[Android 4.0+, ROOT] Quick Reply for Pushbullet - Reply to Whatsapp from PC

Search This thread

Hrithan2020

Sep 8, 2010
Hi,
I use pushbullet and the extension quick reply for pushbullet every day with my PC and it's the third time that I'm having a problem.
Pushbullet continues to push the same notification and if I reboot the phone, in WhatsApp Messenger I can see that the messages that I received and sent after the message that was continuing notified, are deleted

I have the same problem, it's so annoying. This happens after you use quick reply for replying to a whatsapp message. And after that, the same message keeps coming.

And then after 30 mins or so, my entire whatsapp mesaages are getting mixed up. So annoying.

Really frustrating. I googled and found this link. Please let me know if you need any other information to fix this issue.
I'm using LG G2. (D-802 model)

Reactions: GeniusJack

GeniusJack

Feb 6, 2013
My Room
I have the same problem, it's so annoying. This happens after you use quick reply for replying to a whatsapp message. And after that, the same message keeps coming.

And then after 30 mins or so, my entire whatsapp mesaages are getting mixed up. So annoying.

Really frustrating. I googled and found this link. Please let me know if you need any other information to fix this issue.

Hi, I sent an email to quick reply for pushbullet support and they answer me this:
Hey!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. It seems your Whatsapp is having issues. The Whatsapp message store is malformed, hence all the mess up. As of the rapid fix, Start fresh, I know you'll lose your messages, but start fresh once by deleting the Whatsapp Database from /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db and I am pretty sure Quick Reply won't mess up again.

Let me know if you need more help!
Cheers!

Kunal Khona
IngeniousApps

Reactions: Hrithan2020

Cliff666

Sep 20, 2010
I deleted the /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db file. It didn't help, I still got the same error like GeniusJack.

k_flynn

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, first of all thanks fot the great app! Second, I have a request for a future update if it's possible: can you add the support for whatsapp emoji/emoticons? Is it possible to do? Thanks again, keep up with the good work man!

Edit: Oh LOL, just saw in the 1st post this feature is under development! ;)

Last edited:

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Hi,
I use pushbullet and the extension quick reply for pushbullet every day with my PC and it's the third time that I'm having a problem.
Pushbullet continues to push the same notification and if I reboot the phone, in WhatsApp Messenger I can see that the messages that I received and sent after the message that was continuing notified, are deleted
Why this?
Is a Pushbullet problem?
Is a QuickReply For Pushbullet problem?
Is a WhatsApp problem?

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Gabriele

I am sorry for late repl Is your problem solved?

In my case, WhatsApp is working fine, but I can't seem to reply to SMS messages - the window pops up and I can type and click send just fine, but the message never shows up in the SMS app. Using the stock SMS app on Galaxy Nexus rooted stock (Jellybean, IIRC - the last official version).

-edit- OK, the reply actually does go through - it just never shows up in the SMS app. Hmmm...
That's weird, It shows up in Stock SMS app and Hangouts SMS. Which SMS application are you using?

It's not compatible with OGWhatsapp.
Is it possible to use it with it?
I saw that with whatsapp+ it is...
Thanks for your reply
I do not know what is OGWhatsapp. It might work if it uses the same Whatsapp DB structure and files. I cannot guarantee anything. If any one has tried, please comment.

Hello, since yesterday i use this app and it works fine. But Today the App has killed my Chats.
I have Reply a WhatsApp Message and then i have see in WhatsApp that all my Chats where deleted.

Why???

Hi, thanks for the amazing app. But in the last 3 days my messages got deleted 4 times. I keep getting the same message from 1 person but that person does not send the exact same message over and over again(obviously). And after an hour it deletes all the messages since last backup. And sometimes my whatsapp just stops working (restart fixes it).

same with me, I had to disable it for now because I am getting confused as hell in my convos when they keep gettting erased

The reply to GeniusJack fixes the issue to most of the users. I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.

I deleted the file. It didn't help, I still got the same error like GeniusJack.
Did you restore it back from backup? or you started fresh? I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.

hmm, i didn´t find the Folder com.whatsapp on my Galaxy Nexus.....

The folder is at: /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db

Hi, first of all thanks fot the great app! Second, I have a request for a future update if it's possible: can you add the support for whatsapp emoji/emoticons? Is it possible to do? Thanks again, keep up with the good work man!

Edit: Oh LOL, just saw in the 1st post this feature is under development! ;)

I have requested Pushbullet guys, awaiting this feature support from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hrithan2020

Cliff666

Sep 20, 2010
Did you restore it back from backup? or you started fresh? I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.

I dir restore my messages from a backup.
Maybe I'll try to start fresh, after a titanium backup. But I don't want to lose all my messages.

panecondoin

Another buyer reporting in here. I use Windows desktop client for pushbullet

First things first, I really like your app and don't regret paying for it. I think it's a shame that we lack a elaborate sync of wa and pc given the vast number of users, so your efforts are even more valuable.

Unfortunately, I ran into a couple of things that made me uninstall the app for now:

- multiple messages will result in the repetition of the first message

-major unbearable lag when waking up the phone and while using wa altogether. This may be due to my device being somewhat old and maybe underpowered for the app.

-no Emojisupport and hotkey for sending

-sometimes a reply will not go through and registers as a new message that will trigger its own notification.

I guess all of the bugs above have been mentioned before and therefore I will watch this threat and hope for the best in future versions.

Keep up the good work :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: khonarr65

Froony

Jul 11, 2012
Deventer
Hey,

I still highly appreciate your work and really like your app, but it's indeed quite unusable right now. As mentioned above, the notifications I get when receiving multiple messages are often not right. It will display only one of those messages, but multiple times.
Also, when I answer using this app, 9 out of 10 times the WhatsApp history isn't exactly like it should be. I already reinstalled the app and walked through the set-up, but that didn't help. Today WhatsApp even told me the message history was corrupt and all the messages were wiped. I could only restore messages from the last back-up. I do believe developing this app must be hard, but this way, unfortunately, the app is of no use for me and a waste of money.

Now I fully wiped the data of WhatsApp and didn't restore any messages. I will see how it goes.
EDIT: Still having problems. Old notifications showing up when receiving a new message, replies won't get send..
EDIT2: Seems to be working fine for now.

Thanks again,
Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: khonarr65

bepperk

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone,
how quickreply from tablet works? I have mobile and tablet. should i install quickreply to also onto the tablet?

mysticauls

Aug 28, 2014
wim from brazil. sry for my bad english

so i have the same problem, but im using whatsapp+, whenever i receive a new message from my cel phone, i receive repetitive messages

im using pushbullet windows client! any solution???

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Those who are facing repeated message problem, Rebooting fixes it.. (atleast temporarily)
And could you guys share some more insight as in when the repeated message marathon starts?
This would greatly help fixing the issue!
According to me, the repeated message thing starts Randomly while a Reply message is not properly pushed on?
Is that the case for any one? More detail feedback will be appreciate!

Last edited:

jdeiro

Oct 3, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
I tried to purchase the app, but the Play Store charged me US$ 120,00, so I asked for a refund.

Can you please verify if everything is alright so I can buy it?

Thanks!

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
I tried to purchase the app, but the Play Store charged me US$ 120,00, so I asked for a refund.

Can you please verify if everything is alright so I can buy it?

Thanks!

Hey!

Google Play must have charged Rs. 120 ( Original Indian Price = 1.99$) by mistake, it will never charge 120$ :laugh:
Plus I rechecked, all settings seem fine! Nor have I received any 120$ Payment ( even no such cancelled order)
Let me know if you need any more help!

Gertlily

Nov 18, 2012
Harlingen
Hi Mate,

Today WhatsApp released (official) version with Android Wear support and reply with your voice. Maybe you can hook into this? To reply and write it into the database. Then there should be no loss of history. Because you use the method created by WhatsApp.

Let me hear what you think of it. And if you need some help in find how it works. I am happy to help if I can!

Thanks!

wtber

Mar 6, 2013
Those who are facing repeated message problem, Rebooting fixes it.. (atleast temporarily)
And could you guys share some more insight as in when the repeated message marathon starts?
This would greatly help fixing the issue!
According to me, the repeated message thing starts Randomly while a Reply message is not properly pushed on?
Is that the case for any one? More detail feedback will be appreciate!

I also have the repeated messages happening very randomly. I will check if I find any trend.

Rajnus

Sep 6, 2008
I had app running without any problem on Nexus4. Now I have Oneplus and CM and when I install app no service is installed.

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Hi Mate,

Today WhatsApp released (official) version with Android Wear support and reply with your voice. Maybe you can hook into this? To reply and write it into the database. Then there should be no loss of history. Because you use the method created by WhatsApp.

Let me hear what you think of it. And if you need some help in find how it works. I am happy to help if I can!

Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for your input. I am aware of Whatsapp releasing reply for Android Wear. But the difference between my implementation and theirs is :
-- They own Whatsapp, therefore they can add such features without messing up stuff.
-- Where as I have no control on Whatsapp and its code, so I need to use Root Access and work with their message database at a low level.

But do not worry, I'll be pushing an update probably today fixing repeated messages issues.

I also have the repeated messages happening very randomly. I will check if I find any trend.
I'll be pushing an update probably today fixing repeated messages issues.

I had app running without any problem on Nexus4. Now I have Oneplus and CM and when I install app no service is installed.

That's weird! Accessibility code ( and even permission ) is built in the application, not sure how is OnePlus is handling it!

Just to confirm, is CM in OnePlus completely different then normal CM's / Android Roms?

Any one else who can confirm similar issue would help!
works with OGWhatsapp ??

No Quick Reply only supports Whatsapp and Whatsapp+. It'll will require some work since OGWhatsapp has a bit different database structure.

I'll work on the variants only after Original Whatsapp reply is bug free and other new features are implemented. :)
Sorry for that!

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Updated version pushed on Play Store, will be available in few hours!

Changelog:
-- Potential Bug fix for repeated message syndrome
-- Potential Bug fix for message delete syndrome

Known Issues:
-- Whatsapp stays open after any message is sent via Quick Reply

Tip:
Reboot your phone once after updating Quick Reply!

Note:
I haven't been able to test much, please try it out and let me know if the issue still persists!

Cheers! :)

Reactions: AllEyezOnMe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *****Your phone must be rooted with latest version of BusyBox installed*****
    ***** Pushbullet required*****

Note:
    (If you had already purchased Quick Reply, (before its Google Play removal)
    -- Purchase it again
    -- Send me order details of old and new purchase
    -- I'll refund old purchase)

Hi, I am Kunal Khona, from IngeniousApps and we have a new app for all Pushbullet lovers...
    Why just get notified for a Whatsapp message when you can reply them instantly!

Quick Reply is a Pushbullet extension that allows to quickly reply to a Whatsapp from your computer by just clicking on the notification on your PC. This’ll open a little window for your reply, it’s that easy!

Download: Quick Reply for Pushbullet from Playstore

Chris Nacca's Review!!
    [/B]

Here's Ryan from Pushbullet with Quick Reply!
    Read more about Quick Reply on Pushbullet Blog :It's Here: Reply To WhatsApp Messages From Your PC!

pmv2.png
    prv2.png

Features:

-- A complete Phone Free experience, no more touching your phone every time you get a Whatsapp message.
    -- Reply to Whatsapp messages quickly with your PC / Laptop keyboard convenience
    -- It supports Pushbullet - Chrome plugin, Firefox plugin and Windows application.
    -- High Whatsapp integration with Group and Private conversation replies, Profile Picture support, etc.
    -- Easy to configure with beautiful setup on startup.
    -- Notification API for Android 4.3+, Accessibility Service for lower versions.

Version: V1 (reupload)
    --Android Notification API for 4.3+
    -- A complete new code for Accessibility Service
    -- Dismiss on device functionality
    -- No more repeated messages
    -- Message stack into one pop up for same sender
    -- A few past messages are shown if the messages appear back to back
    -- No more LG G2 bug

Download: Quick Reply for Pushbullet from Playstore
    Managed to get this before it was pulled. I have no issues with using Whatsapp. I can quick reply and it doesn't mess anything up. Works exactly as it should! :good:

Thank you for your feedback. But wait, there's a new Quick Reply with Notification API almost ready, I just have to sort out a few things. Will probably launch that in next week.

Hi Rashmi, I purchased your app 28/08/2014, I began to have problems with it because it accidentaly deleted some of my messages and keep acting weird with the pushbullet notifications mirroring (repeating the same message again and again), so I deleted it because it was frustrating try to keep a conversation in that fashion. So yesterday I decided to give it a chance and begin the config from scratch, but the app dissapeared of the playstore. I know (as I read in this forum) that you had a problem with the googleplay policy and they erased the app, so ¿is there a way that I can download the app again? Thanks.

PD: Congrats for your app I like the way it was going and if you want help traslating it in spanish I could help.

Hi

Sorry to hear about the Google Play store hickup.:( I hope you will continue to develop this terrific app :good:

Would it be possible to buy the latest .apk from you and have it sent via email? I have PayPal. :fingers-crossed:

Keep up the great work! :good:

Regards, Tom S

Hey! A new Quick Reply with Notification API almost ready, I just have to sort out a few things. Will probably launch that in next week. Please be patient till then :)
    Sorry guys, I have been away due to my exams. I have started working now on Android Lollipop Support. Please give me a few days since Lollipop has a huge core notification level changes.
    Thank you for all your constant support
    awesome app, had to make a review! just had to!
    Thanks a lot! So i wait patiently for the update with WA+ support! :D

Sure mate! :eek:

awesome app, had to make a review! just had to!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
    That is an hell of a review! Never thought my app would get so much liking. Thank you so much!! :victory:
    (You should have waited and reviewed v2, its much more cleaner and has profile pictures and other stuff!)

What's new in v2.1? Play Store still has v1.2.3
    It has been almost 5-6 hours since i have pushed the version update...
    V2.0 Change log:
    -- Ok Google Hotword disable fix
    -- Whatsapp contact images now shown
    -- Other minor bug fixes

v2.1 Change log
    -- Added new SMS icon by @bpdev
    -- Whatsapp doesn't open automatically when you reply from PC