Official from Sony Ericsson product blog - Gingerbread 2.3.3 IS coming!

Search This thread

ballubas

Jan 19, 2010
malmö
sounds good, but they´ll delay it and then postpone it to q4! by then every other phone will have os 2.4, so were always gonna be behind!!

sardelich

Feb 14, 2009
Zagreb
but still it is a great step forward since the "no update beyond 2.1" statement. Well,at least we know that they are reading the forums :)

eureka9092000

Dec 30, 2010
What it means by this "DRM keys for protected content on your phone will be lost in the upgrade process." Bootloader will be opened??

Prodeje79

Dec 29, 2008
Ohio
Late q2/early q3 woohoo! Hopefully they just set expectations later but truly get it sooner. Any word on bootloader?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

azian_advanced

Dec 12, 2008
Calgary
even if they postpone it, this is still good news. i'm now contemplating on whether i should hold on to my x10 a little longer or upgrade to one of their new line of products coming out next month...

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
LMAO by quarter 3 I will be preparing to upgrade.

I think it is more a case of too little too late.

holcken

Aug 26, 2010
Stockholm
SE have stated internally that bootloaders will be unlocked for future phones.
If this includes newer phones as arc, neo and play is let aside atm since I
havent got this part confirmed.

But according to some guys, this unlocking part might apply for all models in
a future upgrade. Still slightly fuzzy expression but yes, SE will stop locking
phones. Hope this will apply for all current models also.

Anyhow, grats to all who gets GB :)

Khimera

Jun 19, 2009
Finally SE listen!!! Didnt expect this from them but i am happy!!! pleasantly surprised as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official update on Xperia X10 to Gingerbread

Now I like my phone :)
    blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia™-x10
    http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/25/update-on-xperia%E2%84%A2-x10/

As you can see in the above text,we have an official announecement from the SE. Well,what a nice way to start a day :)
    SE aint doing this for us... they didnt listen to us..
    They have poor sales in line and they realized their once loyal customers have caught on to the fact that their statements that "multitouch-16mil colours and gb" isn't possible, are a load of BS...
    They are doing this so the sheeple say... yeaaa.... SE FTW... I knew they loved me..

XDA devs should get a pay rise... The work done 2 months after the offical SE GB release date will be 10X better.... this statement by SE just made me get the paypal acc up

This is just digusting.
    They said they wouldn't update, y'all complained that they should give u froyo.
    Instead, they bring Gingerbread, and some people are still complaining.
    If they are doing it for u, or themselves, doesn't f**king matter, they brought it.
    STOP *****ING.
    There's just no pleasing some people.
    I'm actually shocked. And very pleased. Glad I stuck with my phone :D

FroYo is good, but Gingerbread is better.
    the progress made by Jerpelea, Binary, Zdzihu and all the other team working on x10 forced SE to release the update for X10

so SE still sucks, a big bloody liar company,,,,,,,,,,,SE Modified Eclair runs better than Google's Untouched Froyo and Gingerbread on X10 .................

bootloader has been bypassed and soon will be cracked, we won't rely on SE any more

so all the thanx goes to Jerpelea, Binary, Zdzihu and all the the teams working on X10