[Q] Dropped Evo... SD Card not found

Search This thread

LP_sk8er

Jun 15, 2010
Hey Guys,

I dropped my Evo today pretty hard and i'm pretty sure something inside related to the sd card reader broke. I hear something rattling and it will not recognize my sd card. I restarted plenty of times, took out sd card and put back in and doesn't make a difference.

I plan on making sure its the phone later with another sd card I have at home to make sure its the phone vs the sd card.

Assuming it's the phone that's screwed, I'm thinking without access to an sd card, I can't really unroot before taking it into sprint to get it checked out.

I have insurance, would it be best to just claim it lost? Do you think sprint will give me crap about it being rooted if I take it in?

I really appreciate any feedback.

evolishesh

Oct 10, 2010
I would! But if you have ADB install on your computer, you can try to unroot it that way, if not I would claim it lost.

Reactions: LP_sk8er

Jimdog420

Oct 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
9 times out of 10 they won't give a fu€¥. If it's got pieces lose and it won't operate there not going to fix it before they replace it.

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......

Reactions: LP_sk8er

LP_sk8er

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks guys. I got home and swapped another sd card and it reads that card fine... I guess i just killed my 16gb card I just recently got for xmas! ><

The weird thing is there is definitely something loose rattling inside now.. I'm still tempted to just claim it lost and get a brand new one since this thing is a little beat up

Last edited:

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
Thanks guys. I got home and swapped another sd card and it reads that card fine... I guess i just killed my 16gb card I just recently got for xmas! ><

The weird thing is there is definitely something loose rattling inside now.. I'm still tempted to just claim it lost and get a brand new one since this thing is a little beat up

It might just be corrupt. Try to mount it to your PC. It should "repair" it and you can take some files off.

As for something rattling around, if you have Total Equipment Protection, bring it to a Sprint store. They will fix it for you for free, even if its your fault. If you claim it stolen/lost, it will cost you $100. Unless you REALLY want a new one.

LP_sk8er

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, i tried inserting my 16gb sdcard into my pc and it doesn't even recognize it via the card reader. but if i put my 8gb into the same reader, it reads it fine... I'm guessing that means 16gb card = dead.

If I take it in for repair for that rattling, do you think they will notice/care that the phone is rooted though? That's why i'm weary of taking it in to get it "checked out" at a sprint store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would! But if you have ADB install on your computer, you can try to unroot it that way, if not I would claim it lost.
    9 times out of 10 they won't give a fu€¥. If it's got pieces lose and it won't operate there not going to fix it before they replace it.

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......