Breaking: Android 4.3 For Google Nexus 4 Leaks (JWR66N) - Here's The System Dump

Search This thread

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Breaking: Android 4.3 For Google Nexus 4 Leaks (JWR66N) - Here's The System Dump

For the past few hours, I've been observing a curious case of Jeff Williams on Google+. Jeff posted a screenshot of what he claimed was a Nexus 4 he bought from a Googler... with a build of Android 4.3 on it. The same build, JWR66N, that we saw leaked earlier on a Galaxy S4 GPE by SamMobile.
nexusae0_nexus4_thumb.png

In disbelief, some have called him a hoaxer, but a number of resourceful folks decided to get Jeff on IRC (channel #Android43 on freenode) and worked with him for hours, trying over and over to get the magical system dump that would prove Jeff's story to be real.

nexusae0_wm_7-17-2013-11-31-05-PM_thumb.png

The system dump, which we have since confirmed as legitimate and along with dozens of other IRC members mirrored to multiple destinations, indeed belongs to a Nexus 4 (mako), and the build number is indeed JWR66N. The radio and bootloader are missing right now - Jeff promised them tomorrow - so I have my doubts about a working port to other Nexus 4s for the time being.

In the meantime, the system dump itself is ready to go, and Ron and I are ripping through it as we speak. We'll have a teardown ready for you soon if we do dig something up, and by the looks of things, there's enough for a post.

I'd like to thank Jeff for his persistence as well as IRC users efrant, gravufo, Jason__, vividboarder, Introspection, and everyone else who drove this one to the finish line.

Update: There's chatter on IRC that restoring the backup via TWRP recovery seems to work. We haven't tested this, so if you do decide to proceed, do so with caution and after making a full backup of your entire system.

AP mirror #1
AP mirror #2
AP mirror #3
AP multi-mirror
Even more mirrors (by hackthevoid)

Breaking: Android 4.2.2 (Build JDQ39) Update Rolling Out To GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus 10

exus owners may have a reason to stay up tonight, as a couple of Reddit users report that Android 4.2.2 has begun rolling out to the GSM Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 7.

There's not much word regarding what the update (which carries build JDQ39) includes just yet, but readers may remember that Google promised a Bluetooth A2DP audio streaming fix in the "next release" of 4.2 after 4.2.1.

nexusae0_SoGKPYA_thumb.png
nexusae0_wm_BC4TBzCCAAAkqMk.jpg-large_thumb.jpg

At the moment it would seem that Reddit users in the thread linked below are the only ones reporting success at grabbing the update, so it's hard to judge the thread's veracity. If 4.2.2 has hit your device, though, let us know in the comments below.

Update: It looks like the update is rolling out after all. We've received confirmation from a number of users on Google+, including Marco Duran, who kindly provided some shots of the 47.6MB download from the Nexus 10.

nexusae0_wm_nexusae0_13-1_thumb.jpg
nexusae0_wm_nexusae0_13-2_thumb.jpg

Source: Android Police

Last edited:

D™

May 23, 2012
Here's The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update For The GSM Galaxy Nexus

Here's The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update For The GSM Galaxy Nexus [Manual Installation Instructions]

A couple of hours ago, Google started rolling out the Android 4.2.2 update to a very limited subset of Nexus devices (build JDQ39). At this point, almost nobody can get the OTA pulled by going through the Settings screen, but don't worry - one of our loyal readers extracted the OTA url for the Galaxy Nexus and sent it over to us (great work, Daniel Koch!).

For now, we only have the link for the takju Galaxy Nexus variant, i.e. GNex handsets bought from the Play Store. Once we get the yakju build, we'll update this post.

Note: Every Custom ROM flashing May have risk. So, please do it at your own Wish.

If you're not sure whether you have a takju or yakju variant, download Nexus Update Checker from the Play Store and see what it says.

What's New?

We don't have any reliable information at this point because Google hasn't pushed the 4.2.2 files to AOSP yet or published any changelogs. We suspect the Bluetooth bug has been fixed, but are unclear what else has changed right now.

There is a new radio in this OTA.

Prerequisites

Your device should be running build JOP40D before trying to install the update manually. If you for some reason don't have JOP40D, Google has it available in factory image form here.

For those ready to download and install manually, the process is easy. If you
  • have a custom recovery, just download the zip (linked below), move it to your device, and flash as usual
  • have the stock recovery, keep the zip file on your computer and follow a few easy instructions below

Manual Instructions

Step 1.

Reboot your Galaxy Nexus, holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while it boots up. Once you see the fastboot menu and "Start," press Volume Up to navigate to "Recovery" and press the power button. Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, press Volume Up and the Power button together, which will bring you to a new menu. Navigate to "apply update from adb."

Step 2.

Connect your Galaxy Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.

Make sure you have a recent version of adb that supports the sideload command (if you don't, download the latest Android SDK to ensure your adb is up-to-date).

Open up a command prompt (cmd in Windows, regular shell in Linux and Mac) in the same directory as the zip file you've downloaded.

Type in the following:

adb sideload 472aafeb9fe3.signed-takju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.472aafeb.zip

You should see a progress bar, which will eventually hit 100%. At this point, your device is installing the update.

Step 3.

Reboot and enjoy! You are now running Android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy Nexus.

Download

Here's the OTA, hosted on Google's servers: takju build JDQ39.

AP mirror just in case it goes down: AndroidFileHost.

MD5: d37cd3aeeacc0d25a523acbebb5557f4

File size: 46.4 MB (48,672,997 bytes)

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Shouldn't this file word being updated from recovery the normal way to?

I'm on Galaxy Nexus takju with TWRP recovery, and my updated failed..

EDIT: I get this error. assert failed: apply_patch _check ("system/lib/li
E: Error in /sdcard/filename.zip
(status7)
Error flashing zip
Updating partition details

/Söder

Last edited:

kyoshiro67

Oct 7, 2012
Re: Breaking: Android 4.2.2 (Build JDQ39) Update Rolling Out To GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nex

Good update :D

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

D™

May 23, 2012

(status7)
Error flashing zip

/Söder

Try to flash using CWM buddy. Also are you applying the commands..??

M

m.kochan10

(status7)
Error flashing zip

/Söder

Dude it's not a regular flashable zip. You need a takju stock recovery.

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Dude it's not a regular flashable zip. You need a takju stock recovery.

But, as I remember it, the 4.2.1 update was that kind of that kind of zip to?
And I was told I could flash it in a custom recovery? Or do I remember it wrong?

EDIT: This is where I got that info I think
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34706283#post34706283

and also from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592689&page=84

Also:
"For those ready to download and install manually, the process is easy. If you
have a custom recovery, just download the zip (linked below), move it to your device, and flash as usual"

EDIT2: I now remember that I might have edited my gps.conf, and created a new file. That might have anything to do with it? How do I get back an "untouched" version? I go have a backup of the stock rom, but how do I get the file back untouched?

/Söder

Last edited:

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Re: Breaking: Android 4.2.2 (Build JDQ39) Update Rolling Out To GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nex

Now the source needs to be updated so I can get it on my Samsung galaxy s1 :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

D™

May 23, 2012
Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Source Has Started Pushing To AOSP

Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Source Has Started Pushing To AOSP [Updated]

It's begun - the newest version of Android, 4.2.2, is being pushed to AOSP right now. We saw the accompanying Nexus OTA rollout start last night, with update files slowly springing up thereafter. Right now, 4.2.2 builds can be downloaded for the Takju Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi), and Nexus 10.

The build number is JDQ39 and the tag in AOSP is android-4.2.2_r1. Here are a few of the many directories that have been updated:
/device/common/+/android-4.2.2_r1
/platform/dalvik/+/android-4.2.2_r1
/platform/build/+/android-4.2.2_r1

While the push has just started this morning, source will likely continue to show up throughout the day, and we'll update this page as that happens. The Android Building Google Group should have a post by JBQ when the push is complete.

Update: It appears the push has finished, all Android 4.2.2 code should be in AOSP now.

They're working on compiling a full developer changelog right now, and once we've done that, we'll try to come up with a more human-readable one.

[Developer Changelog] Here's What's New In Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39)

Following yesterday's Android 4.2.2 OTAs to various Nexus devices, Google today followed up with the push of all 4.2.2 open source code changes to AOSP. There is a lot here to parse through this time around compared to the minor 4.2.1_r1.2 commit from 10 days ago.

We've already identified some obvious user-facing changes, which we'll post about separately soon to keep it clean and organized. The purpose of this post is, as before, to find the low-level changes that may not be obvious. So move the beard out of the way and dig in.

Update: Ron detailed some new things here: New Android 4.2.2 Features: Toggle From Quick Settings, Better App Download Notifications, and Some New Sounds!

What's New?

Things we've discovered so far, in brief:
Here is the list of developer commits in 4.2.2 (AOSP tag android-4.2.2_r1, JDQ39) compared to 4.2.1's latest revision (AOSP tag android-4.2.1_r1.2, JOP40G).
Note: For whatever reason, some of these we may have seen before - perhaps someone who understands the intricacies of AOSP's git structure can explain why they're getting included in the diff, but for the most part, this is all new stuff.

Code:
Project name: /platform/development
  •Chris Banes - Update bitmapfun sample to call recycle()
  •Dirk Dougherty - Add redirect for removed file.
  •Dirk Dougherty - Minor updates to keep androiddevdocs redirect in sync with devsite version (in frameworks/base)
  •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Fix bug where background image loading could hang
  •Chet Haase - Cherrypick from Change-Id: I4ae984cf776604cede32b98db6b1eb3cb6c59c7e
  •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Change cache memory calculation to use maxMemory()
  •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Fix inSampleSize selection and update dependencies
  •Katie McCormick - Network sample: fix typo in manifest
  •Xavier Ducrohet - Update platform tools rev to 16.0.2
  •Dirk Dougherty - Add ko and ru to validLangs.
  •Joe Malin - Android Training: Threads sample app
  •Dirk Dougherty - Add redirect for IAB v3 restructure.
  •Dianne Hackborn - SDK Only: Fix search interaction with various samples.
  •Dirk Dougherty - Redirects /guide/google to /google/.
  •Xavier Ducrohet - Move plat-tools SDK component rev to 16.0.1
  •&& repo sync -j8 - Doc change: sample app for Notifications class
  •Scott Main - docs: update redirects for articles
  •Scott Main - docs: add redirects for best practices pages that moved to training
  •Scott Main - docs: a few bonus redirects for dac
  •Andy Stadler - Cleanup eclipse .classpath for Gallery2
  •Scott Main - docs: redirect next steps to building first app class

Project name: /platform/cts
  •Leo Liao - DO NOT MERGE Add missing features of JB and JB MR1
  •Leo Liao - Add missing features of JELLY_BEAN to feature list
  •Brian Muramatsu - Updated Holo test assets for JB MR1
  •Nick Kralevich - FileSystemPermissionTest: add directories
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier to R4
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier to R5
  •Laurent Tu - Restore CtsVerifier rate for passive updates
  •Brian Muramatsu - Some Holo Test Improvements
  •Nick Kralevich - Try reading every file on /sys
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version again
  •Marco Nelissen - Improve testSetNextMediaPlayer test
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version to 4.2 R3
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version to 4.1_R4
  •Laurent Tu - Assert mean and stdev of update deltas
  •Nick Kralevich - Add CVE to Exynos vulnerability test.
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier Version to 4.1_R3
  •Laurent Tu - DO NOT MERGE Relax LocationVerifier assertions.
  •steven_huang - DO NOT MERGE Filter out the overdue location cases in GPS test
  •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier Version to 4.2_r2
  •Nick Kralevich - Add Exynos vulnerability tests.
  •Adam Momtaz - CTS tests for UiAutomator at API 17
  •Marco Nelissen - Add test for MediaScanner misbehavior
  •Andreas Huber - Add a CTS test that iterates through all codecs using MediaCodecList and
  •Andreas Huber - Adds a CTS test verifying audio encoder functionality. (AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB)
  •Adam Momtaz - Fixed a mistakenly deleted line from the last submit
  •Marco Nelissen - Fix ringtone test
  •Brian Muramatsu - Update BuildVersionTest to support 4.2.2
  •Fabrice Di Meglio - Fix bug #7664208 android.widget.cts.TextViewTest#testResetTextAlignment failures on JD
  •Eino-Ville Talvala - CTS Verifier: Fix Camera Formats preview orientation.
  •Fabrice Di Meglio - Fix bug #7664305  android.widget.cts.TextViewTest#testResetTextDirection failures on JD
  •Adam Momtaz - UiAutomator test APK and Tests for CTS
  •Fabrice Di Meglio - Add more CTS tests for the reset of RTL properties
  •Keun young Park - DO NOR MERGE make reboot default in CTS (merge from mr1)
  •Keun young Park - add log to print time-out when time-out happens
  •Nick Kralevich - Add more tests for restricted broadcasts.
  •Keun young Park - add 4.2.1 to version list
  •Svetoslav Ganov - Cannot move edit text cursor to first position using character granularity.
  •Keun young Park - change all file writes to random access with O_SYNC
  •Brett Chabot - Add UiAutomator test skeleton to CTS.
  •Svetoslav Ganov - Fix the shell commands used to clean up after the accessibility tests.
  •Svetoslav Ganov - Add NumberPicker CTS tests.
  •Nick Kralevich - FileSystemPermissionTest: Expand block device tests.
  •Keun young Park - force reboot after accessibility test
  •Guru Nagarajan - Version number for CTS 4.2   modified:   tools/tradefed-host/src/com/android/cts/tradefed/build/CtsBuildProvider.java
  •Brian Muramatsu - Report suite name to result server
  •Igor Murashkin - Camera: New test to check app firing intent after capturing picture/video

Project name: /platform/prebuilts/sdk
  •Ying Wang - Drop official SDK 17

Project name: /platform/prebuilts/misc
  •Brett Chabot - Manually update tradefed prebuilt from jb.
  •Xavier Ducrohet - Update Layoutlib_api to API 9. do not merge.

Project name: /platform/hardware/libhardware
  •Mathias Agopian - Fix HWC documentation.

Project name: /platform/hardware/libhardware_legacy
  •Eric Laurent - audio policy: notification delay - DO NOT MERGE
  •Eric Laurent - audio policy: fix volume problem - DO NOT MERGE
  •John Grossman - audio policy: fix dynamic parameter - DO NOT MERGE
  •Jason Simmons - audio policy: direct output fix - DO NOT MERGE
  •Irfan Sheriff - Fix stop supplicant api

Project name: /platform/hardware/ril
  •Wink Saville - Update documenation for DATA_REGISTRATION_STATE

remaining Can be view here -> [URL="https://gist.github.com/archon810/4772945#file-changelog_android-4-2-1_r1-2_android-4-2-2_r1-txt"]ile-changelog_android-4-2-1_r1-2_android-4-2-2_r1-txt[/URL]

Detailed Changelog

Full_changelog_android-4.2.1_r1.2_android-4.2.2_r1.txt

Reactions: savantist

D™

May 23, 2012
Android 4.2.2 adds new sounds and notification toggles

Android 4.2.2 adds new sounds and notification toggles

Why just the other day, we told you that Android 4.2.2 was being sent out to the Google Nexus 10, Google Nexus 7 and the Samsung GALAXY Nexus. While there has not yet been any changelist, we do have some information from those who have installed it on their tablet or phone. First of all, there is a new notification bar that shows you the time remaining and the percentage left of an in-progress app download. A change to Quick Settings lets you long press on the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi square to turn them into toggle switches. Now here is where it gets confusing. The Airplane Mode box is a single press toggle while some boxes do not change any settings.

Calculate speed of in-progress downloads and estimate time remaining until completion. Uses a moving average that is weighted 1:1 with the most recent 500ms sample. Funnels timing data to notifications through DownloadHandler."-How Google calculates the time remaining of an app download

Android 4.2.2 also brings a couple of new sounds, The two short bursts that tell you that your battery is low has been replaced while there is now a sound for wireless charging. Previously, the latter had no sound at all.

It should be interesting to see how the Android 4.2.2 update affects the next distribution data from Google. Also, we could see Android 4.0 drop more as some devices get updated to Android 4.1. The large chunk of Android users sporting a device powered by Gingerbread is only going to dissipate slowly as those owners start to upgrade once their 2-year contract expires. Those Android 2.3 phones will be replaced by Android 4.1 by the time the updates are in full swing, providing another reason to expect Ice Cream Sandwich to continue to melt.

422.png

If you have installed the Android 4.2.2 update on any of your devices, drop us a comment with some of the other changes that you might have noticed.

423.jpg

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

D™

May 23, 2012
The Nexus 4 Finally Gets Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) As Well - Here Are Instructions For In

The Nexus 4 Finally Gets Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) As Well - Here Are Instructions For Installing It Manually

Good news, everyone! The Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 OTA (JDQ39) is finally here, surprisingly late in the update cycle, following the Nexus 10 and older Nexus devices, such as both variants of the Nexus 7 and both variants of the Galaxy Nexus. Chances are you probably don't have the coveted update notification just yet, but who wants to wait if you can sideload it manually? Rooted, unrooted, stock or custom recovery - it matters not.

What's New?

To see what's new in Android 4.2.2, see New Android 4.2.2 Features: Toggle From Quick Settings, Better App Download Notifications, and Some New Sounds!

Code:
[B]Heads up:[/B] There is also a new radio in this update.

Prerequisites

Your device should be running build JOP40D before trying to install the update manually. If you for some reason don't have JOP40D, Google has it available in factory image form here.

have a custom recovery, just download the zip (linked below), move it to your device, and flash as usual
have the stock recovery or a custom recovery that supports sideloading, keep the zip file on your computer and follow a few easy instructions below

Manual Instructions

Step 1.

Reboot your Nexus 4, holding the Volume Down button while it boots up. Once you see the fastboot menu and "Start," press Volume Up to navigate to "Recovery" and press the power button. Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, hold Power and press Volume Up a few times, which will bring you to a new menu. Navigate to "apply update from adb."

nexusae0_wm_20130213_163021_thumb.jpg

Step 2.

Connect your Nexus 4 to your computer with a USB cable.

Make sure you have a recent version of adb that supports the sideload command (if you don't, download the latest Android SDK to ensure your adb is up-to-date).

Open up a command prompt (cmd in Windows, regular shell in Linux and Mac) in the same directory as the zip file you've downloaded.

Type in the following:
Code:
adb sideload de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip

You should see a progress bar, which will eventually hit 100%. At this point, your device is installing the update.

Step 3.

Reboot and enjoy! You are now running Android 4.2.2 on your Nexus 4.

nexusae0_wm_n4-4.2.2_thumb.jpg

Download

Here's the OTA, hosted on Google's servers: build JDQ39.

MD5: 1c752738f65acfd48f2d3b6e6e11a654

File size: 51.0 MB (53,529,568 bytes)

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:
Reactions: mudkipz

arabiceyes

Mar 28, 2010
question

do we need to wipe data to complete this action? is there any problem could face SDCARD folder?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update For The GSM Galaxy Nexus

Here's The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update For The GSM Galaxy Nexus [Manual Installation Instructions]

A couple of hours ago, Google started rolling out the Android 4.2.2 update to a very limited subset of Nexus devices (build JDQ39). At this point, almost nobody can get the OTA pulled by going through the Settings screen, but don't worry - one of our loyal readers extracted the OTA url for the Galaxy Nexus and sent it over to us (great work, Daniel Koch!).

For now, we only have the link for the takju Galaxy Nexus variant, i.e. GNex handsets bought from the Play Store. Once we get the yakju build, we'll update this post.

Note: Every Custom ROM flashing May have risk. So, please do it at your own Wish.

If you're not sure whether you have a takju or yakju variant, download Nexus Update Checker from the Play Store and see what it says.

What's New?

We don't have any reliable information at this point because Google hasn't pushed the 4.2.2 files to AOSP yet or published any changelogs. We suspect the Bluetooth bug has been fixed, but are unclear what else has changed right now.

There is a new radio in this OTA.

Prerequisites

• have a custom recovery, just download the zip (linked below), move it to your device, and flash as usual
    • have the stock recovery, keep the zip file on your computer and follow a few easy instructions below

Manual Instructions

Step 1.

Reboot your Galaxy Nexus, holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while it boots up. Once you see the fastboot menu and "Start," press Volume Up to navigate to "Recovery" and press the power button. Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, press Volume Up and the Power button together, which will bring you to a new menu. Navigate to "apply update from adb."

Step 2.

Connect your Galaxy Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.

Type in the following:

adb sideload 472aafeb9fe3.signed-takju-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.472aafeb.zip

Step 3.

Reboot and enjoy! You are now running Android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy Nexus.

Download

Here's the OTA, hosted on Google's servers: takju build JDQ39.

AP mirror just in case it goes down: AndroidFileHost.

MD5: d37cd3aeeacc0d25a523acbebb5557f4

File size: 46.4 MB (48,672,997 bytes)

For the past few hours, I've been observing a curious case of Jeff Williams on Google+. Jeff posted a screenshot of what he claimed was a Nexus 4 he bought from a Googler... with a build of Android 4.3 on it. The same build, JWR66N, that we saw leaked earlier on a Galaxy S4 GPE by SamMobile.
    nexusae0_nexus4_thumb.png

In disbelief, some have called him a hoaxer, but a number of resourceful folks decided to get Jeff on IRC (channel #Android43 on freenode) and worked with him for hours, trying over and over to get the magical system dump that would prove Jeff's story to be real.

nexusae0_wm_7-17-2013-11-31-05-PM_thumb.png

The system dump, which we have since confirmed as legitimate and along with dozens of other IRC members mirrored to multiple destinations, indeed belongs to a Nexus 4 (mako), and the build number is indeed JWR66N. The radio and bootloader are missing right now - Jeff promised them tomorrow - so I have my doubts about a working port to other Nexus 4s for the time being.

In the meantime, the system dump itself is ready to go, and Ron and I are ripping through it as we speak. We'll have a teardown ready for you soon if we do dig something up, and by the looks of things, there's enough for a post.

I'd like to thank Jeff for his persistence as well as IRC users efrant, gravufo, Jason__, vividboarder, Introspection, and everyone else who drove this one to the finish line.

Update: There's chatter on IRC that restoring the backup via TWRP recovery seems to work. We haven't tested this, so if you do decide to proceed, do so with caution and after making a full backup of your entire system.

AP mirror #1
    AP mirror #2
    AP mirror #3
    AP multi-mirror
    Even more mirrors (by hackthevoid)

Breaking: Android 4.2.2 (Build JDQ39) Update Rolling Out To GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus 10

exus owners may have a reason to stay up tonight, as a couple of Reddit users report that Android 4.2.2 has begun rolling out to the GSM Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 7.

There's not much word regarding what the update (which carries build JDQ39) includes just yet, but readers may remember that Google promised a Bluetooth A2DP audio streaming fix in the "next release" of 4.2 after 4.2.1.

nexusae0_wm_BC4TBzCCAAAkqMk.jpg-large_thumb.jpg

At the moment it would seem that Reddit users in the thread linked below are the only ones reporting success at grabbing the update, so it's hard to judge the thread's veracity. If 4.2.2 has hit your device, though, let us know in the comments below.

Update: It looks like the update is rolling out after all. We've received confirmation from a number of users on Google+, including Marco Duran, who kindly provided some shots of the 47.6MB download from the Nexus 10.

nexusae0_wm_nexusae0_13-1_thumb.jpg
    nexusae0_wm_nexusae0_13-2_thumb.jpg

Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Source Has Started Pushing To AOSP

Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Source Has Started Pushing To AOSP [Updated]

It's begun - the newest version of Android, 4.2.2, is being pushed to AOSP right now. We saw the accompanying Nexus OTA rollout start last night, with update files slowly springing up thereafter. Right now, 4.2.2 builds can be downloaded for the Takju Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi), and Nexus 10.

The build number is JDQ39 and the tag in AOSP is android-4.2.2_r1. Here are a few of the many directories that have been updated:
    /device/common/+/android-4.2.2_r1
    /platform/dalvik/+/android-4.2.2_r1
    /platform/build/+/android-4.2.2_r1

While the push has just started this morning, source will likely continue to show up throughout the day, and we'll update this page as that happens. The Android Building Google Group should have a post by JBQ when the push is complete.

Update: It appears the push has finished, all Android 4.2.2 code should be in AOSP now.

They're working on compiling a full developer changelog right now, and once we've done that, we'll try to come up with a more human-readable one.

[Developer Changelog] Here's What's New In Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39)

Following yesterday's Android 4.2.2 OTAs to various Nexus devices, Google today followed up with the push of all 4.2.2 open source code changes to AOSP. There is a lot here to parse through this time around compared to the minor 4.2.1_r1.2 commit from 10 days ago.

We've already identified some obvious user-facing changes, which we'll post about separately soon to keep it clean and organized. The purpose of this post is, as before, to find the low-level changes that may not be obvious. So move the beard out of the way and dig in.

Update: Ron detailed some new things here: New Android 4.2.2 Features: Toggle From Quick Settings, Better App Download Notifications, and Some New Sounds!

What's New?

Things we've discovered so far, in brief:
    Here is the list of developer commits in 4.2.2 (AOSP tag android-4.2.2_r1, JDQ39) compared to 4.2.1's latest revision (AOSP tag android-4.2.1_r1.2, JOP40G).
    Note: For whatever reason, some of these we may have seen before - perhaps someone who understands the intricacies of AOSP's git structure can explain why they're getting included in the diff, but for the most part, this is all new stuff.

Code:
    Project name: /platform/development
      •Chris Banes - Update bitmapfun sample to call recycle()
      •Dirk Dougherty - Add redirect for removed file.
      •Dirk Dougherty - Minor updates to keep androiddevdocs redirect in sync with devsite version (in frameworks/base)
      •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Fix bug where background image loading could hang
      •Chet Haase - Cherrypick from Change-Id: I4ae984cf776604cede32b98db6b1eb3cb6c59c7e
      •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Change cache memory calculation to use maxMemory()
      •Adam Koch - Bitmapfun Sample: Fix inSampleSize selection and update dependencies
      •Katie McCormick - Network sample: fix typo in manifest
      •Xavier Ducrohet - Update platform tools rev to 16.0.2
      •Dirk Dougherty - Add ko and ru to validLangs.
      •Joe Malin - Android Training: Threads sample app
      •Dirk Dougherty - Add redirect for IAB v3 restructure.
      •Dianne Hackborn - SDK Only: Fix search interaction with various samples.
      •Dirk Dougherty - Redirects /guide/google to /google/.
      •Xavier Ducrohet - Move plat-tools SDK component rev to 16.0.1
      •&& repo sync -j8 - Doc change: sample app for Notifications class
      •Scott Main - docs: update redirects for articles
      •Scott Main - docs: add redirects for best practices pages that moved to training
      •Scott Main - docs: a few bonus redirects for dac
      •Andy Stadler - Cleanup eclipse .classpath for Gallery2
      •Scott Main - docs: redirect next steps to building first app class

Project name: /platform/cts
      •Leo Liao - DO NOT MERGE Add missing features of JB and JB MR1
      •Leo Liao - Add missing features of JELLY_BEAN to feature list
      •Brian Muramatsu - Updated Holo test assets for JB MR1
      •Nick Kralevich - FileSystemPermissionTest: add directories
      •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier to R4
      •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier to R5
      •Laurent Tu - Restore CtsVerifier rate for passive updates
      •Brian Muramatsu - Some Holo Test Improvements
      •Nick Kralevich - Try reading every file on /sys
      •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version again
      •Marco Nelissen - Improve testSetNextMediaPlayer test
      •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version to 4.2 R3
      •Brian Muramatsu - DO NOT MERGE Update CTS Verifier version to 4.1_R4
      •Laurent Tu - Assert mean and stdev of update deltas
      •Nick Kralevich - Add CVE to Exynos vulnerability test.
      •Nick Kralevich - Add Exynos vulnerability tests.
      •Adam Momtaz - CTS tests for UiAutomator at API 17
      •Marco Nelissen - Add test for MediaScanner misbehavior
      •Andreas Huber - Add a CTS test that iterates through all codecs using MediaCodecList and
      •Andreas Huber - Adds a CTS test verifying audio encoder functionality. (AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB)
      •Adam Momtaz - Fixed a mistakenly deleted line from the last submit
      •Marco Nelissen - Fix ringtone test
      •Brian Muramatsu - Update BuildVersionTest to support 4.2.2
      •Fabrice Di Meglio - Fix bug #7664208 android.widget.cts.TextViewTest#testResetTextAlignment failures on JD
      •Eino-Ville Talvala - CTS Verifier: Fix Camera Formats preview orientation.
      •Fabrice Di Meglio - Fix bug #7664305  android.widget.cts.TextViewTest#testResetTextDirection failures on JD
      •Adam Momtaz - UiAutomator test APK and Tests for CTS
      •Fabrice Di Meglio - Add more CTS tests for the reset of RTL properties
      •Keun young Park - DO NOR MERGE make reboot default in CTS (merge from mr1)
      •Keun young Park - add log to print time-out when time-out happens
      •Nick Kralevich - Add more tests for restricted broadcasts.
      •Keun young Park - add 4.2.1 to version list
      •Svetoslav Ganov - Cannot move edit text cursor to first position using character granularity.
      •Keun young Park - change all file writes to random access with O_SYNC
      •Brett Chabot - Add UiAutomator test skeleton to CTS.
      •Svetoslav Ganov - Fix the shell commands used to clean up after the accessibility tests.
      •Svetoslav Ganov - Add NumberPicker CTS tests.
      •Nick Kralevich - FileSystemPermissionTest: Expand block device tests.
      •Keun young Park - force reboot after accessibility test
      •Guru Nagarajan - Version number for CTS 4.2   modified:   tools/tradefed-host/src/com/android/cts/tradefed/build/CtsBuildProvider.java
      •Brian Muramatsu - Report suite name to result server
      •Igor Murashkin - Camera: New test to check app firing intent after capturing picture/video

Project name: /platform/prebuilts/sdk
      •Ying Wang - Drop official SDK 17

Project name: /platform/prebuilts/misc
      •Brett Chabot - Manually update tradefed prebuilt from jb.
      •Xavier Ducrohet - Update Layoutlib_api to API 9. do not merge.

Project name: /platform/hardware/libhardware
      •Mathias Agopian - Fix HWC documentation.

Project name: /platform/hardware/libhardware_legacy
      •Eric Laurent - audio policy: notification delay - DO NOT MERGE
      •Eric Laurent - audio policy: fix volume problem - DO NOT MERGE
      •John Grossman - audio policy: fix dynamic parameter - DO NOT MERGE
      •Jason Simmons - audio policy: direct output fix - DO NOT MERGE
      •Irfan Sheriff - Fix stop supplicant api

Project name: /platform/hardware/ril
      •Wink Saville - Update documenation for DATA_REGISTRATION_STATE

remaining Can be view here -> [URL="https://gist.github.com/archon810/4772945#file-changelog_android-4-2-1_r1-2_android-4-2-2_r1-txt"]ile-changelog_android-4-2-1_r1-2_android-4-2-2_r1-txt[/URL]

Detailed Changelog

Full_changelog_android-4.2.1_r1.2_android-4.2.2_r1.txt

The Nexus 4 Finally Gets Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) As Well - Here Are Instructions For In

The Nexus 4 Finally Gets Android 4.2.2 (JDQ39) As Well - Here Are Instructions For Installing It Manually

Good news, everyone! The Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 OTA (JDQ39) is finally here, surprisingly late in the update cycle, following the Nexus 10 and older Nexus devices, such as both variants of the Nexus 7 and both variants of the Galaxy Nexus. Chances are you probably don't have the coveted update notification just yet, but who wants to wait if you can sideload it manually? Rooted, unrooted, stock or custom recovery - it matters not.

What's New?

To see what's new in Android 4.2.2, see New Android 4.2.2 Features: Toggle From Quick Settings, Better App Download Notifications, and Some New Sounds!

Code:
    [B]Heads up:[/B] There is also a new radio in this update.

Prerequisites

have a custom recovery, just download the zip (linked below), move it to your device, and flash as usual
    have the stock recovery or a custom recovery that supports sideloading, keep the zip file on your computer and follow a few easy instructions below

Manual Instructions

Step 1.

Reboot your Nexus 4, holding the Volume Down button while it boots up. Once you see the fastboot menu and "Start," press Volume Up to navigate to "Recovery" and press the power button. Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, hold Power and press Volume Up a few times, which will bring you to a new menu. Navigate to "apply update from adb."

nexusae0_wm_20130213_163021_thumb.jpg

Step 2.

Connect your Nexus 4 to your computer with a USB cable.

Type in the following:
    Code:
    adb sideload de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip

Step 3.

Reboot and enjoy! You are now running Android 4.2.2 on your Nexus 4.

nexusae0_wm_n4-4.2.2_thumb.jpg

Download

Here's the OTA, hosted on Google's servers: build JDQ39.

MD5: 1c752738f65acfd48f2d3b6e6e11a654

File size: 51.0 MB (53,529,568 bytes)

Source: AndroidPolice