[Q] Phone dialing but wont ever connect to call, full bars

Search This thread

pilot4higher

Aug 23, 2014
Guys i desperately need some help...i have tried everything i can try....My S3 I747 is having a very weird problem, i am currently using straight talk...i am able to make calls with full bars indicating but all the phone says is Dialing it will not connect to the person i am calling, i have tried different roms, downgrading baseband, upgrading baseband...i finally just ended up with 4.4.2 stock rom with root, and still the same problem, the phone is unlocked as far as i know and it does detect the sim card this is my first post on XDA, but have been a user for years....PLEASE help!

Also it says AT&T in top left corner never HOME, i have had this phone for a year now, and it just started doing this out of the blue...

Has anyone else had this problem?...

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
my brother has my old s3 i747(rooted, CM10.2) and is on straight talk. took hours on the phone with them to get it set up. for some unexplained reason, they told him to never enable wifi(?).
anyway, did you check settings>wireless>more>mobile networks>APN,and make sure straight talk box is checked? just an idea.
good luck

err on the side of kindness

pilot4higher

Aug 23, 2014
my brother has my old s3 i747(rooted, CM10.2) and is on straight talk. took hours on the phone with them to get it set up. for some unexplained reason, they told him to never enable wifi(?).
anyway, did you check settings>wireless>more>mobile networks>APN,and make sure straight talk box is checked? just an idea.
good luck

yeah i have tried 4 different Straight Talk APNs and none of them fixed the problem, the crazy thing is, is the phone was working great till last monday after using it for a year and then bam it starts doing this, i thought that the sim card was maybe to old or just stopped working, so i bought a new one, and that still didnt fix it...

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
my brothers phone does off the wall stuff also. sometimes wont connect to internet, random extreme battery drain,....
i hate to suggest it, but maybe call straight talk??? sorry, had to throw it out there.
cleared dalvik and cache after flashing? sometimes reflasing will fix an issue.(make backup!!!!!)

Last edited:

pilot4higher

Aug 23, 2014
my brothers phone does off the wall stuff also. sometimes wont connect to internet, random extreme battery drain,....
i hate to suggest it, but maybe call straight talk??? sorry, had to throw it out there.
cleared dalvik and cache after flashing? sometimes reflasing will fix an issue.(make backup!!!!!)

Ill try reflashing, after that ill try flashing another rom, if that doesnt work ill call straight talk...the people at Customer service are just so dang hard to understand

pilot4higher

Aug 23, 2014
ok. best of luck.:thumbup:

ok so i reflashed no luck, flashed a different rom, and some what had a little success, i can now get 4g lte, wifi works, everything works fine except i still cant connect to someone when i call it still says dialing...however i was able to make one phone call??? so weird im calling straight talk tomorrow

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
ok so i reflashed no luck, flashed a different rom, and some what had a little success, i can now get 4g lte, wifi works, everything works fine except i still cant connect to someone when i call it still says dialing...however i was able to make one phone call??? so weird im calling straight talk tomorrow

:sly::thumbup: