[Q] S-5830L not recognized by PC

Search This thread

ZeroAE

Nov 7, 2013
I'm trying to connect my S-5830L to my PC, and when I do, the phone charges, but there is no option to access mass storage.
It's recognized in Kies, I even update the phone with it, and a hidden removable disk appears when I connect the phone, yet I still can't access the storage.
I tried installing both the driving independently and via Kies.
There is no notification about it in the phone, and I have USB debugging turned on, and I also tried with it off
Anyone knows what I could be doing wrong?

D

Deleted member 5617821

I'm trying to connect my S-5830L to my PC, and when I do, the phone charges, but there is no option to access mass storage.
It's recognized in Kies, I even update the phone with it, and a hidden removable disk appears when I connect the phone, yet I still can't access the storage.
I tried installing both the driving independently and via Kies.
There is no notification about it in the phone, and I have USB debugging turned on, and I also tried with it off
Anyone knows what I could be doing wrong?

Was the USB Mass Storage working earlier in your PC? What rom do you use? Is your phone rooted?

ZeroAE

Nov 7, 2013
Was the USB Mass Storage working earlier in your PC? What rom do you use? Is your phone rooted?
No, a guy I know passed me this phone, and I haven't be able to use the mass storage since the beginning. It's using stock (in fact, I just updated it via Kies), I have never tweaked it before. And no, it seems it isn't rooted.

D

Deleted member 5617821

No, a guy I know passed me this phone, and I haven't be able to use the mass storage since the beginning. It's using stock (in fact, I just updated it via Kies), I have never tweaked it before. And no, it seems it isn't rooted.

Go to Recovery Mod and do a "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset" & "Wipe Cache Partition". That should pretty much solve the issue. But if the issue still exists, try flashing the stock rom using odin. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares,

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Once installed, go to Recovery Mod and do a "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset" & "Wipe Cache Partition" (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Do post your results. Hope I Helped :)

ZeroAE

Nov 7, 2013
It appears I'll have to flash the stock rom, since wiping the data and cache didn't work.
But does it matter which version of ODIN I use?
The one I'm supposed to use doesn't recognize the phone, but the one I used for the Galaxy S4 and S2 do recognize the phone.

amtdwan

Mar 6, 2014
Pune
might be problem with your samsung mobile driver on your pc.
I have faced same problem.
connect your mobile to pc right click on my computer icon go to manage-device manger
check whether driver is working if not try to reinstall it

D

Deleted member 5617821

It appears I'll have to flash the stock rom, since wiping the data and cache didn't work.
But does it matter which version of ODIN I use?
The one I'm supposed to use doesn't recognize the phone, but the one I used for the Galaxy S4 and S2 do recognize the phone.

I completely agree with @amtdwan. It's most probably the drivers that's causing the problem. Updating/ reinstalling it will solve it :)

ZeroAE

Nov 7, 2013
I removed the ones that Windows install automatically, and reinstalled the Kies ones, but each time I connect the phone to my PC, Windows install the drivers again.
Is that a problem?
Also, the USB utilities setting is greyed out. And I can't seem to open the file explorer with Kies, it says "drive not valid".

D

Deleted member 5617821

I removed the ones that Windows install automatically, and reinstalled the Kies ones, but each time I connect the phone to my PC, Windows install the drivers again.
Is that a problem?
Also, the USB utilities setting is greyed out. And I can't seem to open the file explorer with Kies, it says "drive not valid".
BTW does "Turn on USB Storage" pop up now in your phone when you connect it to PC? If yes click it, then can you try opening using Windows file explorer rather than Kies? Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5617821

I'm trying to use 'Odin Multi Downloader V.4.42", but it doesn't recognize the phone.
But when I try to use Odin3 V1.85 or Odin3 V3.09, it recognizes it.

Each device has its own odin. For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, the most stable odin is S5830 Odin Multi Downloader v4.38. You can find this in the link mentioned previously. I will provide the same the link again. Go to the "Preparation" section where you will find all the necessary downloads including the drivers.

Can you try this version of odin with the drivers mentioned above and see if it works? Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)

ZeroAE

Nov 7, 2013
Each device has its own odin. For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, the most stable odin is S5830 Odin Multi Downloader v4.38. You can find this in the link mentioned previously. I will provide the same the link again. Go to the "Preparation" section where you will find all the necessary downloads including the drivers.

Can you try this version of odin with the drivers mentioned above and see if it works? Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)
I was able to flash the phone using your steps, but it still doesn't open in explorer.
I guess I'm giving up, since nothing I've tried worked.
Thanks anyways, mahithm.

D

Deleted member 5617821

I was able to flash the phone using your steps, but it still doesn't open in explorer.
I guess I'm giving up, since nothing I've tried worked.
Thanks anyways, mahithm.

So does "Turn on USB Storage" pop up now in your phone when you connect it to PC? Did you use the firmware from the site I mentioned? This problem could be caused if you have a faulty firmware. Also make sure you have a working sdcard. Sometimes faulty sdcard also cause such errors. Last but no the least, you can use the USBMassStorage app I developed. For it to work, you need a rooted phone. I'll provide you all the necessary link. Don't forget to read all the guidelines before using the app.

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

USBMassStorage App for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

I hope this solution works. Also we at XDA Developers are always happy to help our fellow comrade in trouble :)

Last edited by a moderator: