[ROM] [KK] [UNOFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v3.2 for the SGH-I777/959G

Search This thread

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Welcome to the unofficial builds for LiquidSmooth ROM v3.2 - Built from the LS source and now available for this never dying device.

sphilz.jpg

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

dcg8xj.jpg

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

2nsxchl.jpg

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

CPA Poke

sv2uz4.jpg

Code:
Sabermod Toolchain 4.7/4.8
Level O3 GCC Optimization
Customizable lockscreen buttons/sliders
Customizable Quicksettings Panels
Custom animation controls
TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
Active Display
Slims QuickSettings
Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
Ram Bar
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Privacy Guard
Built in SuperUser
Slim Recents Style
Cell Broadcasts
Statusbar Customization
Hardware Key Customization
Slims Configurable Power Menu
Slims Configurable Nav Bar
Gamma Configuration support
Custom animation controls (Listview)
LockScreen Notifications
And way more than this...

ejdkic.jpg

Code:
In lieu of a real changelog, you can [URL="https://github.com/LiquidSmooth/android/commits/kitkat"]follow the commits on Github[/URL]

21ee2p1.jpg

Code:
[URL="https://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]

2rw81dx.jpg

Code:
You can download the latest build from [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001608062"]RIGHT HERE[/URL] (Current Build: 3.2 Milestone )

Older builds can be downloaded [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18575"]FROM HERE[/URL] 

Any 4.4.4 Gapps will do for this ROM

Kernel is stock CM kernel with CWM recovery. If you want a custom kernel to run with this, hit up THIS THREAD for @rogersb11 Shift kernel.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You must have a KitKat compatible recovery to flash this rom.

For SGH-I777

CWM - 6.0.4.4+
TWRP - 2.6.3.0+

For SGH-S959G

CWM - 6.0.4.5 from here
TWRP - 2.6.3.0 from here

Please remember that these are UNOFFICIAL BUILDS. This meaning nobody from the LiquidSmooth team should be expected to help you if you run into any issues. Bugs should be reported to THIS THREAD ONLY. I will do my best to address and fix them as I can. I'm not a master developer, just a builder. But I am learning, and I will try my best to track down fixes to relevant bugs.

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

SPECIAL THANKS

Special thanks to the entire LiquidSmooth team for building this awesome ROM. I just compile it from source for this device and the ROM would not be here without their dedication and hard work to provide it.

Special thanks also once again to @rogersb11 and @cyril279 for their guidance and pushing me to learn more about how all of this works. They are amazing guys and have been very helpful along my journey to doing this kind of thing.

---------------------------------------
ROM: LiquidSmooh v3.2 Beta
Android Version: 4.4.4
Kernel: CyanogenMod
Built By: TheGeekyNimrod

Last edited:

edwin270

May 2, 2010
Tema
www.edsysinc.webs.com
Has all the features yet doesn't seems to slow down. If there is one thing that i miss from the other rom, it is the ability to have full screen contact when a call comes through. For now am sticking to this rom..... Hope I do.

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Keep in mind that version 3.2 is considered still in beta. Though I have to say I've been decently impressed with it on my S3. It's my current daily on that device.

I'll be updating it weekly, or maybe earlier if there are major changes. So I would suspect that features and overall smoothness and performance will improve as it goes on.

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Ummm...don't try to install the Viper driver in the Equalizer settings. Put me in a headlock from whence I had to clean install again.

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Ummm...don't try to install the Viper driver in the Equalizer settings. Put me in a headlock from whence I had to clean install again.

I'll have to play with that today. It may be selecting the wrong driver, or may not be supported by this device. I'll admit I didn't even touch it when I flashed this build. I can't remember if I installed drivers with it on my S3 or not.

I'll do a factory reset and look into it today and see if it can be usable. If not, then I'll get rid of it in the next update.

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: david72262

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Okay, I just tested it myself and it installed the driver and rebooted with no problem (see attached screenshot).

Instead of choosing to install the driver when the box first pops up (after going to Settings>Equalizer) I chose the dropdown menu and install driver from there. I also selected battery saving. It installed and rebooted without any issue.

Perhaps try installing the driver that way instead of the initial popup that first appears.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-03-09-43-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-03-09-43-53.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: cyril279

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Okay, I just tested it myself and it installed the driver and rebooted with no problem (see attached screenshot).

Instead of choosing to install the driver when the box first pops up (after going to Settings>Equalizer) I chose the dropdown menu and install driver from there. I also selected battery saving. It installed and rebooted without any issue.

Perhaps try installing the driver that way instead of the initial popup that first appears.

Sounds good. Thanks. Does it function as well?

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Must say when I first flashed the rom, i did install the sound drivers from the equalizer without any issues. It worked fine for me. Even after a second flash.

Both of you just flash my damn kernel for some real sound enhancement support lol. Voodoo i believe, configured in stweaks. MASSIVE difference. Nice job by the way @TheGeekyNimrod. Bout time cyril and i got some help hahaha. Oh and of course mr cook as well
Speaking of @mr-cook, what do you know about the legality of gapps as I want to add minimal to my rom. I already know how just didn't know if I technically could

Sounds good. Thanks. Does it function as well?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Both of you just flash my damn kernel for some real sound enhancement support lol. Voodoo i believe, configured in stweaks. MASSIVE difference. Nice job by the way @TheGeekyNimrod. Bout time cyril and i got some help hahaha. Oh and of course mr cook as well
Speaking of @mr-cook, what do you know about the legality of gapps as I want to add minimal to my rom. I already know how just didn't know if I technically could

I'm still on your 4.6... I'll jump to 4.8 and see what's what... that's your latest, right?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Flashed 4.8, looking in stweaks, don't see anything about voodoo sound?

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com

The ViPER is just an awesome equalizer built off DSP manager. Works great for the S3 I know. Didn't test it on the S2. It's running a different ROM built by some Rogers guy :cool:

I've seen so many conflicting things about including Gapps with a ROM. I've seen it's okay for stock based but not AOSP, not okay for either, and okay for both.

I honestly think that minimal should be included with a ROM. At the very least Play and Gmail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm still on your 4.6... I'll jump to 4.8 and see what's what... that's your latest, right?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Flashed 4.8, looking in stweaks, don't see anything about voodoo sound?

It didn't say voodoo, just sound......

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The ViPER is just an awesome equalizer built off DSP manager. Works great for the S3 I know. Didn't test it on the S2. It's running a different ROM built by some Rogers guy :cool:

I've seen so many conflicting things about including Gapps with a ROM. I've seen it's okay for stock based but not AOSP, not okay for either, and okay for both.

I honestly think that minimal should be included with a ROM. At the very least Play and Gmail.

Right, my same issue actually. I can include it easily just don't want to do anything illegal lol. Working on my ROM and N2 kernel this evening. Might mess with dual boot support support again for the S2 at some point this week. Learned many new things in last couple of weeks

Still not seeing anything about EQ, just gain/amplification for buds/speakers/mic

That's what I'm talking about. Basically doubles the output sound volume. I don't use EQ as one wrong tweak and the sound goes to crap lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the unofficial builds for LiquidSmooth ROM v3.2 - Built from the LS source and now available for this never dying device.

sphilz.jpg

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

dcg8xj.jpg

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

2nsxchl.jpg

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

CPA Poke

sv2uz4.jpg

Code:
    Sabermod Toolchain 4.7/4.8
    Level O3 GCC Optimization
    Customizable lockscreen buttons/sliders
    Customizable Quicksettings Panels
    Custom animation controls
    TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
    Active Display
    Slims QuickSettings
    Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
    Ram Bar
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Slim Recents Style
    Cell Broadcasts
    Statusbar Customization
    Hardware Key Customization
    Slims Configurable Power Menu
    Slims Configurable Nav Bar
    Gamma Configuration support
    Custom animation controls (Listview)
    LockScreen Notifications
    And way more than this...

ejdkic.jpg

Code:
    In lieu of a real changelog, you can [URL="https://github.com/LiquidSmooth/android/commits/kitkat"]follow the commits on Github[/URL]

21ee2p1.jpg

Code:
    [URL="https://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]

2rw81dx.jpg

Code:
    You can download the latest build from [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001608062"]RIGHT HERE[/URL] (Current Build: 3.2 Milestone )

Older builds can be downloaded [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18575"]FROM HERE[/URL] 

Any 4.4.4 Gapps will do for this ROM

Kernel is stock CM kernel with CWM recovery. If you want a custom kernel to run with this, hit up THIS THREAD for @rogersb11 Shift kernel.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You must have a KitKat compatible recovery to flash this rom.

For SGH-I777

CWM - 6.0.4.4+
    TWRP - 2.6.3.0+

For SGH-S959G

CWM - 6.0.4.5 from here
    TWRP - 2.6.3.0 from here

Please remember that these are UNOFFICIAL BUILDS. This meaning nobody from the LiquidSmooth team should be expected to help you if you run into any issues. Bugs should be reported to THIS THREAD ONLY. I will do my best to address and fix them as I can. I'm not a master developer, just a builder. But I am learning, and I will try my best to track down fixes to relevant bugs.

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

SPECIAL THANKS

Special thanks to the entire LiquidSmooth team for building this awesome ROM. I just compile it from source for this device and the ROM would not be here without their dedication and hard work to provide it.

Special thanks also once again to @rogersb11 and @cyril279 for their guidance and pushing me to learn more about how all of this works. They are amazing guys and have been very helpful along my journey to doing this kind of thing.

---------------------------------------
    ROM: LiquidSmooh v3.2 Beta
    Android Version: 4.4.4
    Kernel: CyanogenMod
    Built By: TheGeekyNimrod
    Just thought I would update on the progress of LiquidSmooth. The last build I put out, the LS v3.2 Milestone will be the last KitKat based LS build. Development on KitKat has pretty much ceased for the time being it seems, and there's nothing new in the code that really has to be there, or is a required update.

I am currently working on getting LiquidSmooth v4.0 (Android Lollipop) built and running. Many thanks to @rogersb11 for his help with getting our device tree updated and things in place so that this can become a reality. I hope to have an early alpha build out by the weekend or during the weekend. That being said though, don't get TOO excited yet. Even if it's out as an alpha, I don't want to release it until I've played with it extensively myself and made sure that basic things are running and I'm not going to risk anyone bricking because my build is that incomplete.

So that's where LiquidSmooth for the i777/959g stands right now.
    ***NEW BUILD POSTED***

ALRIGHTY!!! A new build has FINALLY been posted. Had a few setbacks getting it to build, but it finally succeeded. I tested it out very briefly and all seems to be working okay. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Dirty flash for upgrading should be okay. ALWAYS clean flash if coming from anything else.

As always, happy flashing!
    Working on cm12. No recovery support currently for this device so you'll have to know what you're doing if all goes well. Will be PURE ALPHA. In no way will it be a DD. But alas it will of course be coming with shift kernel. I feel good the necessary changes have been made to complete build. We shall see. Sorry I've been nonexistent but I've been busy in n2 kernel, n2 cm12, 2 n2 cm12 kernels with different mali etc. Hopefully I'll have something new to play with. I was running it earlier on n2

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Awesome. I'll look at it some in the morning and get a feel for what had to be changed and what not. You're on the ball man!

No baseband at the moment. Friend left me his s2 to play with tonight while he works. But working rom with working wifi

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app