Developers Support Thread

Search This thread

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com

So far so good bro. I'll let you guys know when it (successfully) gets done.. Hopefully it'll be successful: p IT, your suggestion of capitalizing the c under Crossbones link at the top of the default.xml is what I should done... Right?

So:
<remote name="Crossbones"
fetch="git://github.com/crossbones/" />

To:
fetch="git://github.com/Crossbones/" />

Is that right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
So far so good bro. I'll let you guys know when it (successfully) gets done.. Hopefully it'll be successful: p IT, your suggestion of capitalizing the c under Crossbones link at the top of the default.xml is what I should done... Right?

So:
fetch="git://github.com/crossbones/" />

To:
fetch="git://github.com/Crossbones/" />

Is that right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Yep

Reactions: MBQ_

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Where would you guys recommend I pull the device/samsung/toro and device/samsung/tuna files? I dont have time to adb pull right now, because I have work in 25.Thanks!

Last edited:

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Seems like a repo sync issue looks like your missing something in the source although I've never seen that particular error yet

best to be fresh

Well, it compiled correctly!! About to flash the Toro ROM... ill report back in a few

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much!!!!

Reactions: dreamsforgotten

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
What is this error?
Code:
find: `../../vendor/unbundled_google/libs/gcm/gcm-server/src': No such file or directory

I see this error all the time. Not this specific error but something more along the lines of.
Code:
Find: src': No such file or directory
Its never been an issue as the build compiled and worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
I see this error all the time. Not this specific error but something more along the lines of.
Code:
Find: src': No such file or directory
Its never been an issue as the build compiled and worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That's one of those generic warnings when compiling? If so I guess you're not abusing your processor with make -j32 or you wouldn't even notice Lmao.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
How can I push changes to cyanogenmods gerrit? Im trying to follow the instructions, but get lost around the part where it says 'repo start <branch name> <project path>'

:( ive tried about every possible combination, including going into android/system/packages/apps/Settings and setting the branch name at 'master'

This is so frustrating

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developers Support Thread

What does that mean?

Quite literally, this thread is intended to support developers. I intend to help out anyone who needs a hand in an attempt to develop for the Galaxy Nexus, or any other phone but I'm going to reference my website with step by step instructions to get you through the beginning stages and comfortable with development. This will also cut down on the number of "noob questions".

Background:
    My private messages and e-mail stay filled with usually the same questions. There are lots of people who have android phones and the excitement of owning them doesn't stop there. They want to learn how these other people are creating custom roms on their phone. Some people want a minimalism rom, pure AOSP with maybe one or two mods, such as reboot and status bar toggles, but otherwise want a stock setup. They browse around all these great roms but they are just too many mods for their taste. What do you do from there? You can request a developer release a version with only those two mods, and then wait for the end of time because it's not coming. Or you can compile your own rom from source code and have whatever mods you choose.

Rules:

1) No trolling. If someone appears to be a troll and everyone agrees they are a troll, leave it at that. NOT responding to a troll is the only way to defeat them so practice that rampid in this thread.

2) Anyone who knows an answer to a question posted, feel free to join in, the entire community including current developers should participate. This will only serve to strengthen the development community.

3) No question is too small. Everyone starts somewhere so if someone post asking what a terminal is, or how to find usb debugging in settings, do not discourage them from continuing to learn. There is no place for that and you will have become a troll. You will know it too because everyone will ignore your comments ;).

Get your start here:

http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

This is google's own instruction but it's hard for some people just starting off to feel comfortable with. I have elaborated on this guide with an entire website aimed at educating people. Please visit here: http://www.dreamsforgotten.net Understand the site is very new, I have been working on it for a month or so, but it will grow and evolve as does this thread. Any questions that get tackled here that are repeated, and seem to affect many people, I will add the resolution to the website as well.

I do have ad sense on the website in an attempt to cover the hosting fees, there is no option to set up an account @ dreamsforgotten.net. Anyone is free to stop by and view it, and take from it what they need. So far I have enough instruction in place to get anyone who is using a supported development device (as well as sprint and verizon galaxy nexi lol) compiling from source rather quickly.

Please leave me feedback on what you would like to see addressed in the future, and consider this the support thread. Dreamsforgotten.net is for you to get a step by step instruction on setting up an environment, this thread is for you to expand that and get assistance when you hit a snag in the road. Thanks guys and I'll be responding to questions as I get time. Enjoy.
    I will shoot you a pm later to hash out the info. I have a shared hosting plan going to waste right now. I can get you access to it for you to upload your site.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    git remote add aosp GIT_REPO
    git fetch aosp
    git merge aosp jb-mr1-release
    I'm guessing if you remove the binaries from this tar http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=107, you shouldn't need to do the edits to source for the ril to function. I don't have toroplus anymore to test this so let everyone know.

yes this is true. from 4.1 to 4.2 the telephony files were moved from frameworks/base to frameworks/opt/telephony. this is the reason why we needed the fix for data. the old binaries from 4.1 pointed to frameworks/base but with the new binaries they have been updated to point to the right direction wich is frameworks/opt/telephony. ypu can grab the new binaries from any new rom im sure has been updated with new binaries by now. im sure there is a deodex version of stock 4.2.1 sprint ota update somewhere or you can just use my vendor for toroplus which i have updated with new binaries already HERE.
    Hosting cost, I'm not really making up for it so I must cut it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

You need hosting? I can help out there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus