[Q] Rooting Issues

Search This thread
Apr 27, 2014
I have a Verizon SCH-I535.10, Android 4.3, ML1 phone that I attempted to root with Saferoot. My root checker said everything worked properly, but I cannot access my root/data folder or fully delete bloatware that came with my phone (with multiple applications, like ES File Explorer or File Expert). I used saferoot, because according to multiple posts, this build of phone and 4.3 make it hard to root. Can anyone explain to me what's going on/what I can do? Thanks.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I have a Verizon SCH-I535.10, Android 4.3, ML1 phone that I attempted to root with Saferoot. My root checker said everything worked properly, but I cannot access my root/data folder or fully delete bloatware that came with my phone (with multiple applications, like ES File Explorer or File Expert). I used saferoot, because according to multiple posts, this build of phone and 4.3 make it hard to root. Can anyone explain to me what's going on/what I can do? Thanks.

Try this forum. It's for the ML1 update

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

kidhudi

Feb 1, 2011
Jackson
Oh. I guess I'll have to do more search on how to root this phone then. Thanks.

do you see the super user apk?
did a pop up show promting for root on any programs ( titanium, goo manager, rom manager...)?
did you update the super user binarys ( i think that is what it is called update to the latest su)
try another su app from the market?

good luck