{ROM}{2.3.6}Emancipation: 1st Amendment{041312}

Search This thread

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
Now i know we have been all over the place on this, and it was that its not showing up on the PC, but have you tried going into download And see if Odin recognizes your phone?

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

yeah, been done. no recognition. The computer sees the device but fails to load drivers. I tried laptops, PC's, Linux, and mac. No luck with any

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
yeah, been done. no recognition. The computer sees the device but fails to load drivers. I tried laptops, PC's, Linux, and mac. No luck with any

And strange new development....when I power down the phone and plug it in, it auto reboots and will not remain off. Strange symptom of something wrong

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Also have you tried flashing another rom, like a stock one to see if the pro lem persists?

No I haven't but I will now. But since I have no connectivity on my phone I will have to load it to my external SD and transfer it onto my internal to flash? Is that correct

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
I download all my files straight to my phone. Goes into a folder named download. Then reboot into recovery and you will see that folder. No need to transfer.

SMiGGs

Dec 28, 2011
Ive been getting SODs like crazy now, its a pain in the booty. I reflashed 3 times already. :(

I love the rom just for its OTA feature, and its great daily driver purpose.

Last edited:

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Ive been getting SODs like crazy now, its a pain in the booty. I reflashed 3 times already. :(

I love the rom just for its OTA feature, and its great daily driver purpose.

Have you made any changes?

Everyone must understand, that when we ask certain questions it is because we do not have these issues and cannot reproduce. We are fairly certain on the stability of the rom itself, as I have had ZERO sod's, and I believe you are.

As always, it may still be a bad flash, could be a good flash on residual data or rom elements, could unfortunately be your phone and this rom, and it could be an app you use that I do not.

My best advice would be to get a fresh download and put it on your sd card. Do a clean wipe, and even use qksters wipe utility, flash the rom twice, let sit for ten minutes after install while everything is placed were it should be, and then run the base without storing apps to see if you have sods before your addded apps. Maybe you will find the culprit. Redownlaod the apps you need fresh from the market. I do not recommend restoring data as it has been known to be the culprit, but if you do, install one by one and run awhile in between, again to see if you find the culprit.

I recommend the above because I have had to do it in on a prior rom, and it ended up being a bad restore of Opera Mobile. It was a pain, but all was good after that.

Good luck if you choose to stay with this rom.

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
I download all my files straight to my phone. Goes into a folder named download. Then reboot into recovery and you will see that folder. No need to transfer.

A wise man once told me to do the same .. only difference name it with a + sign in front of the name ... That way it is always the first file
:sly:

R3velators Mount Up
BubbaJoe R3dneck R3velator
{Deeply Blue Emancipated Outlaw}

Reactions: EXPERIMENT

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Not unless the snot fairy put one there. ICS only has a chance of being made if 1 of the wonderful flashers in this thread make one. The collective is all ICSed (word?) out. Only other awesome colors for us.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

You have something in your inbox Mr. Bubba.

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
Thank you Nun and to all who helped with this rom. I hive been using this rom for a little over a week, and even after I added my tweaks, like infusion and over clocked, it's still stable as hell. Great work!

Sent from my Emancipated Infuse, running Infusion A2 core Over clocked to 1.6 :D

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
No, just flashed the Infusion core a2. Do I need the libs for Infusion,and if so why?

Sent from my Emancipated Infuse, running Infusion A2 core Over clocked to 1.6 :D

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Flash the libs in the rom section of the ota then. If you dont, video will be broken and you will not be able to record. These libs will fix that. Just flash in CWM and you will be good.

Reactions: Bubba

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
USB

Also have you tried flashing another rom, like a stock one to see if the pro lem persists?

So I tried 3 different ROMS with no success and then I got the idea to flash entropy's new kernel. Well that broke something because now I'm soft bricked. I can't get into DL mode or CWM, I just hang at the samsung screen. I think I finally broke it.

Gonna try some other things but i think the AT&T warranty guys will have to get me a new phone and since it can't boot I assume they can't tell its been rooted and custom roms installed.

Thanks for the help and as always I welcome any suggestions or comments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

emancipationshowcase.png
    This is only the beginning...again...
    This is not just a re-release of R3VELATiON. It's a total rebuild from the ground up. Base has been rebuilt, theme overhauled, and a couple new faces added to the team. We hope you enjoy.

Features

• UCLB3 firmware
    • Entropy's DD Experimental KernelOriginal Thread
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Universal Adrenaline Shotv14-1 Original Thread
    • 8 Lockscreens - Changable in Settings Menu
    • OTA updates for rom, themes, add-ons and more...found in Settings menu
    • 14 Quick Panel Toggles - Customizable with Quickpanel Options found in Settings Menu
    • MIUI style battery bar w/customizable in Settings Menu
    • Extended power menu
    • ADW launcher
    • Custom transition animations
    • More to come...
    Added Apps

• Titanium BackUp
    • Google Music
    • Voltage Control 4.9.1
    • Black Palringo - in app settings/display...set to legacy view for black chat
    • Screenshot ER Original Thread
    • Swype - you will find two Swype keyboards found in a folder on your sd card. Install as an apk.
    • Modified Collective Wallpaper Chooser
    Please Wipe Data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache. *Once the slate is clean, flash in recovery.
    If you don't wipe...we don't know where you started and will be unable to help you with your issues.

The battery icon has been removed from the statusbar. The battery bar has taken it's place. However, upon first boot, you must set the battery bar to a width of 3 pixels in order for it to appear. Onces set, it will stick upon reboot.​

Download Emancipation A: 1
    MD5 Checksum
    0d637acdc29d61f9a8a8d7dc6710f8f2

Credits

• Experiment, Yuma, and Ppal...been fun working as a team. This is just the beginning of a great collaboration...i can has team?
    • Dman - for helping the entire Infuse community. Your pioneering spirit and giving attitude has helped make the Infuse commuinity what it is today.
    • Entropy - kernel
    • dsexton702 - Adrenaline tweaks
    • Dagr8, Sbrissen,Whitehawkx for lockscreen pioneering...and GoldieKing for all his help
    • ftgg99 - Screenshot ER
    • Trevino07 - modified Palringo
    • The Collective - thanks for being family. Not only is it a privilege to work with you...but it's great being part of a close knit phone family.
    • The dev community here on XDA...on the shoulders of giants
    • Anyone else I have forgotten...let me know if I have missed you.
    Changelog

• fixed reboot issue when recieving text message while using glass lock screen
    • Updated to Entropy's latest kernel - working HDMI out
    • lockscreen options now located in Settings/Display - removed EDT
    • changed some theme images (dropdown, rotary lock, and more...)

Nun's Themes
    Communion
    communionshowcase.png

red c20000

SuperNova
    supernovashowcase.png

cyan 00cfbe purple 5011b7

All themes can be found in the Emancipation OTA​

.............................​

FAQ

Q. I try to download from the ota and I always get "download unsucessful. How do I fix this?
    A. Many have stated that trying a browser other than stock will help...Opera, Dolphin, etc should work. If you prefer to use stock...try this: Download Astro File Explorer, open preferences, and scroll to the bottom and select "enable browser downloads"...then download like a good boy should!
    Freedom is here!
    :D

EVERGREENshowcase2.png

My EVERGREEN theme is in the OTA located in Settings.

Available in the OTA!
    tumblr_m2lwcrRZkJ1r8jvdbo1_500.jpg
    Cyan hex# 00FFFF
    Orange hex# FF5E00

EXPERIMENT
    Excuse me Mr. Moderator...

Not sure what you felt needed cleaning up, but was wondering if you would let our thread roll with whatever happens. Obviously, we appreciate you doing your part to keep our thread safe and on target, but sometimes its nice to just be human. Let us wander from development if the natural current leads us. Knowing that it will always come back. I have always enjoyed that our threads...at least ones that I have been involved in... have allowed for us to be human, change the subject, take a detour, but yet come right back to the subject at hand. Work is not always about work. Let us fraternize, in between all the official development stuff. Perty please ;)

If there us an issue in my thread, believe you me, I will notify a moderator.. .but until then, can our thread just "be"?
    4/13/12. Deep Blue theme is now available in the OTA. You will find a matching swype keyboard in the OTA as well.

If you want to change your battery bar to match, try hex code of 004499. Enjoy.

cXfK9bj1

Thank you to all the members of The Collective who have been so willing to help me in this endeavor.
    Over 1000....now...:p:D:p

But the wifes like to see $$$ instead of Thx....;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

So very true my friend.

edit: Lame, stupid Tapatalk tricked me, it said I had 1055 thanks, got on my PC and it says 992 :(
    oh well close tho, who's gonna be my 1000th??

X,
    on EVERGREEN EMANCIPATION.