[ROM - AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Nexus 10] 19-JUL-2013

Search This thread

_frog hair

Feb 1, 2013
Just installed latest update yesterday... What kernel are you guys using? Im a big fan of Franco, and running R8 nightly, but battery seems ...well not as good as before.

Edit: not sure if this is kernel related... Hmm..

Sendt fra min Nexus 10 med Tapatalk2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366575439597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366575439597.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
Just installed latest update yesterday... What kernel are you guys using? Im a big fan of Franco, and running R8 nightly, but battery seems ...well not as good as before.

I am getting good BL with Trinity....

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Does the torch app/toggle work for anyone? It was working for a couple of builds. Do I need to wipe and do a clean install to get the thing working again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Did not work for me on last build... would crash..... but does work fine on latest build for me.

doumer

Jun 7, 2010
Stuttgart

I'm also on francos and didn't notice any impact on battery live. working greate so far :good:

crazyjoezx

Sep 13, 2007
Wheres a quick place to reference the change log and known issues? I see the 2nd and 3rd post reserved, but never used :(

I looked at the PA website but that hasn't been updated since PA 2.52 and I tired looking on Google+ but after scrolling through a number of post I couldn't find what I was looking for...

Usually change log& known issues are right in front and cant be missed, so I feel kinda dumb that I cant find them lol, Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

JNewms

Sep 21, 2011
Bloomington
Wheres a quick place to reference the change log and known issues? I see the 2nd and 3rd post reserved, but never used :(

I looked at the PA website but that hasn't been updated since PA 2.52 and I tired looking on Google+ but after scrolling through a number of post I couldn't find what I was looking for...

Usually change log& known issues are right in front and cant be missed, so I feel kinda dumb that I cant find them lol, Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Google + is where change logs are. There hasn't been a recent one because there were no big changes recently. There are no issues

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

arby80

Nov 20, 2010
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 7
I hardly ever get a reboot on this rom. The rom is almost perfect for me. I just would like some of the aokp customizations like long press navbar buttons and to hide the ugly locks screen guides.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

s1m4an

Apr 26, 2010
Skopje
Yeah sure. Totally, besides all those random reboots, runtime errors, app crashes, and many many more. (irony off)

Dude, this Rom is far from stable.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

IMHO this rom is much more fluid and far more stable than stock. No issues except the dreaded surfaceflinger defect, which there is no fix for...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

JNewms

Sep 21, 2011
Bloomington
Yeah sure. Totally, besides all those random reboots, runtime errors, app crashes, and many many more. (irony off)

Dude, this Rom is far from stable.

I'm running this rom with Franco kernel and don't experience any of those issues. It sucks that you have them, but I answered the guy with my experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

SeemannBootlegs

Jun 28, 2009
Mexico City
I experienced same results... Hard reboots, laggy far from stable. I tested with custom kernels, without them and same results... Right now I'm in Mr Robinson's AOKP and my Nexus 10 flies... I really like PA but sadly Nexus 10 haven't had same support like Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 :'(

Enviado desde mi Nexus 10 usando Tapatalk 2

IRKONIK

Feb 5, 2013
Pyongyang
IMHO this rom is much more fluid and far more stable than stock. No issues except the dreaded surfaceflinger defect, which there is no fix for...

Well, everything is better than stock. Show me one manufacturer who builds good systems without bloat. There is none. Many do not even optimize and leave tons of code in. (p.e. Samsung's S3 rom vs AOSPA, 840mb vs 170+150(gapps)=320mb)
But how come I have these issues, while having nearly the exact system?! I use Francos r8 kernel and openpdroid, which works like a charm.

And how come there is no fix for the surfaceflinger defect?
Proprietary?

Cheers, and please, help xD I want my Nexus 10 running for more than 6 hours without a random reboot for once.
Thank you!

Via Tapatalk

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
Well, everything is better than stock. Show me one manufacturer who builds good systems without bloat. There is none. Many do not even optimize and leave tons of code in. (p.e. Samsung's S3 rom vs AOSPA, 840mb vs 170+150(gapps)=320mb)
But how come I have these issues, while having nearly the exact system?! I use Francos r8 kernel and openpdroid, which works like a charm.

And how come there is no fix for the surfaceflinger defect?
Proprietary?

Cheers, and please, help xD I want my Nexus 10 running for more than 6 hours without a random reboot for once.
Thank you!

Via Tapatalk

the surface flinger is a problem that I think only arrises when you clear applications out manually. I've gotten longer strides since I stopped closing them out.
also from what I'm told the unofficial version of pa on n10 seems to have addressed it, albeit still some issues exist I think.

never the less, the issue should have never been present in the first place on devices made for the systems purest form...

s1m4an

Apr 26, 2010
Skopje
the surface flinger is a problem that I think only arrises when you clear applications out manually. I've gotten longer strides since I stopped closing them out.
also from what I'm told the unofficial version of pa on n10 seems to have addressed it, albeit still some issues exist I think.

never the less, the issue should have never been present in the first place on devices made for the systems purest form...

So far what we've gathered is that it's not a ROM based issue, but it's even deeper, you can follow the discussion and chime in here: https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msg/mobile/-/hHHJv8xvaAEJ

From what I've observed surfaceflinger simply eats ram the more you use the tablet, and doesn't go down. Next I'm planning to monitor it just leaving the screen on without touching it and see what that shows us.

Reactions: IRKONIK

IRKONIK

Feb 5, 2013
Pyongyang
So far what we've gathered is that it's not a ROM based issue, but it's even deeper, you can follow the discussion and chime in here: https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msg/mobile/-/hHHJv8xvaAEJ

From what I've observed surfaceflinger simply eats ram the more you use the tablet, and doesn't go down. Next I'm planning to monitor it just leaving the screen on without touching it and see what that shows us.

Well, I had the same issues with stock, so I knew it's not PA's fault.

Is there / will there be a way to fix that, because it annoys me a lot. It kills apps running in the background while surfing (p.e. Skype while I surf the interwebzz via FF beta)

Thanks btw. Now I finally know what causes this behavior. :)

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Any clue guys when will multitasking be implemented on PA? I saw a video from 2 days ago saying it's going to be revealed soon.

s1m4an

Apr 26, 2010
Skopje
Well, I had the same issues with stock, so I knew it's not PA's fault.

Is there / will there be a way to fix that, because it annoys me a lot. It kills apps running in the background while surfing (p.e. Skype while I surf the interwebzz via FF beta)

Thanks btw. Now I finally know what causes this behavior. :)

Please use the thread I posted for these kind of issues, I guess the only thing we can do is pressure Google and Samsung to fix it as it is exists on a much deeper level so it simply cannot be fixed by a custom kernel or a ROM.

Any clue guys when will multitasking be implemented on PA? I saw a video from 2 days ago saying it's going to be revealed soon.

Still far from done, and it's really questionable how exactly it will function on a tablet, seeing how the PA team is focused on phone development mostly.

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
Please use the thread I posted for these kind of issues, I guess the only thing we can do is pressure Google and Samsung to fix it as it is exists on a much deeper level so it simply cannot be fixed by a custom kernel or a ROM.

Still far from done, and it's really questionable how exactly it will function on a tablet, seeing how the PA team is focused on phone development mostly.

yeah I dont particularly think it won't. as far as any exact details, as they say, we've barrly seen the breeding ground. after all have we ever seen anything pa has done comming ?

IRKONIK

Feb 5, 2013
Pyongyang
Well it definitely would be nice to run Skype windowed. This app drives even nuts, so buggy, so laggy.
Especially with the N10 and it's display you can do a lot of great stuff concerning multitasking and running apps in windows. :)

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
Well it definitely would be nice to run Skype windowed. This app drives even nuts, so buggy, so laggy.
Especially with the N10 and it's display you can do a lot of great stuff concerning multitasking and running apps in windows. :)

I'm still surprised people are using that :p but yet, multi app running is needed a lot of times

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.2.2

n4-product-herokau56.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

Work in Progress
    • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
    • Caution is advised. No promises this will not eat your device and take over your home.
    • Google apps are not official, this is a community hack, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
    • This is a preview of what is to come. we are working hard to tame 4.2, which brought significant changes and bugs.
    • Do not ask about CyanogenMod features. We will add more features as we develop version 3.x, and we have a 100% stable base.
    • If you have an issue please make sure it is repeatable, capture logcat/dmesg, etc and post to pastebin or similar.

Installation
    • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
    • Download pa google apps: http://d-h.st/Do8 Updated 15-JUL-2013
    • Download rom: http://d-h.st/7GF Updated 19-JUL-2013
    • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
    • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 2.99+
    • Flash ROM first, then gapps
    • Wipe dalvik & cache
    • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take a little time
    • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
    • Please do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches coming from CM to AOSP and moving from Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2

Features
    • Hybrid engine ported, Per App DPI and Per App Layout
    • Tablet UI back from the dead
    • Per app color
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles (first draft, more to follow)
    • New recents implementation
    • We fixed the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
    • New SystemUI Icons that can cope with transparent bars, thanks go to John Xionidis
    • See through Lockscreen is back
    • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
    • 4.2 Walls and Sounds
    • Google stock apps
    • Extended Desktop

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT
    This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-1jij2c.png

PER-APP-COLOR
    ParanoidAndroid's newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

Hints
    Been out for a bit and unable to build. Back now and will have an update out Sunday, barring unforeseen issues.
    3.1 / 4.22 Update posted

Link to 3.1 / 4.22 Update posted to OP. Info on changes, etc. on Google+ ( https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts ) or check github for commits.
    For those who don't know me, i'm part from PA team, I come here to Tablet community because I have excelent news. I have managed to fix theme chooser on "PA tabui" (old jellybean tabui), now we dont need to use hacks or whatever, and we have full instant theme chooser support. Paul ported quicksettings, and I also forward ported a lot of the fixes wich make tablet ui experience muuuuch better (lag fixes, freeze fixes, out of bound fixes, hw acceleration, etc). What can I say, now tabletui is epic nice again :D
    small breakthrough today,

screenshot_2012-11-296mo45.png

took me some while but finally its working. quicktoggles portedto tabUI.
    needs still some style refinements but im happy it works, some devs i have talked to even called it "impossible" before -
    considering google has not only killed the UI, they have tied the toggles closesly to the phonestatusbar.
    this was the most glaring issue - now we can put back all the tabUI changes we have made to stablize googles awful honeycomb code.

btw,
    we need your support! without pa there would be no tabUI for 4.2, and even if the other teams hack it, it will never reach our level because we studied it half a year now, our code ran better than anything google has ever done with. what you see right now is raw tabUI as it comes, its missing most of our patches and additions that we made in the past. please, if you can, help jon. nexus10 is such an important plattform for our work. the pledge is on your g+ channel, second post right now.