HTC Thunderbolt - 2.6.32 kernel source code

Search This thread

ShanDestromp

Aug 30, 2010
The Colonies.
Downloading just in case they pull it. Not sure if htc pulls stunts like that but samsung used to and it couldn't hurt to have a mirror if needed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ShanDestromp

Aug 30, 2010
The Colonies.
I do remember when samsung did it lol...

The thing is, Samsung was really consistent about it. ROM leaks and Kernel source leaks always seemed to get pulled very quickly. It was almost like there was an xda-dev inside the company trying to help us out. Either that or they were using us as lab rats trying to get us to fix all the bugs they left in.

Regardless my download is complete and I took a quick look and it APPEARS as though its useable source; but its been so long since I rolled my last kernel I wouldn't know where to begin anymore. 2.4 was JUST becoming mainstream and 2.6 (aka 2.5 when it was dev) was just barely branching lol. Any people more in the know than I care to point me in the right direction to verify that it is indeed for the T-Bolt other than it being called mecha-2.6.32-gb05544a.tar.gz ?

IF HTC pulls the download; I'll happily send it out into the intarwebs. To paraphrase good ole Linus, Only wimps backup: real men just upload their important stuff on /pub, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

Jaywan

Dec 21, 2010
Newark
The thing is, Samsung was really consistent about it. ROM leaks and Kernel source leaks always seemed to get pulled very quickly. It was almost like there was an xda-dev inside the company trying to help us out. Either that or they were using us as lab rats trying to get us to fix all the bugs they left in.

Regardless my download is complete and I took a quick look and it APPEARS as though its useable source; but its been so long since I rolled my last kernel I wouldn't know where to begin anymore. 2.4 was JUST becoming mainstream and 2.6 (aka 2.5 when it was dev) was just barely branching lol. Any people more in the know than I care to point me in the right direction to verify that it is indeed for the T-Bolt other than it being called mecha-2.6.32-gb05544a.tar.gz ?

IF HTC pulls the download; I'll happily send it out into the intarwebs. To paraphrase good ole Linus, Only wimps backup: real men just upload their important stuff on /pub, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
I'm sure htc whould not post it on there site if it was not...

tmushy

Jan 13, 2007
Wow that was unexpected!
Im so excited to see what our wonderful developers come up with!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just looking around the web and came across this,
    http://developer.htc.com/
    Is this what devs need to start developing custom kernels or are we waiting on a newer one?
    YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA BOOOOOOOYYYYYYEEEEEEEE! I got LiquidMetal Sense2.3.3 and Miui waiting on this! coming soon guys...
    https://github.com/bcnice20/mecha-aosp

Mecha kernel with fixed wifi n bluetooth for aosp fell free use however nebody pleases :)
    You guys already ported a miui... If so I will not release mines... I will focus on my LiquidMetal port. But I am getting the same issues it runs smooth WiFi and Bluetooth works just not picking up a network signal...

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

We've got a team of seasoned MIUI devs from other devices who switched to the Thunderbolt. After using the non-working version of MIUI we are all super excited to finish up and release the ROM. It runs so nice right now.. it's gonna be so much nicer when we can make phone calls :)
    Egh just release a custom kernel first...CM7 is the last thing on my mind, I just wanna OC this badboy. Plus Im digging Sense for now anyway & CM7 uses ADW, not a fan.

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

You can take adw out of /system/app and push launcher pro into it's place, that's what I do.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk