[Q] Factory Image with Loki method for unlock

Search This thread

Chemicalagent

Feb 16, 2014
Hello first time poster here,

I have never seen anyone mention this but, it appears that I can install a factory image of the galaxy s4 for verizon

My question: Is it possible to restore orignal factory image VRUAMDK (pre ME7 update), and then from there use the Loki method to effectively unlock and root for custom recovery?

If this is possible I don't know why more people haven't mentioned it which leads me to believe it isn't an option.

Can anyone weigh in on this?

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC

I have never seen anyone mention this but, it appears that I can install a factory image of the galaxy s4 for verizon

My question: Is it possible to restore orignal factory image VRUAMDK (pre ME7 update), and then from there use the Loki method to effectively unlock and root for custom recovery?

If this is possible I don't know why more people haven't mentioned it which leads me to believe it isn't an option.

Not an option. You can only flash your current firmware version or a newer one. Can't go backwards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chemicalagent

Feb 16, 2014
Thank you

Thank you Mighty,

With that said should I stick with ME7 as I am currently rooted or are there any benefits to going with the next upgrade

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Thank you Mighty,

With that said should I stick with ME7 as I am currently rooted or are there any benefits to going with the next upgrade

You'll need to read around to understand the advantages of the upgrade. All of the current i545 updates are easily rooted, so only you can decide if the updates are worth adding.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

basic reading on some of the stickies would have cleared this up immediately
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

then what is the advantage for upgrading from ME7 or whatever you base build is?
If you want to flash any type of custom roms....we have several that are safestrap compatible and they blow stock rom away

don't do anything until you fully educate yourself in what to do