[KERNEL][NEW][4/03] XENON Kernel v1.1 [1.5ghz][Voltage Scaling][ath6kl][Partitions]

Search This thread

menting

Apr 15, 2011
I've read in multiple places that the ath6kl driver will incur additional battery drain as opposed to the regular one included in CM9, is that still true?

thanks.

puch0021

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
Not really any out of the ordinary battery drain with new kernel vs stock. I has noticed using a screen off profile and setting it to power save with 384 or 432 values that the TP has issues waking back up. So I just use interactive at 384 min and that works just fine.

Edit: I have no screen off profiles enabled. Interactive is set as main.

Are you using set CPU? I can't decide if its the minimum setting @ 192 OR SETCPU causing the sleep of death.

Which do you feel is causing the problem? Could it be both?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

SUTHRNFRIED

Jun 24, 2010
Are you using set CPU? I can't decide if its the minimum setting @ 192 OR SETCPU causing the sleep of death.

Which do you feel is causing the problem? Could it be both?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

I am using set CPU and now running version 1.1 with min at 384 on performance and screen off profile at 594/384 on conservative. No sod issues here. Its running like a champ. :)

puch0021

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
I had mine at 1.5ghz 192 on demand. I also had a screen off profile for 1ghz 192 conservative.

I'll try with a higher Max and see if that fixes things for me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

SUTHRNFRIED

Jun 24, 2010
doesn't setting it to performance make it run at the max speed you specify always?

Yes it does. But I do switch from that to interactive from time to time. Depends on what exactly I may be doing to need all the processor.

I had mine at 1.5ghz 192 on demand. I also had a screen off profile for 1ghz 192 conservative.

I'll try with a higher Max and see if that fixes things for me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Run a higher min speed. The recommended is 384 , any lower and you run into SOD issues. Are you running 1.1 or 1.0 version?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I finally get everything just the way I want it and my TP has never been smoother and CM finally uploads a new nightly...4-4-2012. Guess thats what makes this so much fun. Time to do it all over again. :rolleyes:

sprice26

Feb 24, 2009
Try flashing it again, I guess.

Just attempted another install of XEON. Didn't work.

Here is what the screen reads exactly:

#####################

Selected: 'boot Xenon'

Loading '/boot/uImage.Xenon'...OK
checking uImage... Invalid Size

BOOT FAILED!!!

Press SELECT to continue

#####################

What am I doing wrong here? The instructions were pretty simple. Just install the zip file via ClockworkMod and then clear the Cache and Dalvik.

magnethart

Jul 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
Attached file re-uploaded. Should work now.

#####################

BOOT FAILED!!!

Press SELECT to continue

#####################

What am I doing wrong here? The instructions were pretty simple. Just install the zip file via ClockworkMod and then clear the Cache and Dalvik.

Sounds like your boot partition is full. Flash the attached file before flashing kernel. It should clear out any extra uImage files sitting in the boot partition.

Attachments

• update-remove-tga_uImages.zip
    217.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

menting

Apr 15, 2011

#####################

BOOT FAILED!!!

Press SELECT to continue

#####################

did you try the version where it removes the original CM9 kernel?
if not, try that

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
Would be nice if you create one version with the stock wifi driver from the latest official nightlys for us that wifi is working fine.

I'm still wondering what makes some people have problems' different hardware revisions?

kingtuk1

Nov 21, 2010
I would like it with stock wifi, cuz the new one is still in test and has a bigger battery drain.

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
+1 wifi works perfect with nighly drivers. a stock wifi version would be nice. great work man. wish i was doing what your doing at your age..

SUTHRNFRIED

Jun 24, 2010
After 4 days of awesome performance I had to remove the kernel today due to tons of SOD and random reboots. Not sure why 1.1 acted up on me all of the sudden. :confused:

reflex9000

Oct 16, 2010
with the new nightly (update-cm-9-20120408-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed) WIFI does not work with Xenon Kernel.

You must reinstall the Kernel after you have installed the new nightly then WIFI works again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XENON Kernel

For ICS [any ROM]

Features:
    Code:
    *Overclocked CPU to 1.5ghz
    *SWAP Space Enabled
    *ath6kl WiFi driver from compat-wireless
    *Memory Compaction
    *Adaptive Voltage Scaling
    *Memory Management based on Device State
    *NWFPE Floating Point Emulation
    *Support for Extended Precision
    *Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Support
    *Watchdog Timer Corrective Services Support
    *Direct Memory Access (DMA) Support
    *Maintain devtmpfs filesystem to mount at /dev
    *Automount devtmpfs at /dev
    *Detect Soft Lockups
    *Detect Hung Tasks
    *Kernel Memory Leak Detector
    *Checks for Stalled CPUs
    *Sysctl Checks
    *Securityfs Filesystem Support
    *Reiserfs Filesystem Support
    *JFS Filesystem Support
    *XFS Filesystem Support
    *GFS2 Filesystem Support
    *OCFS2 Filesystem Support
    *Advanced Partition Selection
    *Acorn Partition Support
    *Cumana Partition Support
    *EESOX Partition Support
    *ICS Partition Support
    *Native Partition Support
    *PowerTec Partition Support
    *RISCiX Partition Support
    *Alpha OSF Partition Support
    *Macintosh Partition Map Support
    *PC BIOS (MSDOS Partition Tables) Support
    *BSD Disklabel (FreeBSD Partition Tables) Support
    *Minix Subpartition Support
    *Solaris (x86) Partition Table Support
    *Unixware Slices Support
    *Windows Logical Disk Manager (Dynamic Disk) Support
    *SGI Partition Support
    *Ultrix Partition Support
    *Sun Partition Tables Support
    *Karma Partition Support
    *EFI GUID Partition Support
    *SYSV68 Partition Table Support

The Xenon Kernel is a project for myself to learn more about Linux and Android Kernel developing. I am a sophmore in High School and I haven't had much developing experience, so this is a learning experience. If you want to use this Kernel, you can show your support by thanking me! Right now all I need is words of encouragement and a new phone (I still have an old Symbian S60v3 phone haha). The Touchpad is my first Android device. Also, this is my second work for the Touchpad, my first is the SUPREME Modpack. I hope to make this my primary development project and improve as much as I can. Thanks for checking this out!

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/XENON

There are 2 versions, one that retains the CM9 kernel as a backup, and one that deletes the CM9 kernel and only uses Xenon.
    Saves CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHCM9.zip
    Deletes CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHOUTCM9.zip

Current version is v1.1

Instructions:
    How to Install:

FIRST, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! This can cause serious harm to your system. I am not responsible for anything that may occur to your Touchpad, but everything should be fine.

1. Download the respective installer zip from the above link.
    2. Install the zip in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot and hope for the best!
    IF YOU ARE HAVING SOD ISSUES try setting your CPU Governor to "ondemand"

How to Uninstall:
    1. Restore from your backup you were supposed to make

or... if you didn't listen (shame on you... you should always make a backup)

1. Download the XENON Uninstaller from my goo-inside.me profile. This zip deletes the Xenon Kernel and adds back the default CyanogenMod 9 Kernel. It will not, however, delete the ath6kl WiFi drivers (you really don't need to unless you are having WiFi woes). To uninstall the ath6kl drivers you need to reinstall Android.
    2. Install it in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot!

Contact me via Twitter (preferred) here: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
    Or PM me

Credits:
    *jcsullins for originally getting me interested in kernel development, aiding me through the process in IRC, creating moboot, and helping out the CM9 team in this port
    *lintz (helped with getting the ath6kl drivers working and solving my ignorance :D)
    *The ENTIRE CM9 team (dalingrin, verygreen/green, Dees_Troy, Flemmard, and everyone else who has contributed to this port. It is truly an honor to witness what you guys have created.
    Thanks for sharing! Will give this go and provide feedback.
    I'm actually going to start from scratch right now
    I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.
    Can you add gpu oc in next build please :D

That's definitely high on the new features list. I hope to have another release out soon with bug fixes and probably this if I can figure out how to do it.
    I'm actually going to start from scratch right now
    I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.
    Good luck :)