N4 LG charger and USB cable

Search This thread

dinosaur1

Dec 7, 2012
I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHEQ6FC/ref=aw_cr_item_title?qid=1360505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wetdirtmud

Feb 14, 2011
I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to get a couple extra USB wall chargers and micro USB cables to go with them. I'd like it to be as efficient and safe as possible for my Nexus 4 as well as friends that may need a charger. (N4 taking priority here)

Panzer500

Nov 2, 2010
Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: aterocana

theabsurdman

May 26, 2010
Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

The phone will only take the amps that it needs. I would get a 2A+ charger to be on the safe side.

Reactions: ajlunis
I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHEQ6FC/ref=aw_cr_item_title?qid=1360505932&sr=8-19

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f1...p880-original-line-charge-charger-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: FatalityBoyZahy

FatalityBoyZahy

Jan 11, 2010
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
www.YouTube.com

facetubespam

Feb 10, 2011
I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.

I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.

This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

facetubespam

Feb 10, 2011
This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

Hmm... for me, I changed the wires and it works. I think I would rather just save the $10 and put it towards the "wheneveritisreleased" Wireless Charging Orb.....or the TYLT VU when it comes out in April.

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
Hi guys, I have a few micro USB chargers lying around. Just wondering if using these would harm my N4:

12 V, 500mA
5 V, 2.1 A
5 V, 1.9 A
5 V, 1 A

The 12 V 500mA charger makes my phone's screen go haywire (applications opening and closing by themselves) but it does charge the phone.

Hmm... for me, I changed the wires and it works. I think I would rather just save the $10 and put it towards the "wheneveritisreleased" Wireless Charging Orb.....or the TYLT VU when it comes out in April.

at least you narrowed it down fast to the wire. in my case after swapping just the wires it was still the same. then when i used the original n4 charger on my gnex, my gnex suddenly had the ac/usb charging issue. my problem with not getting another charger was i sometimes charge both phones at the same time so i needed one more. good thing a couple of searches led me to the buychina site and now all works well.

RanceJustice

Feb 11, 2013
I am very interested in this topic as I believe I'm going to need a new USB > MicroUSB cable. My cat accidentally knocked off my N4 while it was charging using the original cable/charger. While it seems the charger itself is okay, the cable is what I am worried about. The end seems slightly bent and, while it will plug into the N4 (which will report charging) it doesn't go as "easily". From visual inspection I think the problem is with the cable's microUSB end; I really hope that the N4's socket itself is not bent/damaged in anyway, but I cannot see any visual signs thereof.

I was really hoping to pick up another OEM charging kit, but it appears that (assuming they are legit ) that one can only find them on Taobao/ChinaBuy as linked above? I was hoping Amazon would have them. With this in mind, will there be anything specific to look for finding another "USB to MicroUSB cable" from Amazon to use with the existing, undamaged OEM charger? Thanks.

RanceJustice

Feb 11, 2013
I'm no expert but I believe there shouldn't be any issue of you get a different cable. I've used an HTC, Samsung and Asus calls with the LG charger and there aren't any issues. If it's just the cable you need, go with Amazon. It'll be faster

Great, thanks. It seems logical that all "USB A > MicroUSB B" cables should be capable of the same thing, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something that would say, impair my ability to use this cable for not only charging with the OEM wall charger, but charging from my PC's USB ports, connecting to said PC via USB Debugging for rooting/flashing etc...

dinosaur1

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks! How did you find this site?

Oh just by looking at different cases and then someone from xda mentioned that site. Did some searching and I saw it had the chargers too. Couldn't find it on eBay or Amazon before. Haven't checked lately though

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus

Techguy18

Jan 5, 2013
Hi guys, I have a few micro USB chargers lying around. Just wondering if using these would harm my N4:

12 V, 500mA
5 V, 2.1 A
5 V, 1.9 A
5 V, 1 A

The 12 V 500mA charger makes my phone's screen go haywire (applications opening and closing by themselves) but it does charge the phone.

DUDE!!!! The 12V charger can KILL your phone.. The phone is designed for 5volts..

As long as the charger supplies 5 volts it is okay... even a 10 amp charger will work fine (if availiable :p).. The current is controlled by the device (nexus 4 in this case).. It will draw how much current it requires.. Voltage on the other hand is decided by the charger.... 12volts will fry the device...

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
DUDE!!!! The 12V charger can KILL your phone.. The phone is designed for 5volts..

As long as the charger supplies 5 volts it is okay... even a 10 amp charger will work fine (if availiable :p).. The current is controlled by the device (nexus 4 in this case).. It will draw how much current it requires.. Voltage on the other hand is decided by the charger.... 12volts will fry the device...

Oops, thanks for this heads up! I've used the 12V charger for weeks without any noticeable damage (though the screen goes haywire when it is plugged in). I'll switch to the original N4 charger now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

12 V, 500mA
    5 V, 2.1 A
    5 V, 1.9 A
    5 V, 1 A

The phone will only take the amps that it needs. I would get a 2A+ charger to be on the safe side.

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f1...p880-original-line-charge-charger-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Lucky

Oops, thanks for this heads up! I've used the 12V charger for weeks without any noticeable damage (though the screen goes haywire when it is plugged in). I'll switch to the original N4 charger now.

:eek: :eek: :eek: My heart nearly skipped a beat when I read your post about the 12V charger. Here I am taking good care of my Nexus 4 and you decide to stick a 12V charger in yours...wow.

You are one lucky person!! Your phone should've been fried by now, but I guess the low amperage or perhaps the charger is not outputting at full for some reason. Well now you know...stick to the 5V chargers or simpler yet...your computer's USB port.