At&t note 3 on cricket wireless / aio

Search This thread

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
I'm planning on buying a note 3 at&t branded because I'd be using it on at&ts network but through cricket wireless. Does anyone have any exp in doing this? Does everything work? And LTE?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I think you'll be one of the first to test this. Cricket use to be cdma style communication whereas at&t is gsm. I believe at&t just merged aio wireless and cricket thus changing cricket from cdma to gsm. If this is true you won't have any problems whatsoever. Just pop in the SIM and it will probably update the apn settings automatically. You can find the apn settings on crickets website and enter them yourself if it doesn't.

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Just to clarify I am already using aio/cricket for months on this device. All will work fine if you have been reading up on aio and cricket merger you would know att is killing off crickets cdma line and will be using GSM, op just make sure you let SM-N900A is UNLOCKED and that you get a sim card and you should be fine. As per 4g/4g lte you may as well go elsewhere you will get 4g/4g lte where available but remember AIO/CRICKET is throttled data, so no matter what you will be limited to a lower speed. If you need any help let me know I've been on aio for months (pre merger to the point I have an aio sim but cricket in the top left).

arlenesboyfriend

Feb 18, 2011
I'm from the Pittsburgh area but now I'm in savanna Georgia and I've had lte almost the whole way..... I'm on cricket wireless also and I've had no problems with them.... I get lte almost everywhere I go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-07-53-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-07-53-31.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)

Not to he offensive but tmobile sucks. Tmobile only has coverage (4g/4g lte) in major cities, aio/cricket runs off of AT&T network so you already get better coverage. Speeds may be throttled but I can do everything off it on these speeds, youtube, milk music, pandora no problems. When I had tmobile I was constantly on "edge"/2g, but on aio/cricket 75% of the time I'm on 4g lte and the rest I'm on 4g. OP unless you plan on never leaving a major city, just get aio/cricket.

Reactions: pre4speed

voigts

Aug 22, 2011
Chattanooga
I was on AIO for about a month, and now am on the merged Cricket with an Unlocked Note 3 (for another month). The 4g LTE data speed is capped at 8mbps. I have no problem streaming whatever I want. I had Verizon and most of the time I only got around that speed anyway. I looked at about every MNVO and provider for a cheaper way to do smartphones, and for 3 smartphones, I am at only $115 a month total with 2.5gb per line. I put out about $700 on a Note 3 and 2 S4 phones, and am saving about $115 a month on what it would cost me with AT&T or Verizon. The coverage for AT&T in my area is excellent. I have also found that the online chat is very quick and helpful with any questions. So far I am very pleased.

AT&T basically threw out Cricket and merely put the brand onto their existing AIO wireless. Given that there are so many more Cricket stores, it makes sense.

Reactions: pre4speed

vicdamon1001

Nov 12, 2014
I am looking to purchase a note 4 either with T-Mobile, Verizon, or Att Wireless and use it on Cricket Wireless since you guys have done this with the Note 3. Will I be able to pop the Cricket sim card in and let it update by air or will I have to unlock all of these phones for this to work.. Also any suggestions for mms .. 4g LTE..etc will be appreciated..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Free mobile app

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Not to he offensive but tmobile sucks. Tmobile only has coverage (4g/4g lte) in major cities, aio/cricket runs off of AT&T network so you already get better coverage. Speeds may be throttled but I can do everything off it on these speeds, youtube, milk music, pandora no problems. When I had tmobile I was constantly on "edge"/2g, but on aio/cricket 75% of the time I'm on 4g lte and the rest I'm on 4g. OP unless you plan on never leaving a major city, just get aio/cricket.

They have nicer phones

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I am looking to purchase a note 4 either with T-Mobile, Verizon, or Att Wireless and use it on Cricket Wireless since you guys have done this with the Note 3. Will I be able to pop the Cricket sim card in and let it update by air or will I have to unlock all of these phones for this to work.. Also any suggestions for mms .. 4g LTE..etc will be appreciated..

If you get the N4 AT&T branded phone and plan to use cricket, you just put in SIM. Within minutes, you will get the configuration message, install and you're ready to go. No unlocking needed. With the Verizon and T-Mobile phones, you'll have to unlock. However, with any phone, unless you are on that branded phones service, you will not get OTA to new OS versions. This is not that big of a deal since you are already on xda, you can just go to your forum and more than likely find a flashable. [emoji3]

Cevaes_64

Apr 13, 2008
TAMPA
Im also doing the same now, just got a ATT note 3 to use it on cricket.. i have a note 3 on sprint but i just switched jobs and dont have reception at all, im trying it and if it works i might go to ATT later on, or who knows i might stay at cricket.. is way cheaper and 8mps is good for what i use it.. 55 per month with 10 GB thats a hell of a deal, I use about 8 to 10 on sprint right now

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Just to clarify I am already using aio/cricket for months on this device. All will work fine if you have been reading up on aio and cricket merger you would know att is killing off crickets cdma line and will be using GSM, op just make sure you let SM-N900A is UNLOCKED and that you get a sim card and you should be fine. As per 4g/4g lte you may as well go elsewhere you will get 4g/4g lte where available but remember AIO/CRICKET is throttled data, so no matter what you will be limited to a lower speed. If you need any help let me know I've been on aio for months (pre merger to the point I have an aio sim but cricket in the top left).

How does one unlock their phone?

JoggerFogger

Jun 28, 2013
Portland, OR

I'm not too much of a phone geek, but I just started using my ATT Note 3 on Cricket. My APN settings didn't automatically set with the Cricket SIM, but that was an easy change.
I'd suggest the ATT N4 just because ATT bought Cricket, and they're using the same towers now. All things the same, I think it would be the path of least resistance.

BTW, I was paying $120/mo. for Unlimited everything with a 20% corporate discount with ATT. I was only using an average of 1.8GB per month. That also included a partially subsidized phone every 2 years with a new contract.
Now my bill is $35/mo but I'll have to buy my next phone. I'm only on day 2 of the change, but it's a big deal for me after 14yrs with the same company.

-Kevin

PerfectlyFlawed

Jan 11, 2011
Ohio
I am currently using a AT&T branded Note 3 on Cricket, switched from Tmobile months ago. No need to unlock a AT&T branded phone or at least I didn't have to with my 3.
You can just put a SIM in and change the APN settings to Cricket's which are available on their website.
I've never had issues with dropped calls or losing data with Cricket. I'm paying 150 a month for 3 lines unlimited calls, texts and 10g data on each line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was on AIO for about a month, and now am on the merged Cricket with an Unlocked Note 3 (for another month). The 4g LTE data speed is capped at 8mbps. I have no problem streaming whatever I want. I had Verizon and most of the time I only got around that speed anyway. I looked at about every MNVO and provider for a cheaper way to do smartphones, and for 3 smartphones, I am at only $115 a month total with 2.5gb per line. I put out about $700 on a Note 3 and 2 S4 phones, and am saving about $115 a month on what it would cost me with AT&T or Verizon. The coverage for AT&T in my area is excellent. I have also found that the online chat is very quick and helpful with any questions. So far I am very pleased.

AT&T basically threw out Cricket and merely put the brand onto their existing AIO wireless. Given that there are so many more Cricket stores, it makes sense.