[Q] Boot loop after custom bootloader install

Search This thread

serazaziel

Apr 5, 2011
Hey folks, last night I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708194 to get a custom bootloader installed on my tablet. Unlocking the bootloader was a bit strange, but worked. I downloaded the bootloader for the SGP511 wifi-only model and installed it without issues. After that, I rebooted and was stuck in a boot loop. The device starts by displaying the logo, then turns black and vibrates periodically a couple of times, then reboots and does the same over and over again. I had the device plugged in allowed to run for at least 45 minutes to see if it would help, but to no avail.
I can access the custom recovery included in the bootloader just fine, but the OS doesn't seem to like the new bootloader. Anyone know of a solution?

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Hey folks, last night I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708194 to get a custom bootloader installed on my tablet. Unlocking the bootloader was a bit strange, but worked. I downloaded the bootloader for the SGP511 wifi-only model and installed it without issues. After that, I rebooted and was stuck in a boot loop. The device starts by displaying the logo, then turns black and vibrates periodically a couple of times, then reboots and does the same over and over again. I had the device plugged in allowed to run for at least 45 minutes to see if it would help, but to no avail.
I can access the custom recovery included in the bootloader just fine, but the OS doesn't seem to like the new bootloader. Anyone know of a solution?

You didn't read properly.

You have the new .402 firmware on your device, and the custom kernel / recovery is only compatible with .36 and .55 firmwares. (Doomlord is working on a new version, so just wait a few days.)

Press Volume-Up + Power for a few seconds (device will vibrate 3 times or so) to hard-reset the device.

Then flash a FTF of the .402 firmware with the xda Flashtool (not the Sony Flashtool) to restore functionality.

Reactions: serazaziel

serazaziel

Apr 5, 2011
That worked like a charm, thanks a million and sorry for not reading the instructions properly!

You have the new .402 firmware on your device, and the custom kernel / recovery is only compatible with .36 and .55 firmwares. (Doomlord is working on a new version, so just wait a few days.)

Press Volume-Up + Power for a few seconds (device will vibrate 3 times or so) to hard-reset the device.

Then flash a FTF of the .402 firmware with the xda Flashtool (not the Sony Flashtool) to restore functionality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.