPI is 320; you can go as low as 160 to get more screen real estate. Any DPI between 178
    and 320 will leave you in phone mode (status/navigation bar at the top of the screen, no softkeys);
    between 160 and 177 you are in tablet mode (softkeys, status/navigation bar at the bottom).

Q: I have a battery drain, help!

A: Do not post about it in this thread - it is not Rom related. Download and install BetterBatteryStats and go here
    for instructions and help.

Q: Do I need to flash Gapps every time there's a Slim Bean Rom update?

A: No. Here's why.

Code:
    Backup tool incorporated, Read Carefully -> Huge Thanks to gmillz
     ( only guaranteed to work on our gapps and addons, 
    if you flash another gapps etc you are on your own), similar to CM. for 2.7, MUST RE-DOWNLOAD 
    slim_gapps and all addons you use. When 2.7 is released, do the following
    Flash Device 2.7.0.zip, then flash the NEW slim_gapps and any other addon you use/want. 
    From the next release on, wipe cache/dalvik cache, Just flash device zip, rest should remain intact.
    NOTE: If you for a format /system in recovery, you will lose all backups and have to reflash all 
    addons again.

Q: Where are S-pen gestures and S-apps?

A: They require TouchWiz framework to work, so you will not find them here. There are alternatives to
    S-apps in Playstore, but S-gestures can be found only in TW-based Roms.

SCREENSHOTS:

screenshot2012100318045.png
    screenshot2012100317564.png

screenshot2012100317554.png
    screenshot2012100317572.png

screenshot2012100317552.png
    screenshot2012100317553.png

screenshot2012100317571.png
    screenshot2012100317584.png
    chasmodo is the beta for this and will be answering most of the qns here.

Flashing instructions are described in the website, but here is the summary, flash in the following order

1) Device.zip
    2) slim gapps ( from downloads/addons)
    3) any other addons ( from downloads/addons)

Note: this has the mem fix and the latest blobs from cm10/espen. don't flash another kernel. this has Cm10 kernel compiled from source and fluxxi recovery i am fond of.

Edit 1: on 2.6, for GPS fix.
    go to Settings, ota, 2.6 fixes, you should see a GPS fix, d/l it and it should auto reboot to recovery. Flash the file from /sdcard/updateme/cm_fluxi_note.zip. GPS should work. Chas tested it and seems to work for him. I was missing an init.gps.rc in ramdisk.
    3.0 released

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
    3.1 released. Thanks Chas for the compile

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2