SMS lag ? Please help

Search This thread
R

Royalfan29

Hey good afternoon guys.

So basically I downloaded 8sms and personally I like it better than hangouts because its theme nice with the custom ROM (pa4.5 b4 with blink theme)

With hangouts, everything was smooth and fast. With 8sms, it works fine but every time I Click a new text message, the screen goes white for half a second ( or less) then goes into the message. It kind of annoys me a bit since hangout didn't have the blank screen. I try adjusting my animation speed and didn't help. Could it be the app it self ? I have elementalx kernel with pureperformance x mod installed. The phone itself is pretty darn quick. Can any help me out trying to figure out smooth transitions for 8sms ? Thanks for you time!

E

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey good afternoon guys.

So basically I downloaded 8sms and personally I like it better than hangouts because its theme nice with the custom ROM (pa4.5 b4 with blink theme)

With hangouts, everything was smooth and fast. With 8sms, it works fine but every time I Click a new text message, the screen goes white for half a second ( or less) then goes into the message. It kind of annoys me a bit since hangout didn't have the blank screen. I try adjusting my animation speed and didn't help. Could it be the app it self ? I have elementalx kernel with pureperformance x mod installed. The phone itself is pretty darn quick. Can any help me out trying to figure out smooth transitions for 8sms ? Thanks for you time!

E
First off, PPX is pointless on the N5 so you should uninstall it IMHO.
I never used 8sms but I never had such issue with other 3rd party apps. Try EvolveSMS, Hello,... If all works fine your issue comes from 8sms.