[APP][2.2+]Dynamic Pin- Lock ur screen&apps with state of art authenticating algorith

Search This thread

vijayr0218

Jun 25, 2014
[APP][2.2+]Dynamic Pin- Lock ur screen&apps with state of art authenticating algorith

Lock your screen and mobile applications with state of art authentication technology.

Dynamic pin app helps you to secure your PIN from shoulder surfing .

When you type in the same PIN every time, there is a good chance for your friends , electronic surveillance or others to know the PIN . How will you avoid that ?

Dynamic Pin changes the pin based on the expression you set in the application. After every use, your Pin is destroyed and only the user who knew the expression can evaluate the new Pin from the clue , the matrix . Deducing the expressions from pin is not a trivial task . An example is provided at the end.

Now you can set any expression like a+d , a*f , g-c ...

Basic Pack :

Unlimited application locks.

This pack enables operations among the matrix elements using + , - , * , / , % , ^ .

Examples :

(a*d)+5 - Multiply corner elements of the first row and add 5;

(a+d+m+p) - Add corner elements of the matrix.

Advanced Pack :

This pack enables MIN (a,b), MAX (m,p) functions along with basic pack.
More functions are planned for future releases.

Examples :

MIN(a,d ) - Minimum value between a and d .

MAX(a,b ) - Maximum value between a and b .

FAQ :

1. What is the validation code?
Validation code is a number available on secured lock screen as a toast message. In certain devices message is showed only when emergency dialler is clicked.

2. What is the PIN set before entering one time validation code ?
"1234"

Note - In devices from HTC and Sony matrix will be shown when Emergency Call window is opened on the lock screen.

Example :

Expression set in the application : a+b
Matrix on lock screen :
a1 b3 c4 d7
e2 f8 g2 h9
i5 j4 k1 l0
m1 n4 o6 p2

Now pin is a+b = 1+3 = 0004

Matrix on lock screen :
a2 b5 c1 d9
e7 f1 g2 h8
i2 j0 k5 l2
m8 n1 o7 p3

Now pin is a+b = 2+5 = 0007

mail me your feedback at vijrathina@gmail.com

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,240
  • 2.png
    2.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,105
  • 3.png
    3.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,099
  • 4.png
    4.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,247
Last edited:

vijayr0218

Jun 25, 2014
Basic Pack :

This pack enables operations among the matrix elements using + , - , * , / , % , ^ .

Examples :

Advanced Pack :

Examples :

FAQ :

Validation code is a number available on secured lock screen as a toast message. In certain devices message is showed only when emergency dialler is clicked.

"0000"

Note - In devices from HTC and Sony matrix will be shown when Emergency Call window is opened on the lock screen.

Example :

Matrix on lock screen :
a1 b3 c4 d7
e2 f8 g2 h9
i5 j4 k1 l0
m1 n4 o6 p2

Matrix on lock screen :
a2 b5 c1 d9
e7 f1 g2 h8
i2 j0 k5 l2
m8 n1 o7 p3

vijayr0218

Jun 25, 2014
If, E = a+b , S = {a , b , c ,d ,e } ,

V1 = { a = 1 , b= 2 , c = 9 , d = 5 , e = 2 } , Password = 3 ;

V2 = { a = 0 , b= 5 , c = 11 , d = 3 , e = 8 } , Password = 5 ;

Possible expressions from first password evaluation are

a+b
d-e
c-d-1
c%6

On cross checking with second password evaluation c-d-1 wipes out but still other expressions are valid. Complexity of deduction depends upon Expression and Values, but better than a static password .

vijayr0218

Jun 25, 2014
Recovery options

There are two ways to store our encryption details to recover our forgotten expression.

1. Store in an email.

2. Store in external storage.

And we have to select our recovery choice . There are 2 recovery choices,

1. Show expression in Plain text after 3rd consecutive incorrect attempt.

2. Show expression in encrypted text after 3rd consecutive incorrect attempt.

On typing the pin incorrect for 3 consecutive times, based on earlier choice , Expression is displayed.

Decryption procedure :

Let the stored recovery details be
a = VAN
+ = L
b = S
c = J

2. Let the encrypted expression shown be
VAN L S

3. Forgotten expression is obtained by replacing the letters. Here VAN = a , L = + , S = b ,
Then forgotten expression is a + b .

Xerionius

Aug 20, 2013
I really need some help...I didn't watch what I'm doing. My App is set to a+b and I enabled lockscreen security without watching what I'm doing. I umlocked it one time with 0000, and entered the validation code from the toast (0001). Then I turned on lockscreen security and locked my devide, but now it isn't showing a Matrix, just a field to enter my code. But what is the code?
My Device is an unrooted Nexus 7 running the stock rom.

Edit: Already solved it by changin the Pin through the Android Device Manager.

Last edited:

wafro

Apr 13, 2011
I really like this app. It's lightweight (much more than LockDown Pro) so it should theoretically be amazing fast?! :) I will give it a try.

The only negative point for now are the in-app purchases. Is there any possibility to offer a lite and a pro version? I wanted to use an own pattern but I dislike in-app purchases because I do not want to grant internet access ;)

//edit

I've just 'tested' a security issue. I'm using PAC-Rom (Samsung Galaxy S3) and Nova Launcher. App locking works fine. But it's no problem to uninstall the app via launcher (directly from home screen and/or from menu). I tried to lock 'settings', 'settings storage', 'nova launcher', 'nova launcher prime' but the problem still occurs. After uninstalling the app you can enter all locked apps without entering any password.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gggggas

kamale

Feb 1, 2011
Not too savvy here, but how does one purchase the basic pack? I can't lock more than 3 apps. :confused:

soundweaver

Nov 26, 2012
First of all I'd like to thank you for the app. I find that the concept is really great and that it has a lot of potential.

Having said that I think there are a couple of security concerns:

The ability to set a mathematical expression to calculate your acess pin is perceived, in my opinion, as a high security feature. I have a feeling though that it wouldn't be as secure as one may think since it's highly dependant of the expression one chooses.

Here's why:

Assumption: the chosen expression must be simple enough that the user can calculate the result quickly, accurately and without the need of a calculator.

Therefore we assume the user would chose expressions like: a+b+c; a+b-c; a * b - c; a *b + c

Since the numbers associated with each letter are within 0-9 this limits the result to a couple hundred different possible PIN numbers. We are in fact making our pin numbers easier to guess.

Example: Say I choose an expression such as a+b+c. Possible PIN numbers range from 0000 to 0027 no matter what numbers appear in the matrix.

The fact that the matrix changes after each attempt does improve the security but should any user set a simple expression (such as a+b) it's still quite possible to guess that PIN number with a bit of luck.

Possible solution: users should be advised to set easy to calculate and high complexity expressions.

Example: 1000 * a + 100 * b + 10 * c + min( 2*d; 9). it gives a highly variable result (0000-9999) with minimal calculation. Your pin is (a b c d) should d be less or equal than 4 and (a b c 9) should d be higher than 4.

Feel free to comment.

Thanks again for the app.

Last edited:

syedtahir16

Nov 10, 2013
PROBLEM!

I enabled the Screen Lock and prior to that I validated and confirmed that I was able to see the matrix on the Emergency dialer.
Now my screen is locked and I cannot see the emergency dialer at all.

And I have my camera on lockscreen disabled too.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Never mind. I started trying different combinations and I guess I got lucky on my third try with 0001 Lol
But yes, this is a brilliant app. Would love to have this issue fixed and it would be great if we can have the matrix toast on the lockscreen itself instead of the Emergency Dialer.

Reactions: vijayr0218

Gggggas

Dec 9, 2013
PROBLEMS

Great App, I have 2 suggestions.

There is a problem where I get a prompt to type the password randomly. For example when I swype to unlock the screen I get the prompt out of nowhere , or when exiting an app I get asked for the code.

2nd problem is that sometimes there are no numbers next to the letters , just a 0.

xell42

Aug 7, 2014
I enabled the Screen Lock and prior to that I validated and confirmed that I was able to see the matrix on the Emergency dialer.
Now my screen is locked and I cannot see the emergency dialer at all.

And I have my camera on lockscreen disabled too.

Same here. No toast ist shown on Emergency Dialer, but it worked during the verification process.
Unfortunately I'm not that lucky. I haven't figured out the right code yet. :(

Is there another way to disable the lock?

Edit:
Ok, I got it. I thought I tried every number, but I think mistyped the pin.
But there must be some bug/reason why the toast ist not show at multiple users...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lock your screen and mobile applications with state of art authentication technology.

Dynamic pin app helps you to secure your PIN from shoulder surfing .

When you type in the same PIN every time, there is a good chance for your friends , electronic surveillance or others to know the PIN . How will you avoid that ?

Dynamic Pin changes the pin based on the expression you set in the application. After every use, your Pin is destroyed and only the user who knew the expression can evaluate the new Pin from the clue , the matrix . Deducing the expressions from pin is not a trivial task . An example is provided at the end.

Now you can set any expression like a+d , a*f , g-c ...

Basic Pack :

Examples :

Advanced Pack :

Examples :

FAQ :

"1234"

Example :

Matrix on lock screen :
    a1 b3 c4 d7
    e2 f8 g2 h9
    i5 j4 k1 l0
    m1 n4 o6 p2

Matrix on lock screen :
    a2 b5 c1 d9
    e7 f1 g2 h8
    i2 j0 k5 l2
    m8 n1 o7 p3

mail me your feedback at vijrathina@gmail.com
    Basic Pack :

Examples :

Advanced Pack :

Examples :

FAQ :

"0000"

Example :

Matrix on lock screen :
    a1 b3 c4 d7
    e2 f8 g2 h9
    i5 j4 k1 l0
    m1 n4 o6 p2

Matrix on lock screen :
    a2 b5 c1 d9
    e7 f1 g2 h8
    i2 j0 k5 l2
    m8 n1 o7 p3

If, E = a+b , S = {a , b , c ,d ,e } ,

V1 = { a = 1 , b= 2 , c = 9 , d = 5 , e = 2 } , Password = 3 ;

V2 = { a = 0 , b= 5 , c = 11 , d = 3 , e = 8 } , Password = 5 ;

Possible expressions from first password evaluation are

a+b
    d-e
    c-d-1
    c%6

On cross checking with second password evaluation c-d-1 wipes out but still other expressions are valid. Complexity of deduction depends upon Expression and Values, but better than a static password .
    First of all I'd like to thank you for the app. I find that the concept is really great and that it has a lot of potential.

Having said that I think there are a couple of security concerns:

The ability to set a mathematical expression to calculate your acess pin is perceived, in my opinion, as a high security feature. I have a feeling though that it wouldn't be as secure as one may think since it's highly dependant of the expression one chooses.

Here's why:

Assumption: the chosen expression must be simple enough that the user can calculate the result quickly, accurately and without the need of a calculator.

Therefore we assume the user would chose expressions like: a+b+c; a+b-c; a * b - c; a *b + c

Since the numbers associated with each letter are within 0-9 this limits the result to a couple hundred different possible PIN numbers. We are in fact making our pin numbers easier to guess.

Example: Say I choose an expression such as a+b+c. Possible PIN numbers range from 0000 to 0027 no matter what numbers appear in the matrix.

The fact that the matrix changes after each attempt does improve the security but should any user set a simple expression (such as a+b) it's still quite possible to guess that PIN number with a bit of luck.

Possible solution: users should be advised to set easy to calculate and high complexity expressions.

Example: 1000 * a + 100 * b + 10 * c + min( 2*d; 9). it gives a highly variable result (0000-9999) with minimal calculation. Your pin is (a b c d) should d be less or equal than 4 and (a b c 9) should d be higher than 4.

Feel free to comment.

Thanks again for the app.