Small gripes so far

Search This thread

blackguy101

Jun 11, 2012
So this is my first HTC phone and for the most part I am loving it. However, there are two things that I hate. For starters, on a Phone such as the Galaxy s4 or the iPhone, I am able to view who sent me a text on the lockscreen or who sent me a text even when the phone is secured. Now on the HTC m8, I dont get to see any of that. All I see is the number of notifications above the phone app or the messaging app. Also, I hate the fact that if I go into the texting app to view a few messages but not all of them, it will then clear the icon in the notification panel as well as the indicator above the app icon itself. It really makes it super easy to forget if I had any extra text or not.

59fifty1

Dec 6, 2012
You can view text messages on the lock screen. You have to enable it in the settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Message settings under General i have this option for message preview

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1395889368637.jpg
    1395889368637.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 643

GordonOSU

Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma City
So this is my first HTC phone and for the most part I am loving it. However, there are two things that I hate. For starters, on a Phone such as the Galaxy s4 or the iPhone, I am able to view who sent me a text on the lockscreen or who sent me a text even when the phone is secured. Now on the HTC m8, I dont get to see any of that. All I see is the number of notifications above the phone app or the messaging app. Also, I hate the fact that if I go into the texting app to view a few messages but not all of them, it will then clear the icon in the notification panel as well as the indicator above the app icon itself. It really makes it super easy to forget if I had any extra text or not.

Go to Settings, then Security and click notification settings under lockscreen. I am using Sense 6.0 on the M7 but it should be the same. I actually liked the way this was handled on Sense 5.5 better than 6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my g/f got the m8 for vzw.. my only problem which is stupid .. i would like to view screen on time.. with out the use of an app .. nit picking? yes :)