[APP][2.3+] NowSMS, an alternative SMS client with google inspired ui

Search This thread

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
Hi guys,

This is the first app that we share with the xda community.

Our goal is to create a different experience using SMS following Google+ and Google Now UI style. Starting from stock Messaging app, we add some cool features and a clean user interface.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=crometh.android.nowsms

Features

• Popup on new messages
  • Unread messages reminder
  • Notifications quick actions
  • List animations
  • Emoji support
  • Extra themes
  • Theme personalization
  • MMS (Beta)
  • Strip accented char function
Note

• At the moment Now SMS requires stock sms app to work correctly.
  • MMS support is still in beta test, we'll appreciate all feedback.
Thank you ;)

Crometh Team

Reviews

Help with translations?
We are looking for people to improve our translations. If interested: http://www.getlocalization.com/nowsms/

Last edited:

cwbeasley

May 28, 2008
Austin
Wifi Calling SMS/MMS support?

I have 4.1.2 on a T989 using a TW interface only because my home has no coverage and I use WiFi Calling as my sole means for voice, sms, mms. Would this still function? Specifically the MMS portion, as no 3rd party app yet recognizes that my WiFi is used for MMS and it tries to fire up my 3G/4G connection (which doesn't exist).

I am asking because I can't get it to work, or maybe I've not set up a particular setting correctly yet. APN changes needed to get it to work maybe?

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
I have 4.1.2 on a T989 using a TW interface only because my home has no coverage and I use WiFi Calling as my sole means for voice, sms, mms. Would this still function? Specifically the MMS portion, as no 3rd party app yet recognizes that my WiFi is used for MMS and it tries to fire up my 3G/4G connection (which doesn't exist).

I am asking because I can't get it to work, or maybe I've not set up a particular setting correctly yet. APN changes needed to get it to work maybe?

MMS over WiFi is not supported at the moment

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
Published version 2.01

Changes

• Fix a little bug that prevent a message to be sent if the address contains international prefix

Last edited:

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
Is it support dual sim? :D:what:

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Tried n as others sms app .. it's not :sly:

No, dual sim support is not officially supported by android so there ins't public api. Dual sim implementation is customized by every manufacturer and/or every device and is not simple to find documentation about it

Reactions: gbadcool

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
Now SMS doesn't save incoming message in android contento provider at the moment. If textra do it, now Sms should work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
I am using the App for 2 Days now and i like the UI and everything works fine so far. Only thing i would like to have a Delivery Notification like with the Send Toast Message. This would be great too and the Group Messaging of course :)

Reactions: etheriae

T_O_N_Y_

Jan 8, 2011
Dallas
Really Loving The UI

I Tried It For The First Time & I Loved It But It Still A Little Rough Around The Edges Lol
I'd Love To Be A Beta Tester For You Guys In Case Y'all Need The Support

Reactions: etheriae

etheriae

Jan 11, 2012
Besnate
2.0.3 BETA

NowSMS 2.0.3 Beta released and available for our beta test community

Changes:
Fix position of some messages inside conversation
Fix LED notification
Added option to disable emoji input
Added option to retain keyboard shown after message is sent
Added option to show/hide feedback after message is sent/delivered
Now only MMSC setting for MMS is required, others are optionalAdded a simple guide to setup MMS

NowSMS 2.0.3 will be also released in production when we fix some other issues.

We are looking for people to improve our translations. If interested: http://www.getlocalization.com/nowsms/

Reactions: tkjeeper

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Applied for g+ community. Having no luck on Sprint SMS. Nt sure what apn settings beyond url (http://mms.sprintpcs.com) I'm supposed to put. It didn't Auto recognize. Will report to g+ if you prefer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts