Search This thread

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
Pfff..... cool :)

Congratiolations!

EUREKAAAAAAA

i've follow this guide

2. Stop ActiveSync, by Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
kill two processes rapimgr.exe and wcescomm.exe

3. put your device into the cradle

4. Run mtty (from downloaded) Choose WCEUSBSH001

5. type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset.

6. type "task 28" to get your device formatted

7. type "task 0" to ask your device reboot

8. take the device out of the cradle, and manually reset it if it does not do that already.

:D:D

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
@ GSLEON3 and DWNY

Thank you both for your great input ;)

I have updated first page!

Please correct me if I forgot something?

Regards,

Leo :)

Last edited:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
The newer 1.93 SPL is giving some issues. We need to take a look into the Boot Loader so we can find the valid commands. It seems that the "boot" command is no longer valid on some spl versions. Many are back to the Task x x commands.

I'm not sure what tool to use to look into Boot Loader to find the valid commands, but I know it's been done on Hermes I believe.

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
Maybe MTTY 1.16? Did you try?

If you want I can attach that one too?

The newer 1.93 SPL is giving some issues. We need to take a look into the Boot Loader so we can find the valid commands. It seems that the "boot" command is no longer valid on some spl versions. Many are back to the Task x x commands.

I'm not sure what tool to use to look into Boot Loader to find the valid commands, but I know it's been done on Hermes I believe.

Last edited:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Sure, I'd like to have it (1.6).

But the problem lies in the bootloader itself. Each version can have different commands & for the newer versions the boot command simply isn't there. The only way to figure it out is to disassemble the spl & see what commands lurk in there.

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
1.16 added to the first page as well!

Sure, I'd like to have it (1.6).

But the problem lies in the bootloader itself. Each version can have different commands & for the newer versions the boot command simply isn't there. The only way to figure it out is to disassemble the spl & see what commands lurk in there.

Jussonice

Aug 2, 2007
would this get a device to stop booting to the bootloader after every soft reset? my device only boots to the tri-color screen but the os is still there because if i use this tool with the command set 14 0 it boots into windows mobile, but after a soft reset its back at the bootloader again.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
URGENT!!!!

the - cmd>set 14 0 - will not work most of the time. The commands do vary between SPL versions. For most devices however the correct commands are:

cmd>set 16 0
cmd> task 8

You see the set 14 0 command is only for action immediately after a reset, but does NOT clear the RUU flag.

The correct command, set 16 0, is RUU Flag: setting it to 0 if your machine starts in bootloader mode may help to solve this problem.

austinsnyc

Mar 24, 2007
New York City
www.austinluker.com
Many of this was covered by POF when the kasier came out but thanks for bringing it back up since I'm many do not know. JUST BE CAREFULL using MTTY you can some times do more damage than good if you don't know what you are doing. Also make sure you have a Shipped ROM from what ever provider you got your kaiser/TilT from :)

Laurentius26

Nov 22, 2005
Thank you my friend.

I updated the first page.

the - cmd>set 14 0 - will not work most of the time. The commands do vary between SPL versions. For most devices however the correct commands are:

cmd>set 16 0
cmd> task 8

You see the set 14 0 command is only for action immediately after a reset, but does NOT clear the RUU flag.

The correct command, set 16 0, is RUU Flag: setting it to 0 if your machine starts in bootloader mode may help to solve this problem.

taurusco

Mar 22, 2007
MTYY now stuck on Smart mobility VS Tri Color after MTYY

So, i tried your software since i think my fone is bricked. I got to where I reformated the fone but it never gave me back another prombt for me to TASK 0. It is now stuck on the HTC Smart Mobility screen. What now? Any help would help

H

helpmeplease

The best Tool!!

this ist the most useful an unique recovery tool for MDA Vario III !!!!
perfect! :)

bangoskank

Apr 5, 2008
I dont know who you are, ... but I love you.

Hi,

I didn't see any post about using MTTY on Kaiser.

If I did a bad ROM flash with my previous device (HTC Universal), I could always fix this by clearing the FAT table with MTTY.

Believe me... if you flash and it stops ad 85% you will be very happy if you can use this tool!

Reason I started this thread is to help out people who are having such a problem with there Kaiser!

This is the correct procedure to get you out of trouble ;)

1. Stop ActiveSync, by Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete)

2. put your device into the cradle

3. Run mtty and Choose WCEUSBSH001 in 'PORT' (if it doesn't show then you didn't stop all active sync processes above!)

4. type "set 16 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset. (for some devices it can also be "set 14 0")

5. type "task 8" to get your device formatted

6. type "task 0" to ask your device reboot

7. take the device out of the cradle, and manually reset it if it does not do that already.

Incase of an emergency it could be very helpfull I think!

Thank you all for providing the input in this thread so I could make this small user manual!

Happy flashing!

I was caught in the tri color screen of death. At was at my witts ends. Searching this forum high and low. I the whole time thinking, "I bricked another FRACKEN phone" . This did the trick. Thanks. -- Bango

Feyroce

Sep 10, 2007
Works perfectly !

I was stucked @ tricolor bootloader screen after an unsuccessful Hard_Spl install !

After following your instructions, the device was successfully rebooted using the "boot" command and not the one you have mentioned.

Thanks for your very useful post ! :):D:)

PS: is there a list of all the MTTY commands available somewhere ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I didn't see any post about using MTTY on Kaiser.

If I did a bad ROM flash with my previous device (HTC Universal), I could always fix this by clearing the FAT table with MTTY.

Believe me... if you flash and it stops ad 85% you will be very happy if you can use this tool!

Reason I started this thread is to help out people who are having such a problem with there Kaiser!

This is the correct procedure to get you out of trouble ;)

1. Stop ActiveSync, by Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete)

2. put your device into the cradle

3. Run mtty and Choose WCEUSBSH001 in 'PORT' (if it doesn't show then you didn't stop all active sync processes above!)

4. type "set 16 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset. (for some devices it can also be "set 14 0")

5. type "task 8" to get your device formatted

6. type "task 0" to ask your device reboot

7. take the device out of the cradle, and manually reset it if it does not do that already.

Incase of an emergency it could be very helpfull I think!

Thank you all for providing the input in this thread so I could make this small user manual!

Happy flashing!