[Q] Flashing CUSTOM ROM Newbie Help

Search This thread

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
Hi xda-developers community,

sr if this question is anoying but i tried to find a answer for it but the only things i was able to find out that some errors occured. But not if Succes or Failed.

I want to developer unlock my HD7 via custom rom.

Here are my System Infos:

OS Version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware: 2250.21.51101.401
Hardware: 0002
Bootloader: 5.11.2250.0(134578)
Chip-SOC: 2.2.5.0

I have noticed that the bootloader is my main problem. I first need to downgrade. Problem no Synco Save via Zune (damaged HardDisk).

So is there any actual way to successfully downgrade my HD7 to a version to be able to install a Custom Rom?

And another question is, when really accomplished to flash a custom rom, is it possible to update via Zune or does this recover to normal rom?

Thx for ur advices to a noob with WP7.

nice regards Synergi

Last edited:

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
is the first link in my signature. wrote a tutorial.

press edit button to edit a post and it's title.

Reactions: SynergiAios

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
Thx for Link, but before i proceed i need a little bit more information pls.

1) For what i need to download task 00 & task 29? In ur tut they are never used again? Or did i missed anything?

2) Next is in ansar.ath.gr's tut he tells not to install after downgrade a custom rom with 5.10 Bootloader. Is this ment to if i install a stock ROM with this version that downgrage would loose because i install this bootloader again? (sr for bad english)

3) difference between RSPL & HSPL. as i read the RSPL is only active until restart and the HSPL is fixed. So with the RSPL i can try if everything works correct and the Cook it with the HSPL is this correct?

4) What kind of customs roms can i use for a HTC HD7 Europe/Austria A1???

Thx for ur advice.

sincerly Synergi

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
1) For what i need to download task 00 & task 29? In ur tut they are never used again? Or did i missed anything?
when it comes to it... the step instructs which to use.
2) Next is in ansar.ath.gr's tut he tells not to install after downgrade a custom rom with 5.10 Bootloader. Is this ment to if i install a stock ROM with this version that downgrage would loose because i install this bootloader again? (sr for bad english)
he says to not install a 5.xx ROM so you avoid putting yourself in the same position you were in before.
3) difference between RSPL & HSPL. as i read the RSPL is only active until restart and the HSPL is fixed. So with the RSPL i can try if everything works correct and the Cook it with the HSPL is this correct?
answered in one of the first posts in that thread.
RSPL is temporary.
HSPL is permanent.
any Schubert Custom ROM once you are XSPL'd.

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
naving 4

Really Thx for ur advice i will now continue and try it out. Hopefully i will return with jailbroken Phone x)

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
Hello XDA Community,

i need a little bit ur help x) As usual.

I followed ansars Guide to downgrade my spl. This worked successfully. Tricolor screen says:

PD29100 MFG SS_BC (4K)
SPL-1.57.2250.0(113571)
MicroP(LED) 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

When RomUpdateUtility finished an error occured which said that a file is curroped. But Phone rebooted successfully.

First Question was this just a tiny bug or went sth wrong?

Secound Question is: I wanted then to continue installing custom ROM. I used DFT_RSPL to get rspl to flash unsigned custom rom. DFT successfully run trough but phone didn't reboot and no RSPL still SPL. And HSPL cant continue. So my problem is i cant get RSPL to work. What am i doing wrong?

nice regards

Synergi

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
i hadn't ever used ansar's SLSPL before...
i suggest flashing Shipped pre-NoDo or NoDo ROM for your device.
maybe will 'fix' whatever went wrong with SLSPL.

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
ok thx. actually im downloading pre-nodo 1.54 Europe SPL. Sadly Rapidshare free is actually really slow 30Kb/s :(

When finished downloading i will try to flash this Version over Ansars and then RSPL -> to flash custom ROM.

Thx for ur advice.

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
Success !!! :D

After ansars SPL i just had to flash a stock ROM. I choosed PRE-NODO 1.54 Europe and then i was able to RSPL and finally flash a Custom ROM.

Really thx for all ur help.

What im now interested in is, which is the best Custom ROM? Or better asked which is not the best, but which should I prefer?

I want as many possibilities as possible.

Actually im having DeepShine Custom ROM active but i want to look trough of the top to make a decision which i will take for further use.

Can someone maybe tell me which is his favourite and why?

And another question is -> whith the custom rom installed am i able to update via zune or shouldn't i do that? (If not how can i sync with zune and prevent zune to update my phone)

nice regards Synergi

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
As i now read through a little bit of the custom roms available, i think i will go with Nextgen+ It sounds like a good work for me x) If u have any other suggestions pls let me know thx

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
As i have now the Custom ROM NexrGen+ active i have a problem again x) As usual sr XDA Community.

I cant cumunicate with my pc.

Windows 7 x64
Installed: WMDC, CoreCon2, Zune

The System recognizes that a Windows Phone 7 is plugged in but can install the drivers for it.

Any solution for this?

Nice regards

SynergiAios

May 2, 2012
Sr for my bad english. It's not actually the drivers. In German its called "Gerätesoftware" i think its device software. Windows tells me that he wasn't able to install the device windows phone 7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is the first link in my signature. wrote a tutorial.

press edit button to edit a post and it's title.
    when it comes to it... the step instructs which to use.
    he says to not install a 5.xx ROM so you avoid putting yourself in the same position you were in before.
    answered in one of the first posts in that thread.
    RSPL is temporary.
    HSPL is permanent.
    any Schubert Custom ROM once you are XSPL'd.
    i hadn't ever used ansar's SLSPL before...
    i suggest flashing Shipped pre-NoDo or NoDo ROM for your device.
    maybe will 'fix' whatever went wrong with SLSPL.