[Q] Is it worth it to install cyanogenmod?

Search This thread

bludsugah

Nov 9, 2011
Aalst
Just a simple question that may help some others like me. Is it worth it to install cyanogenmod and install another rom with the new kitkat update coming? :)
Thanks in advance!

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Just a simple question that may help some others like me. Is it worth it to install cyanogenmod and install another rom with the new kitkat update coming? :)
Thanks in advance!

Depends on your tech savvy. Personally I don't mess around with roms when I have everything I need in stock, especially on my primary phone. Sometimes you also mess up your connectivity to your carrier (this is called EFS partition, back it up!). I've messed with Xperia phones before and I like the stock roms on them. I say don't put cm, unless you HATE your stock rom. Even then you can just theme it with Xposed if you're on that level or use a 3rd-party launcher for beginners and of course you gotta root it ;) Rooting is more for system tweaks tho, only after you install Xposed you can do theming.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: bludsugah

Hassan_AUS

May 11, 2014
Melbourne
Personally, I disliked Cyanogen mod because I was so used to the look of my phone. Cyanogen mod changes the entire feel and asthetics of your phone to increase its efficiency. I personally couldn't put up with it, but it may be different for you! I would just stick to stock rom unless you intend to stretch your phone to its absolute limit, in which case Cyanogen mod will help you!

smardu

Jun 7, 2009
camera quality will be lost, battery life is the same like stock, im using it since jan, sometimes annoying bugs are present..
there is no efs on sony and there are no problems with those like on samy or lg.
Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

alpha.shining

Jul 10, 2013
I went to cyanogenmod last week, it's fine so far and has many features which can make you excited. the CM based ROMs are super fast and smooth, them can give you another feeling comparing with the stock.
If you want to install CM, you need to unlock your Bootloader, it means you will lost your Bravia Engine forever unless you relock it
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/tutorial-xperia-z-zl-bootloader-t2153261
As far as I am concerned, I always want to explore something new and XDA forum is better than SONY. believe me :D

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
Sony fw is actually based on AOSP/CM itself.. But if u r bored with stock, u are always welcome to try CM ROMs.. They provide their own features, customizations and a different theme engine.. Plus CM11 actually gives u more battery backup and better RAM management.. Hence an upgrade in the performance level.. But both are good in its own ways.. :good:

dom_b

Feb 23, 2010
Only time I've moved to cm is when the manufacturer stops development for the phone, or if the standard rom is just bad. I had a Moto Atrix that was worth the move to cm. The Xperia is fine without cm and I can't think of anything useful it would add.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
its nice to take a break from sony's ui. ive tried PAC and PA and some others for a month or so, in the end i ended up going back to sony because CM nightlies are too buggy atm.

its really up to you, both offers slightly different things, CM has more themes to choose from and like i said its a nice break from sonys ui if you got bored of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks in advance!

Depends on your tech savvy. Personally I don't mess around with roms when I have everything I need in stock, especially on my primary phone. Sometimes you also mess up your connectivity to your carrier (this is called EFS partition, back it up!). I've messed with Xperia phones before and I like the stock roms on them. I say don't put cm, unless you HATE your stock rom. Even then you can just theme it with Xposed if you're on that level or use a 3rd-party launcher for beginners and of course you gotta root it ;) Rooting is more for system tweaks tho, only after you install Xposed you can do theming.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app