[ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
CM10.1 / Jellybean 4.2.2 for the Bionic

*** IF YOU HAVE A GALLERY FC ISSUE, PLEASE TRY MOVING THE CONTENTS OF "DCIM" FROM BOTH SDCARD AREAS OFF OF THE DEVICE ***

OFFICIAL NIGHTLY/STABLE BUILDS:
http://www.get.cm/?device=targa

GAPPS:
http://goo.im/gapps (Use CM10.1 - 4.2.2 version at the top - 20130301)

CHANGES:
  • [05/06]Speaker phone fix
  • [05/06]GPS cleanup
  • [03/22]Camera Improvements: Flash working
  • [03/15]Camera Code Rebase / Bugfixes
  • [03/06]BT/Speakerphone Fix (Thanks DHacker)
  • [02/17]CM-10.1 updated to 4.2.2
  • [02/17]Fixed ROM-SLOT booting for any slot (again)
  • [02/17]Fixed 2nd-cpu core (now working again)

WHAT'S WORKING:
  • [03/22]Camera
  • [03/06]BT
  • [01/18]MMS
  • [01/18]Incoming phone call bug fixed
  • Phone / 4G Data
  • Wifi
  • Display rotation has been fixed
  • Camera should work for images/video * using 3rd party app *
  • GPS

WHAT'S NOT WORKING (NOTE: I expect to be able to fix all of these issues, it's just taking some time):
  • Gallery / Media FC see top of the post for FIX.
  • HDMI
  • Dock/Dock Settings
  • Some random reboots being looked at.

HOW DO I INSTALL?
  1. Requires Safestrap 3.05+
  2. Download the .zip and place it on your SD card
  3. Reboot into recovery, install the .zip file and GAPPS from here: http://goo.im/gapps (use CM10.1 version at the top)
  4. I've always tested with a full wipe and TitaniumBackup restore of apps/data.
  5. Enjoy

Last edited:

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
Very happy to see this. Thanks for all your hard work! I hope this one reaches a level of stability the previous CM versions didn't, so that I can use it as a daily driver.

DanRyan85

Feb 10, 2012
Sweet! Thank you hashcode once again! Looking forward to trying this and i am happy that screen rotation bug is cleared up, awesome. Also, i will be awaiting updated builds with great anticipation.

Reactions: Furioustylez

jetknife

Jul 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Damn you, hashcode! This ROM is so incredible I don't know if I'll be able to stand going back to ICS.

The improvements are stunning, I am very impressed to see the screen rotation/screenshot bug fixed. Smooth as butter, but I wont be able to use it as a daily driver until the camera is fixed (at least in 3rd party apps).

Thank you for all your hard work!

Sent from my XT875 using xda premium

Reactions: Furioustylez

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Awesome work! Just flashed the 12/17 update. 3rd party camera is working! :D
Getting some occasional screen tearing while scrolling, other than that everything else so far seems to be smoother and faster than CM10
Gonna take me a while to get use to the new toggles :p
Loving the updated recent apps screen and animations.
Hmm, while typing this, I'm getting some weird flickering and white vertical lines on my keyboard.

Sent from my Bionic running CM10.1

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
Awesome work! Just flashed the 12/17 update. 3rd party camera is working! :D
Getting some occasional screen tearing while scrolling, other than that everything else so far seems to be smoother and faster than CM10
Gonna take me a while to get use to the new toggles :p
Loving the updated recent apps screen and animations.
Hmm, while typing this, I'm getting some weird flickering and white vertical lines on my keyboard.

Sent from my Bionic running CM10.1

What is a good 3rd party camera with video recording?

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
I've been using Camera ZOOM FX, don't know of any decent alternatives that are free :(

Something else I've noticed with 10.1, seems the more I use it the more it lags ... starting to notice a delay when launching apps

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I see a bit of lag. Camera works for me on 3rd party. Yay.

Biggest issue though is phone crashes when making and receiving calls. If that was fixed could use as daily driver

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Does your phone process crash?

Mine did once, had to pull the battery . Wouldn't stop ringing. I had just installed small call and thought it was that, disabled it and was able to make and receive a call just fine.
I'm back on CM10 now, so I don't know if it is still an issue ... can't take the chance of missing a call right now :p

Sent from my Bionic running CM10

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
Mine did once, had to pull the battery . Wouldn't stop ringing. I had just installed small call and thought it was that, disabled it and was able to make and receive a call just fine.
I'm back on CM10 now, so I don't know if it is still an issue ... can't take the chance of missing a call right now :p

Sent from my Bionic running CM10

hmm...I'll try it again and see how it goes.

Edit: I can make calls fine, but after the call ends, the phone process crashes. When I get a call, the phone wouldn't stop ringing until I rebooted my phone. Nothing could fix it in my case :(

Back in eclipse ICS for now.

Last edited:

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
I've installed it twice and it ran fine both times. That is until I rebooted. At that point it continually says com.android.phone has stopped repeatedly. Can't do anything but pull battery and switch to a different ROM.

PerfectlyFlawed

Jan 11, 2011
Ohio
Same issues with receiving calls.
Funny when it went ape sht on me in Kohls, my case was a PITA to pull off to remove the battery. Oh the disapproving eyes of the old ladies,when SYL "You suck" kept going and going. Lmao :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

paradoxed

Dec 23, 2012
confirmed that phone locks for incoming calls - other than that everything seems great! camerazoom worked for both pictures and video on latest build!! Didn't run rom long enough to test stability, battery life, and other things but all seems good. hopefully the phone issue will be fixed soon and this rom will ROCK!!

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
OP Updated with new build.

CHANGES:
[01/16]Bluetooth device starts/stops correctly (audio issues still)

Keep phone on vibrate to avoid the incoming call bug (for now)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 / Jellybean 4.2.2 for the Bionic

*** IF YOU HAVE A GALLERY FC ISSUE, PLEASE TRY MOVING THE CONTENTS OF "DCIM" FROM BOTH SDCARD AREAS OFF OF THE DEVICE ***

OFFICIAL NIGHTLY/STABLE BUILDS:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=targa

GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps (Use CM10.1 - 4.2.2 version at the top - 20130301)

CHANGES:
    • [05/06]Speaker phone fix
    • [05/06]GPS cleanup
    • [03/22]Camera Improvements: Flash working
    • [03/15]Camera Code Rebase / Bugfixes
    • [03/06]BT/Speakerphone Fix (Thanks DHacker)
    • [02/17]CM-10.1 updated to 4.2.2
    • [02/17]Fixed ROM-SLOT booting for any slot (again)
    • [02/17]Fixed 2nd-cpu core (now working again)

WHAT'S WORKING:
    • [03/22]Camera
    • [03/06]BT
    • [01/18]MMS
    • [01/18]Incoming phone call bug fixed
    • Phone / 4G Data
    • Wifi
    • Display rotation has been fixed
    • Camera should work for images/video * using 3rd party app *
    • GPS

WHAT'S NOT WORKING (NOTE: I expect to be able to fix all of these issues, it's just taking some time):
    • Gallery / Media FC see top of the post for FIX.
    • HDMI
    • Dock/Dock Settings
    • Some random reboots being looked at.

HOW DO I INSTALL?
    1. Requires Safestrap 3.05+
    2. Download the .zip and place it on your SD card
    3. Reboot into recovery, install the .zip file and GAPPS from here: http://goo.im/gapps (use CM10.1 version at the top)
    4. I've always tested with a full wipe and TitaniumBackup restore of apps/data.
    5. Enjoy
    For those of you on older CM builds, be sure to pick up the latest "stable" tagged cm-10.1.2 build on get.cm:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=targa&type=stable

This includes all of the latest APK/security exploit patches. We want to be rooted and have fun on our devices, but best to do it in the safest possible manner.
    We are looking at the 3g issues. Sorry for the delay, both me and DHacker are swamped atm.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    We're still troubleshooting wifi issues for those that do a clean install of cm10.1-release.

Should you have any problems, use the terminal app and enter:
    su
    wifical.sh

then close it. And possibly reboot.

Those are Snapdragon S4 devices, totally different from OMAP4 which is what the Bionic and OG Razr have.

But it does look like dhacker29 is working on CM11 for us. There is a pic of 4.4 running on the OG Razr he posted:
    https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/403295258034720768/photo/1

There are also commits in a cm11 branch for targa made by dhacker29 today:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_device_motorola_targa/commits/cm-11.0