Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Search This thread

BrothaJINC

Nov 28, 2011
Colorado Springs
Got everything working now exept rom manager wont run fix permissions, it just show the background..... any help, thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Got everything working now exept rom manager wont run fix permissions, it just show the background..... any help, thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium[/QUOTE

I didn't think that rom manager could do much without booting into CWM? Either way install/open terminal emulator, run su, then run
mount -o remount, rw /system/

This sorted by problem installing the Chainfire driver.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

tidewaterns

Oct 26, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wanted to thank you for this rooted access and ICS rom. I wanted to know what is working and what is not? I just bought my tab and I am wanting to get ICS on it and I wanted see what was working. Like on my G2x the camcorder, Netflix, and hulu do not work at all and I was seeing if there was similar issues here.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

memfus_boi

Oct 1, 2008
Memphis
This might be a stupid question..... but i don't have ICS on my a100 but will this work on my tablet? i'm still kinda new to this because im used to my EVO, R.I.P. 2010-2011, lol

raphsabb

Oct 13, 2011
Port au Prince
I need a little help. Seems i am rooted fine, i was able to unlock the bootloader, i was able to put the custom build.prop, any app that needs root gets it. But superuser fails when trying to update and i cant edit build.prop. i did the terminal remount command which worx fine since i get no errors, but i cant write to /system/ files tho

Help

Update: while waiting for an answer, i made the changes in the terminal with vi since i knew su was working fine in there, but it seems the remount command doesnt help me with es file exporer. I was rooted on HC before updating, not sure if this is whats screwing me over.
Sent from my A100 using tapatalk

Last edited:

BrothaJINC

Nov 28, 2011
Colorado Springs
I need a little help. Seems i am rooted fine, i was able to unlock the bootloader, i was able to put the custom build.prop, any app that needs root gets it. But superuser fails when trying to update and i cant edit build.prop. i did the terminal remount command which worx fine since i get no errors, but i cant write to /system/ files tho

Help

Update: while waiting for an answer, i made the changes in the terminal with vi since i knew su was working fine in there, but it seems the remount command doesnt help me with es file exporer. I was rooted on HC before updating, not sure if this is whats screwing me over.
Sent from my A100 using tapatalk

I believe that if u are having problem then do a hard reset and put on the ics rom in the devolopment..........

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Captain Hilts

Jan 17, 2012
I tried this but keep getting the following error when I try to run the Windows batch file:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command

That message is repeated a few times and then it says that the file "mempodroid" isn't created. It sounds like it can't find the adb.exe for some reason.

I have tried the above by extracting the entire contents of the .zip file to my A100 using the Windows unzip tool and by using ES Zip Viewer in Android and I get the same result. Any ideas?

Anyone have any idea about how I can resolve this? I've found references to people having this error on other devices but their solutions haven't worked for me.

Reactions: kpost

oneovakindoldys2

Nov 27, 2011
Anyone have any idea about how I can resolve this? I've found references to people having this error on other devices but their solutions haven't worked for me.
It sounds like you may be clicking on the batch file while you are in fastboot or apx mode...?? Try opening a command prompt and typing in [adb] ....and then [adb devices] before clicking the batch file and see what happens. If that don't work feel free to contact me if you'de like. good luck!

Reactions: Captain Hilts

jhorner

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you!

At first, the command line (I used Win7 and the .bat file) just sat there saying daemon started...

After downloading the latest USB drivers, the device was rooted in less than 30 seconds. So, make sure you have those USB drivers from ACER

Captain Hilts

Jan 17, 2012
How you start the Windows batch file? It is necessary to click a key of a mouse on the Windows batch file.

It sounds like you may be clicking on the batch file while you are in fastboot or apx mode...?? Try opening a command prompt and typing in [adb] ....and then [adb devices] before clicking the batch file and see what happens. If that don't work feel free to contact me if you'de like. good luck!

Thanks for your help. Looks like it was just a problem with the A100 driver on my desktop. I just reinstalled it and the root worked fine!

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
I am running the newest ICS leak and attempting to run the script, it hangs at Daemon started successfully

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
I just installed the latest .12 ICS leak and used the tool just like I did with the last 2 ICS leaks and it worked great and I got full root and r/w access too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup
    At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
    New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
    Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
    This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
    How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
    I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!
    Always please!

Not at all :D
    I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right! :)
    We do have recoveries, CWM and TWRP, not sure what you are offering? Unless you mean a way to install them without unlocking, which is fine, but we lose use of recovery entirely that way. Or I'm just not understanding, in which case I apologize, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Ah, right, that's what I was offering, sorry. No need for that then :)
    is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
    Permanent :)