Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
Good luck doesn't that come into effect on Saturday? Like I said in another post if you buy the phone how the hell are they gonna know if you unlock it yourself? Just avoid taking it to your carrier to ask to have it unlocked

Sent from the scary door....

proud a-clown

Jul 11, 2012
Not to be a wet blanket but if you think for one minute the WH gives a tinker's damn about those petitions, you should start by looking at what's already there with 100k+ sigs. Like every state in the union wanting to secede. On top of that, this was bought and paid for in a negotiation between the carriers and what is, in my view, the finest government money can buy. Look at it this way: if you want to get your phone paid for by someone else, be prepared to accept their conditions. Or spend the $ to get an unlocked version. Or ask the carrier to unlock it. Word is they will if you're current. At the end of the day this really only hurts (US based) unlock code vendors and people trying to buy a ATT phone on ebay to use on TMo's 2G (or similar).

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-unlocking-cell-phones-legal/1g9KhZG7#thank-you=p
Please sign this petition, this whole idea is just stupid... but will very soon become reality!
Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

On the fifth day since petition started and over a quarter of the way there to the 100K (almost 26K sigs). Hopefully this will continue and speed up. Perhaps with more than 100K in half the required time the White House will actually look at it and make the change.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I was under the impression that the rules state it only affects phones purchased after the date it goes into effect. So this shouldn't even matter to those who already own an S3.

Don't get me wrong, it's still important for future purchases, for anyone planning to get the S4 and 5 eventually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

DXP2

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
Will add my signature to it once I got on my PC.
Good to see someone taking action for tech on the whitehouse gov site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: G-Man.

G-Man.

Nov 15, 2010
Laramie, WY

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
To be honest I don't see the big deal. If people did their research they would know this only applies till the phone is paid off at the end of contract and doesn't apply to any lte device due to the agreement with the FCC when the late bands were bought

Wayne Tech S-III

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
To be honest I don't see the big deal. If people did their research they would know this only applies till the phone is paid off at the end of contract and doesn't apply to any lte device due to the agreement with the FCC when the late bands were bought

Wayne Tech S-III

Thanks. Never even thought about this factor. In theory, the LTE phones should never be carrier locked since the LTE is utilizing the 700Mhz band. This means happy unlocking...whatever method I choose. Wonder if AT&T would cave in eventually on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts