[REF]/[PRJ] Updated: 7/24 Entering Service Menu / Hidden Setup Menus

Search This thread

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Team,

***First off I am not responsible for damaged that occurs to any phones. Make sure you know what you are doing before making changes!!!***

I was having an issue with the mic gain recording distorted live concert audio so I was wondering how to access extended features on the Galaxy S.

The following is the code to dial in to access the hidden Service Mode menus.

Example how to access menus:
Dial *#*#197328640#*#*

This allowed me to adjust the mic gain to get better audio recordings at loud live concerts.

There seems to be several hidden menus on the Galaxy S and I am wondering how many more there are. Which led me to post this thread.

If any of you can find more hidden menus post them and i'll add them to this OP.

So far I know about:

Hidden Menus:
Service Menu: *#*#197328640#*#*
GPS Hidden Menu: *#*#1472365#*#*
Battery and General Info: *#*#4636#*#*
GTalk Service Monitor: *#*#8255#*#*
LCD / Speaker Test: *#0*#
Factory Data Reset: *#*#7780#*#*
Camera Information: *#*#34971539#*#* (Do Not Use The First Option "update camera firmware" you will break your camera)
Change Power Button Action: *#*#7594#*#*
Show IMEI Number: *#06#

Be careful in Service Mode that you know what it is your changing. If you hork up your phone you can reset it by doing a Factory data reset in Settings / Privacy / Factory data reset.

I would do a nandroid backup before making changes if your just experimenting.

I will add reference material below as I can:
CDMA = CDMA*(2/3g) EV-DO(3g) WiMax(3/4g) {Cell Carrier examples: Verizon and Sprint}

Preferred Network types:
WCDMA preferred - The GSM phone is capable of using both 2G and 3G data communication and when signal strength is low 3G is favored more.
GSM only - The GSM phone is capable of using only 2G data communication. When the 2G signal is too low you get nothing at all.
WCDMA only - The GSM phone is capable of using only 3G data communication. When the 3G signal is too low you get nothing at all.
GSM auto (PRL) - The GSM phone is capable of using both 2G and 3G data communication and when signal strength is low 2G is favored more. This one is a bit confusing to me since PRL is associated mostly with CDMA technology and not GSM technology.
CDMA auto (PRL) - The CDMA phone is capable of using both 2G and 3G data communication and when signal strength is low 2G is favored more.
CDMA only - The CDMA phone is capable of using only 2G data communication. When the 2G signal is too low you get nothing at all.
EvDo only - The CDMA phone is capable of using only 3G data communication. When the 3G signal is too low you get nothing at all.
GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) - Some phones are equipped with both GSM and CDMA capabilities. This setting appears to just have the phone attempt to stay connected to the data communication type that works the best. (Maybe the Samsung Galaxy S will take advantage of this???)
Unknown - If none of the above fit or the phone is acting weird as far as connecting to the carrier, you will see your preferred network type is set to this.

Last edited:

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
There are quite a few test .apk's in the system.app folder I'm sure each of them can be launched with a specific code.

holysmokesbatty

May 23, 2009
Denver, CO
I was having an issue with the mic gain recording distorted live concert audio so I was wondering how to access extended features on the Galaxy S.

The following is the code to dial in to access the hidden Service Mode menus.

Example how to access menus:
Dial *#*#197328640#*#*

This allowed me to adjust the mic gain to get better audio recordings at loud live concerts.

I'm just wondering specifically what settings you adjusted and to what level to make this possible?

Just got home from a show and tried recording a short bit to see how it came out before potentially wasting my time doing the whole set, and the sound is terrible.

phragg

Jul 19, 2010
Worcester
Itd be interesting. if we can access the volume buttons so we can use this to access the lock screen instead of just using the power button

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

slinky1914

Oct 22, 2009
SW Oklahoma City
Has anyone been able to successfully keep the phone on the 3G only setting like my slide could and always got great 3G signal? I set this on my vibrant and it goes back to the GSM and CDMA (PRL) setting and jumps from 2G to 3G all day long.

shootr

Aug 7, 2010
Has anyone been able to successfully keep the phone on the 3G only setting like my slide could and always got great 3G signal? I set this on my vibrant and it goes back to the GSM and CDMA (PRL) setting and jumps from 2G to 3G all day long.

*#*#197328640#*#*
debug screen
phone control
network control
band selection
wcdma band
wcdma all
menu->end

Works for me.

Demiurgic

Aug 18, 2010
Atlanta
Any ideas what the ramdump in common/diag config does?

GCF is a feature to auto reply to every email - lol think I will leave one that alone.

Last edited:

s3gfault

Jun 11, 2010
Please add the code that is used to dump the system logs to the SD card, i don't recall what it is right now.

EDIT:

*#9900#

Last edited:
i did the fw updates on *#*#2663*#*# and now only my menu and back buttons illuminate and none of the work i was on jpm froyo and i odined back to stock twice and still not working can anyone help???

edit:i went back into the menu on freshly odined jfd

Last edited:

chris2fer

Apr 20, 2007
Same here. Did you ever find out the settings for the audio to record a concert easily?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

takato23

Sep 18, 2010
hey i have a lot of troubles with this this, the people says that the don't hear me well so... i think it's a problem of my microphone. There's any way to improve this? because i have to shout a lot haha