[Q] Disabled Google plus? Photos get deleted!

Search This thread

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
If I freeze Google plus, and press the back button from within the camera,l app, my photos get deleted.

Any way to fix this? Seems the stock camera is looking for the Google plus photos app, which deletes the photo since the app is disable.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
If I freeze Google plus, and press the back button from within the camera,l app, my photos get deleted.

Any way to fix this? Seems the stock camera is looking for the Google plus photos app, which deletes the photo since the app is disable.

Thanks in advance.

Don`t think so, foto`s is part of Google+.

Last edited:

salonluden

Aug 2, 2010
There's no way to fix it - they're one and the same :( I tried doing the same a while ago. As of now I'm just hiding Google+ in my launcher... Photos is too awesome to get rid of

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Any way to remove the shortcut for photos from the stock camera app?

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Any way to remove the shortcut for photos from the stock camera app?

Delete google + off the phone and it will go away. I deleted a bunch of Google Apps that I did not want. Hangouts,Google+, amongst others. PLus if anything I would rather download and install then have installed as system app.

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Delete google + off the phone and it will go away. I deleted a bunch of Google Apps that I did not want. Hangouts,Google+, amongst others. PLus if anything I would rather download and install then have installed as system app.

Thanks for the reply.

What I don't understand is how this has a different effect than disabling the app via settings.

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
OK the camera app update fixes this association between the camera and photos.