Transparent Sense Lockscreen Fix For The Mytouch 4G yet?

Search This thread

G_won

Jun 28, 2009
Was wondering if anyone tried this or found a smiliar fix for the stupid lockscreen blocking the wallpaper. I can tollerate or even appreciate much of everything else in this version of Sense, everything except my animated wallpaper getting blocked by this crap :mad:

nvmehaterz

Nov 25, 2010
colorado springs
try downloading from market two apps, one called no lock so u can disable the sense lockscreen then download an app called simply lockscreen, you can choose the transparency to what you want so your background will show thru, love it!

sicdroid

Jul 14, 2010
You can also use Root Explorer and delete the HTClockscreen.apk and ODEX file. You will have a transparent lockscreen with the stock ASOP sliders...

G_won

Jun 28, 2009
well i perma rooted phone thanx to visionary & deleted the HTCLockscreen apk & odex file.

yet I still get the lockscreen, even when i delete and immediately reboot.. THE HTCLOCKSCREEN APK & ODEX FILES COME BACK IN /system/apps !! :(

wtf am I doing wrong? lol - did this whole rooting thing before on older android phone yet the lockscreen that won't die is making me feel like a n00b :(

also read on here that Titanium Backup can also force out HTC Lockscreen to Froyo default but don't know what app name it falls under in the huge list of apps on my phone since i don't see anything obvious like "HTC Lockscreen" or anything of the sort.

Last edited:

aznpr1de808

Sep 25, 2010
San Antonio
well i perma rooted phone thanx to visionary & deleted the HTCLockscreen apk & odex file.

yet I still get the lockscreen, even when i delete and immediately reboot.. THE HTCLOCKSCREEN APK & ODEX FILES COME BACK IN /system/apps !! :(

wtf am I doing wrong? lol - did this whole rooting thing before on older android phone yet the lockscreen that won't die is making me feel like a n00b :(

also read on here that Titanium Backup can also force out HTC Lockscreen to Froyo default but don't know what app name it falls under in the huge list of apps on my phone since i don't see anything obvious like "HTC Lockscreen" or anything of the sort.

make sure youre deleting the apk from /system/app and that youre mounted in R/W that worked for me now i have the transparent AOSP lockscreen. but understand that if you delete this apk your stock alarm wont function properly and you will have to download an aftermarket app from the market. for some reason HTC tethered the stock alarm into the HTClockscreen.apk lol so it goes off when its set to go off but you cant dismiss the alarm afterwards lol

kambiz.aghaiepour

Dec 1, 2010
Is there any way to make it NOT be transparent but rather with a black background, (or possibly other configurable setting, such as settings -> personalize -> lockscreen background)? The transparency looks not so good as the desktop widgets come through and the texts overlay one another.

I renamed the HtcLockScreen.apk (I have the deodexed ice glacier rom) in /system/app but ended up putting it back because it caused me to have convulsions for it to be transparent.

G_won

Jun 28, 2009
make sure youre deleting the apk from /system/app and that youre mounted in R/W

lol yes yes and yes i have R/W mounted in the root folder (otherwise it wouldn't let me delete anything lol). and i do go in that exact folder and for the moment those two files are deleted

yet the moment turn screen off and bring it back up... there's the dreadful lock screen of HTC's even tho the files are deleted. and upon rebooting the phone (hard or quick reboot) they magically appear :(

is everyone who deleted these two files with success using a secondary ROM? Because I'm still on the default ROM since.. well I still like much of the default ROM outside of course... this cursed lockscreen :mad:

kambiz.aghaiepour

Dec 1, 2010
You have s=off ? If you don't, even though you're remounting /system as rw, it might not be writing back out to flash memory if s=on. Just a thought.

lol yes yes and yes i have R/W mounted in the root folder (otherwise it wouldn't let me delete anything lol). and i do go in that exact folder and for the moment those two files are deleted

yet the moment turn screen off and bring it back up... there's the dreadful lock screen of HTC's even tho the files are deleted. and upon rebooting the phone (hard or quick reboot) they magically appear :(

is everyone who deleted these two files with success using a secondary ROM? Because I'm still on the default ROM since.. well I still like much of the default ROM outside of course... this cursed lockscreen :mad:

G_won

Jun 28, 2009
You have s=off ? If you don't, even though you're remounting /system as rw, it might not be writing back out to flash memory if s=on. Just a thought.

more then a mere thought, it's the fix that finally works! :D

went through all these steps except the visionary stuff that I already did to get root and after deleting those two HTCLockscreen files & rebooting, whala!

of course I'm now seeing the issue folks was talking about with seeing the homescreen icons/widgets through the lockscreen but i feel like progress was made still. thanks all! :D

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
not sure about Espresso/Stock but on the Desire HD and Desire Z ROMs the only thing that shows through is the wallpaper (static or LWP whatever you have set), no icons or widgets.

Poignant

Jan 12, 2011
North Hollywood
Well those phones arent the one with the issue, the g2 has the stock lockscreen I want.
I deleted the htclockscreen.apk but not the htclockscreen.odex and I do get the transparent lockscreen with the sliders people mention, (idk what's the point of deleting the odex file if it works fine by just deleting the apk) I also get the icons, widgets etc. being displayed in the lockscreen as well. This is my main issue. Is there a way to fix the settings of the ASOP lockscreen that has been aquired by deleting the htclockscreen.apk? How? If not can I just flash a zip of a ASOP lockscreen instead, that way its not been modified by htc?

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
Well those phones arent the one with the issue, the g2 has the stock lockscreen I want.
I deleted the htclockscreen.apk but not the htclockscreen.odex and I do get the transparent lockscreen with the sliders people mention, (idk what's the point of deleting the odex file if it works fine by just deleting the apk) I also get the icons, widgets etc. being displayed in the lockscreen as well. This is my main issue. Is there a way to fix the settings of the ASOP lockscreen that has been aquired by deleting the htclockscreen.apk? How? If not can I just flash a zip of a ASOP lockscreen instead, that way its not been modified by htc?

I wan't talking about the phones, i was talking about the ROMs that have been ported from their stock versions to run on our phones. Stock they are running HTC Sense without the TMO Espresso overlay on top of it. I was pointing out that on Stock Sense deleting the HTCLockscreen.apk it gets you have the "stock" G2/AOSP screen like what you are wanting where you can see your wallpaper image or your LWP running behind the locksliders without seeing all your icons and widgets. so if you (like myself) prefer Sense over AOSP/CM but prefer the AOSP lockscreen sliders, then switching to one of eVil D's or Gr8Gorilla's Desire HD ports or eVil D's Desire Z port will let you have exactly what you are trying to do. and it's not just this phone... my wife's phone and my backup phone the MT3G-Slide which also runs Espresso over Sense has the same issue on the stock ROM. it is an issue with Espresso.

Reactions: Poignant

Poignant

Jan 12, 2011
North Hollywood
I wan't talking about the phones, i was talking about the ROMs that have been ported from their stock versions to run on our phones. Stock they are running HTC Sense without the TMO Espresso overlay on top of it. I was pointing out that on Stock Sense deleting the HTCLockscreen.apk it gets you have the "stock" G2/AOSP screen like what you are wanting where you can see your wallpaper image or your LWP running behind the locksliders without seeing all your icons and widgets. so if you (like myself) prefer Sense over AOSP/CM but prefer the AOSP lockscreen sliders, then switching to one of eVil D's or Gr8Gorilla's Desire HD ports or eVil D's Desire Z port will let you have exactly what you are trying to do. and it's not just this phone... my wife's phone and my backup phone the MT3G-Slide which also runs Espresso over Sense has the same issue on the stock ROM. it is an issue with Espresso.

Did you guys see this one? I've been using it since Dec.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=847714

Thank you guys both responses are really helpful ( : I actually made a combination of both evil d's desire z port and the updated zip found on post #48 of the thread of the link provided lol,

"THANKS, worked like a charm!!! Here's the updated zip file. Attached Files Really_Trans.arrows.Lockscreen.zip (3.1 KB, 50 views)"

It works really nicely, except the lockscreen music widget is shifted to the right when music is being played when
the transparent lockscreen zip has been applied. Stock rom or port rom of desire z.
@Ravenwulf whats the difference between evil d's desire hd port and gr8gorilla's desire hd port? and whats the difference between the desire z port and desire hd port? Pros and cons?

Last edited:

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
Thank you guys both responses are really helpful ( : I actually made a combination of both evil d's desire z port and the updated zip found on post #48 of the thread of the link provided lol,

"THANKS, worked like a charm!!! Here's the updated zip file. Attached Files Really_Trans.arrows.Lockscreen.zip (3.1 KB, 50 views)"

It works really nicely, except the lockscreen music widget is shifted to the right when music is being played when
the transparent lockscreen zip has been applied. Stock rom or port rom of desire z.
@Ravenwulf whats the difference between evil d's desire hd port and gr8gorilla's desire hd port? and whats the difference between the desire z port and desire hd port? Pros and cons?

differences between eVil D's HD port is that it is using a newer baseband for the build and some of the themes ported for gorilla's ROM have issues with eVil's ROM. but there is a thread over on the D-HD board that has a bunch of themes/skins that work with both CAN BE FOUND HERE, just download the ones you like and install them (not flash but install using a file manager like Astro). the only major/noticeable difference between the D-HD and D-Z that I found is that the D-HD only has portrait mode for the home screen when using stock/Sense launcher (like our stock/Espresso ROM), where as the D-Z home screen will rotate between portrait and landscape depending on how you're holding the phone.

Poignant

Jan 12, 2011
North Hollywood
differences between eVil D's HD port is that it is using a newer baseband for the build and some of the themes ported for gorilla's ROM have issues with eVil's ROM. but there is a thread over on the D-HD board that has a bunch of themes/skins that work with both CAN BE FOUND HERE, just download the ones you like and install them (not flash but install using a file manager like Astro). the only major/noticeable difference between the D-HD and D-Z that I found is that the D-HD only has portrait mode for the home screen when using stock/Sense launcher (like our stock/Espresso ROM), where as the D-Z home screen will rotate between portrait and landscape depending on how you're holding the phone.

Wow that was a fast reply. I'm gonna sound like a total noob, what's baseband? Does it mean
Like signal strength? So should I use evil d's Rom instead because it'll have faster speeds?

Also I noticed gr8gorilla has the genius button app installed in his d-hd rom while the other two roms from evil d don't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you guys see this one? I've been using it since Dec.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=847714