[Q] Miracast not supprted according to Motorola

Search This thread

miklosbard

Mar 22, 2011
Budapest
Hello,

after not being able to cast my screen to a Miracast enabled TV(not showing up under settings/display/cast screen) I had a brief chat with Moto support who told me that the G does not support Miracast. As I don't see any hardware related limitation I would like to ask:

Have anyone been able to use Miracast?
What else is the Cast screen option good for?
Anyone seeing a possibility of making it usable?

Thanks,
Miklós

Reactions: b1082

rashidul3

Aug 27, 2012
Have you checked infusion ROM in the android development section, the last time I had a look the ROM had it enabled and working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

bsaucier0810

Mar 1, 2012
Plainfield, CT
I like how this smart guy starts off by telling me his name as if I couldn't see it already..but the point of this is bcuz he said there would be an update..when is anybody's guess..oh well..

yse5edam.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

manikbhola

Jun 20, 2014
Cast screen function works on stock rom !(tested)

I just modified the build prop and cast screen function is now working on rooted moto g (xt033) it is doing the screen mirroring :eek:. Screenshot is attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20140620-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20140620-WA0002.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 285

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

after not being able to cast my screen to a Miracast enabled TV(not showing up under settings/display/cast screen) I had a brief chat with Moto support who told me that the G does not support Miracast. As I don't see any hardware related limitation I would like to ask:

Have anyone been able to use Miracast?
    What else is the Cast screen option good for?
    Anyone seeing a possibility of making it usable?

Thanks,
    Miklós
    How do I make Cast Screen work?
    Just edit the build.prop and add this line to it "persist.debug.wfd.enable=1" after this reboot the phone and go to settings->Display->Cast screen->Enable Wireless Display
    and then select your miracast device .