Files to get your Mesmerize back to stock 2.1 and 2.2.1

Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Updated to include 2.2.1

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

If you are unfamiliar with how to use Odin pay attention to what you are doing. Flashing the wrong file or flashing to the wrong place can potentially be a nightmare.
*********ONLY FLASH MESMERIZE FILES TO YOUR MESMERIZE*****

First download both files if you don't already have Odin. Unzip the Mesmerize DI14 zip file or EC10 zip file. You will notice that there is a .pit file and a .tar.md5 file. You will flash both at the same time if you want to go COMPLETELY back to stock. This process will wipe all data from your phone except your phone number and anything on your sdcard.

1. Pull your phone battery
2. Start Odin
3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
-your phone should go into download mode
6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
-if not, try another USB port
7. Click Start

It will look similar to this.
Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize Files located here:
Mesmerize 2.2.1: EE19 Full Froyo Restore Package
Mesmerize 2.2.1: EC10 Full Froyo Restore Package
Mesmerize 2.1: Full Eclair Restore Package
Odin3 v1.3 located here: Odin3

This is a stock kernel that is in a flashable zip. If you are just wanting or needing to go back to a stock kernel for some reason and do not want to flash everything back to stock, this is what you want. If you are using a voodoo kernel, make sure you disable lagfix before flashing the stock kernel.

Mesmerize EE19 kernel only: Stock EE19 kernel only
Mesmerize EC10 kernel only: Stock EC10 kernel only
Mesmerize DI14 kernel only: Stock DI14 kernel only

Last edited:

n7mesis

Jan 31, 2009
I'm guessing i have to be running windows to do this? :( I wanted to have a windows free machine. But I guess when getting into this kind of thing thats impossible.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I'm guessing i have to be running windows to do this? :( I wanted to have a windows free machine. But I guess when getting into this kind of thing thats impossible.

Just run a virtualbox. Six months ago I thought it was great that I got away from Windows at home when I got a MacBook Pro. I thought it was perfect. Then, like you found that I still needed Windows, plus Linux... lol Sometimes you can't win for losing. So now I have a work laptop that has Windows with a Linux virtuabox and a MBP at home running a Windows and Linux virtualbox. The sad thing is, the only work I do on the MBP now, is graphics.

droidroidz

Dec 16, 2010
Remember im noob so be nice! Couple questions, I assume your phone number and MEID stay the same? Where are these stored? Does this replace the current kernel?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Remember im noob so be nice! Couple questions, I assume your phone number and MEID stay the same? Where are these stored? Does this replace the current kernel?

Very good question, and I try to be nice even when I think an answer is obvious. This one isn't so obvious and I wondered the same thing when I first flashed it.

Yes your phone number and MEID stay the same and they stay in on the phone. Where they are stored is a question that I haven't really looked in to. I think they may be stored in the radio portion of the phone, but again, I don't know for sure. What you are flashing is the PDA portion and the kernel, so yes it does replace the current kernel. Also, in case you have flashed a voodoo kernel, make sure you disable lagfix before you use Odin. If not, you may end up with a mess trying to fix the problems it will create.

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
any chance we can get the files to go back stock to cellular south on here?

don't really plan on it unless we have to in order to upgrade WHENEVER that will be.. but you never know

Last edited:

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
any chance we can get the files to go back stock to cellular south on here?

don't really plan on it unless we have to in order to upgrade WHENEVER that will be.. but you never know

Make friends with the in store technicians if you have them. That's the only thing I can recommend for now.

androidman78

Nov 17, 2010
Chicago, IL.
hemdall for linux...

Linux has a odin like program called hemdall it is a very powerful program and is not for the timid as you can really mess up you phone if you dont know what to do...it can be nonforgiving...hemdall is a good program and will do everything you need to do to flash...Installing Heimdall (Open Source Odin)....................Odin is a leaked Samsung program never meant for public consumption and runs only in Windows. It won't run in Linux under Wine, but will run through VirtualBox with some modifications to see the USB.... Odin on GNU/Linux If your not familiar with VirtualBox, it does not emulate Windows. It runs an actual copy of Windows inside Linux. You have to have a licensed copy of Windows available for this.

There is an open source alternative that works on Linux and Mac's as well. It's called Heimdall, and has been in testing at XDA for several months now. Read about it more and download the latest version herehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=755265: Heimdall – Glass Echidna. I used this to flash the DJ05 modem, so can confirm it works on the Fascinate.
https://launchpad.net/~modycz/+archive/modycz-heimdall

Instructions to get this for Ubuntu are here: https://launchpad.net/~modycz/+archive/modycz-heimdall

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:modycz/modycz-heimdall
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install heimdall
heimdall help

[Note: The version at launchpad is out-of-date and the newer version is much easier to use. Until this is updated, check Heimdall – Glass Echidna for latest version to install.]

THIS IS A POWERFUL PROGRAM, PROCEED WITH CAUTION ....I hope this has been helpful....;)

1greek4u

Dec 1, 2010
I see you linked Odin 1.3.... does it matter if I'm using a newer version? I have 1.6 thanks.

n7mesis

Jan 31, 2009
Just run a virtualbox. Six months ago I thought it was great that I got away from Windows at home when I got a MacBook Pro. I thought it was perfect. Then, like you found that I still needed Windows, plus Linux... lol Sometimes you can't win for losing. So now I have a work laptop that has Windows with a Linux virtuabox and a MBP at home running a Windows and Linux virtualbox. The sad thing is, the only work I do on the MBP now, is graphics.

Ok, thank you. That is good news. I wasn't sure if i could do something like this through virtualbox because i didn't know if the usb support was good enough. I didn't want to brick my phone. So If i set up my virtualbox guest to see my phone.....I should be able to just follow these instructions? Is there any additional configuration i need?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to include 2.2.1

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

If you are unfamiliar with how to use Odin pay attention to what you are doing. Flashing the wrong file or flashing to the wrong place can potentially be a nightmare.

First download both files if you don't already have Odin. Unzip the Mesmerize DI14 zip file or EC10 zip file. You will notice that there is a .pit file and a .tar.md5 file. You will flash both at the same time if you want to go COMPLETELY back to stock. This process will wipe all data from your phone except your phone number and anything on your sdcard.

1. Pull your phone battery
    2. Start Odin
    3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
    4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
    5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
    -your phone should go into download mode
    6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
    -if not, try another USB port
    7. Click Start

It will look similar to this.
    Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize Files located here:
    Mesmerize 2.2.1: EE19 Full Froyo Restore Package
    Mesmerize 2.2.1: EC10 Full Froyo Restore Package
    Mesmerize 2.1: Full Eclair Restore Package
    Odin3 v1.3 located here: Odin3

This is a stock kernel that is in a flashable zip. If you are just wanting or needing to go back to a stock kernel for some reason and do not want to flash everything back to stock, this is what you want. If you are using a voodoo kernel, make sure you disable lagfix before flashing the stock kernel.

Mesmerize EE19 kernel only: Stock EE19 kernel only
    Mesmerize EC10 kernel only: Stock EC10 kernel only
    Mesmerize DI14 kernel only: Stock DI14 kernel only
    Can anyone re-up the full restore packages with megaupload gone? My mesmerize is completely borked, only boots to the samsung recovery utils screen, tried everything, and I think I'm at the point where I need to do a repartition/restore, but cannot find a source to get any full restore package for the phone :(

I downloaded them all and uploaded here : http://cdn.kpsn.org/android/mesmerize/
    if anything else needs to be upload link me to it.
    Hey here's odin http://db.tt/tp0wsvfW

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

The md5 file to be put into the PDA slot of odin

http://db.tt/gRjsZLGZ

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

PIT file :

http://db.tt/TUKDFsnV

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Now ... please go to
    ROOTZWIKI.COM to get EVERYTHING else u need for the MEZ :p

for some reason I cant disable it in the boot menu

Just add a file to the voodoo folder on your sdcard called disable_lagfix and reboot. It should talk through the disable just like the enable.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    Will this unroot or take voodoo off your mesmerize? kind of want a fresh start.