Can't change system sounds in ui folder

Search This thread

Skilljoy

Sep 27, 2012
So I finally switched from the JellyTime 4.2.2 to the Mokee 4.4 rom and everything went fine.
But then I wanted to change the Lock and Unlock.ogg file, like I did before in the JellyTime rom.
I deleted the original files in the system/media/audio/ui folder and replaced them with my new files I already had converted from mp3 to ogg for the JellyTime rom.
Then I changed permissions to rw-r-r and restarted android.
But now there is no sound when I lock/unlock the phone. (Marker in soundsetting for lockscreen is set)

Is there something different betwen 4.2 and 4.4?

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
So I finally switched from the JellyTime 4.2.2 to the Mokee 4.4 rom and everything went fine.
But then I wanted to change the Lock and Unlock.ogg file, like I did before in the JellyTime rom.
I deleted the original files in the system/media/audio/ui folder and replaced them with my new files I already had converted from mp3 to ogg for the JellyTime rom.
Then I changed permissions to rw-r-r and restarted android.
But now there is no sound when I lock/unlock the phone. (Marker in soundsetting for lockscreen is set)

Is there something different betwen 4.2 and 4.4?

Nope. As long as file format is .ogg,it should be good. But do one thing,Try replacing it with some other lock and unlock.ogg and check whether it works or no. Sometimes low volume output makes sound inaudible too.

Skilljoy

Sep 27, 2012
I don't know why, but if I copy the files with ES Explorer and then change the permissions with the Root Explorer it works:eek:
If I do both things (copy and change permissions) with one app, it doesn't work...