Recommendations for SD cards...

Search This thread

jcboiz

Mar 29, 2008
Hello, I am looking for a 32gb microsd card to put into my g2x. If someone could recommend a brand and also what class speed to purchase. Much appreciated!!

eagle1967

Jan 3, 2010
well darn

Hello, I am looking for a 32gb microsd card to put into my g2x. If someone could recommend a brand and also what class speed to purchase. Much appreciated!!

I got this one and it works without problems that i have seen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211535

but it was on sale for 10 bucks cheaper and i guess the sale has ended. but if your set on a class 10 than sandisk ,patriot and lexar seem to be the most popular. i was looking for adequate and cheap with decent reviews of it actually working so thats why i got that one. im happy with it so far. but for 10 bucks more might not be worth not going for the class 10's.

here is another convo on the subject.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043780

Last edited:

tonyizhurr

Jun 23, 2010
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 all the way. It lives up to a class 10. Don't buy off ebay as they may be fake. It may show 32 GB on the disk and on the computer but it won't save up to 32 gb. It may also be only a class 4 or 2. Get a lexar 32 gb off amazon.

jcboiz

Mar 29, 2008
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 all the way. It lives up to a class 10. Don't buy off ebay as they may be fake. It may show 32 GB on the disk and on the computer but it won't save up to 32 gb. It may also be only a class 4 or 2. Get a lexar 32 gb off amazon.

Does class 10 really matter when it comes to a smartphone? I have no experience with the different classes so if people can fill me in. Thanks!!

brian6685

Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just out of curiosity, what do people need 32gb + 8gb internal space for? What do you put on your phone that uses that much space? Music?

G2X

RueTheDay

Apr 11, 2009
I got this one and it works without problems that i have seen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211535

but it was on sale for 10 bucks cheaper and i guess the sale has ended. but if your set on a class 10 than sandisk ,patriot and lexar seem to be the most popular. i was looking for adequate and cheap with decent reviews of it actually working so thats why i got that one. im happy with it so far. but for 10 bucks more might not be worth not going for the class 10's.

Amazon has that card for $55. I ordered it last night.

kentrik

Just out of curiosity, what do people need 32gb + 8gb internal space for? What do you put on your phone that uses that much space? Music?

G2X

Music, movies, documents, pictures, all of the above. The advantage to the modern smartphone is that it eliminates the need to carry multiple devices everywhere. With a phone like this one, it would be a shame to NOT have a couple of your favorite movies on it in good quality, as the screen is excellent and I'm pretty sure that's why there is a mini-HDMI out on this thing. ;)

As for mine, I keep The Hangover and a selection of a couple other movies I could watch 200 times over on my phone. I also have about 4GB of the most recent flavor of musical interest as well, and keep some general information PDFs and some tech files and notes for work and school on my phone. Oh, and I plan on using it as my primary camera at the next few trade shows I go to. :D

svengalis

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia, SC

G2X

Well I think the Optimus G2x is one of the first phones to record in 1080p. If you are recording at the resolution if can fill up a little 8gb card in no time. I think a 10 min 1080p file is like 2gb.

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
I bought a sandisk 32gb card from amazon for $60 and having no issues with it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

eagle1967

Jan 3, 2010
yeah thats what i paid

Amazon has that card for $55. I ordered it last night.

yeah tahts what i paid 54.99. seems to work fine.

and for the person that asked . yeah music and videos mainly , i also may develop for this device. not sure yet. i really had no life for 9 months doing it for the droid 1 so not sure i want to commit the time again but maybe . and that takes some space messing with things. not sure i need 40 gigs but i did run out of space on the 16 gig card on the droid.

eagle1967

Jan 3, 2010
Music, movies, documents, pictures, all of the above. The advantage to the modern smartphone is that it eliminates the need to carry multiple devices everywhere. With a phone like this one, it would be a shame to NOT have a couple of your favorite movies on it in good quality, as the screen is excellent and I'm pretty sure that's why there is a mini-HDMI out on this thing. ;)

As for mine, I keep The Hangover and a selection of a couple other movies I could watch 200 times over on my phone. I also have about 4GB of the most recent flavor of musical interest as well, and keep some general information PDFs and some tech files and notes for work and school on my phone. Oh, and I plan on using it as my primary camera at the next few trade shows I go to. :D

12 gigs of classic rock. few sitcom episodes bon jovi concert and up in smoke :)