Why does stock run better than 4.4 CM based roms?

Search This thread

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Title says it all, I tried like 4 Cm based roms and went back to stock because the all had jitter and lag from time to time. Scrolling wasn't nearly as smooth either. Typically CM improves things so curious if anyone else noticed this and might know why.

Sent from my C6503 using xda app-developers app

giant22000

Oct 2, 2011
Google Pixel 2
Hmmm.... I've had quite the opposite experiences. Cm has been very buttery on my g pad. I'm running the latest cm nightly...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
I've found that all the cm based roms run smoother than stock.
Is there any app you have different or any settings you are altering that you don't change on stock?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

bartolop2

Nov 25, 2012
I also find cm11 much smoother than stock. Surprised to read the opposite, the difference is huge IMHO.

Enviado desde mi LG-E975 mediante Tapatalk

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
For what I use my g pad, I didn't experience any major difference between stock and cm11 (I think it's called the lazardus variety).
At least what concerns apps. For the UI, it could be that cm11 runs a bit faster, but maybe this is just perception. But cm11 just brings the features I was missing in stock.

pingwinpower

Jan 4, 2013
Hvidovre
I think it's oposite

Back when I used stock rom I often got anoyed over lag when screen rotated - espesialy when waking up.

Now I use CM M3. I still experinece a little lag when rotating the tab, but it is not as bad as stock rom - I think it is less because I don't get as anoyed over it as I used to be on stock rom.

Only lag I still find a little anoying is when I use Screen of and Lock ap to turn of the tab - odly enough it works perfecktly from the lockscreen.