Screen coming on during wireless charging

Search This thread

mgftp

Jul 9, 2011
Hey guys, I recently have started using wireless charging and love it except for one thing, at night the screen of my phone will suddenly turn on and wake me up. I couldn't say for sure because I am always half asleep but I think it's happening when the phone hits 100% charge, perhaps this happens when it's plugged in as well but have always had my phone face down when plugged so I wouldn't know.

Either way, there has to be a way to prevent this? Wireless charging calls for the phone to be face up, surely most people charge when they sleep - having the screen come on is crazy.

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
I hear you brother. This gets right on my tatties too.

I have heard the only way round it is to root and use xposed but it seems extreme as I want to protect my warranty and can't be arsed with the prospect of debating it with Samsung if I do root.

mgftp

Jul 9, 2011
I hear you brother. This gets right on my tatties too.

I have heard the only way round it is to root and use xposed but it seems extreme as I want to protect my warranty and can't be arsed with the prospect of debating it with Samsung if I do root.

Wow, I figured I was overlooking something.

To me this is a huge oversight. Nobody from Samsung realizes this is an issue? :mad:

master123467

Aug 11, 2010
Its not an oversight. The screen comes on at 100% as an alert that your phone has hit 100%, over charging a battery is bad for battery life

Most people wouldn't wake up to just the light of the screen coming on. I sure don't, and I'm a light sleeper.

Regardless, i believe there's an xposed module that will let you disable this.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587431

mgftp

Jul 9, 2011
Most people wouldn't wake up to just the light of the screen coming on. I sure don't, and I'm a light sleeper.

Regardless, i believe there's an xposed module that will let you disable this.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587431

I am not looking to root the phone and it wakes me up every night without fail.

I just went back to the old wired charger :( Again, shocked Samsung hasn't addressed this fault in an update at least.