[Kernel] Astrum Andromedae (v1.0)

Search This thread

moikop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
This is a new Custom Kernel I started a few days ago. Using Samsung's source as base, I'll go adding features one by one. I'll try not to add a lot of things, but just enough to have a good battery life and performance.

Features:
  • Overclock up to 1083Mhz.
  • Kernel HZ: 750.
  • Voodoo sound driver v10.
  • 1% Battery Mod.
  • Lagfree governor.
  • 5 touchpoints.
  • Has Simple I/O Scheduler, optimized for flash devices and set as default.
  • Bootup progress bar enabled.
  • Compiled with arch-specific flags.
  • Root ADB.
  • Busybox.
  • Filesystems support (same as other kernels) and convertion.
  • G3Mod's ClockWorkMod Recovery & RZRecovery versions.
  • Toggleable Compcache.
  • Support for early init scripts (aka init.d).

Credits:
marcellusbe, for all he's done for G3.
Dharamg3, for teaching me almost all I know of Kernel developing, for creating G3Mod and all he's done.
Hillbeast, for working with me in G3Mod and teaching me some stuff from time to time.

Source code:
https://github.com/moikop/Astrum-Kernel

Last edited:

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
will it be able to run cm7? :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Maybe not in the first releases, since I want to get other things working first (like overclocking). But yes, it will.
Don't know about Hillbeast's Data2SD system yet, but either way it's not a priority (since you can use an init.d script to do the same thing).

TearsDontFalls

Sep 28, 2011
I think its not so good to spiit the g3mod team, that was probably hillbeasts fail:confused:. I think its better to merge astrum with kyorakernel or with other words to rewrite g3mod with hillbeast.

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
How about cwm5? (or some other recovery - there are many)

Yes, RZ Recovery is nice.

G3Mod Recovery is only temporarily (so I don't have to use Stock recovery :S). Maybe I'll port RZ. Which one would you guys prefer? CWM5 or RZ?

I think its not so good to spiit the g3mod team, that was probably hillbeasts fail:confused:. I think its better to merge astrum with kyorakernel or with other words to rewrite g3mod with hillbeast.

G3Mod is still on foot. Hillbeast and I will still bring support for it. Eventually there will be G3Mod updates (as long as the changes are significant). So users who still want to use G3Mod Kernel, they don't have to change. A little diversity won't hurt anyone, will it? ;)

Last edited:

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
Please add CWM, most of users learned to use this recovery so changing now could be a little confusing. And CWM is used in CM too... having a unique recovery is better than 2 or more different...

Mohanshbhr

Jan 8, 2011
Mau, Lucknow
Please add CWM, most of users learned to use this recovery so changing now could be a little confusing. And CWM is used in CM too... having a unique recovery is better than 2 or more different...

RZ recover is a very nice recovery, nice colour profile, nice menu options, take a look at RZ recovery its really very nice recovery. We already have cwm 5, may be hillbeast is going to port cwm5 in his kernel, so there is no benefit of having same recovery in both kernel, and about confusion in recovery, recovery is not quantum mechanics, spending some minutes on recovery made it easy. A have a personal request please port RZ recovery. I think RZ recovery is ported to galaxy w and some more galaxy devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a new Custom Kernel I started a few days ago. Using Samsung's source as base, I'll go adding features one by one. I'll try not to add a lot of things, but just enough to have a good battery life and performance.

Features:
    • Overclock up to 1083Mhz.
    • Kernel HZ: 750.
    • Voodoo sound driver v10.
    • 1% Battery Mod.
    • Lagfree governor.
    • 5 touchpoints.
    • Has Simple I/O Scheduler, optimized for flash devices and set as default.
    • Bootup progress bar enabled.
    • Compiled with arch-specific flags.
    • Root ADB.
    • Busybox.
    • Filesystems support (same as other kernels) and convertion.
    • G3Mod's ClockWorkMod Recovery & RZRecovery versions.
    • Toggleable Compcache.
    • Support for early init scripts (aka init.d).

Credits:
    marcellusbe, for all he's done for G3.
    Dharamg3, for teaching me almost all I know of Kernel developing, for creating G3Mod and all he's done.
    Hillbeast, for working with me in G3Mod and teaching me some stuff from time to time.

Source code:
    https://github.com/moikop/Astrum-Kernel
    Changelog

Andromedae (v1.0):
    • Hillbeast's Data2SD support added.
    • Added one more CPU step: 1083Mhz (Only recommended when high performance is needed).
    Alpha Centauri (A1):
    • "Pre-initial" release.
    Andromedae (v1.0) released

Downloads at Google Code, changelog in the second post.
    Happy flashing :D
    I've been pretty busy these days.. mostly because I'll be sitting for the FCE soon and I want to be as prepared as possible, so I'm studying English 24/7 :p. And there's school and lots of other stuff too.
    And the little amount of time I'm able to squeeze from myself, I've been spending it on a new version of the Musikr. But I've been thinking about this kernel as well. But as it turns out I'm using CM7 as daily rom, ergo, haven't used astrum in weeks. Therefor I've decided to completely re-create astrum around cm. You'll hear more when I get some time...