Battery Just Drops!!!

Search This thread

TheSinfulNinja

Jan 13, 2014
Ok so I got the Note 10.1 2014 edition as a christmas gift. It is working fine. The only thing that is wrong with it is the battery is dropping from 50% to like 8% in a matter of 5 min. Or when I power off my device at say 70% and turn it on, it is at like 3%. I do not understand that a battery can just drop like that. Should I return it? Try to fix it? What should I do? Please Help!!!!!!! Thanks in advance

rockjock2020

Oct 1, 2007
I'd check it with an app like a better battery stats and see what's causing the drain. Have you also updated it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
There is an indexing service that searches through your files and indexes the contents.
On initial startup, this can take a while and really eats into the battery. Once it's complete it should be OK though.

Unless it has found a corrupt file, then it just keeps running and draining the battery. If it has an SD card, then try removing it and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you might have a bad file and need to format the SD card.

TheSinfulNinja

Jan 13, 2014
There is an indexing service that searches through your files and indexes the contents.
On initial startup, this can take a while and really eats into the battery. Once it's complete it should be OK though.

Unless it has found a corrupt file, then it just keeps running and draining the battery. If it has an SD card, then try removing it and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you might have a bad file and need to format the SD card.

Thanks I do have an SD card I will try re-formating it and removing the not needed files!