To all developers , please read this ..

Search This thread

job.bousix

Mar 27, 2013
djerba
Hello ,

After 3 years of development different roms from all versions ( from android 2.3 and up ) , in the last days , developers turned to work on the latest android version ( 4.4 kitkat ) and leaving the older ones , they are right anyways newer is better of caurse , actually all development section is filled up with 10 active threads of kitkat roms and one or two of ics .

Well , that's not the problem , the problem is that there are 10 threads means 10 devs who are working on their ported roms , yes , but they are all based on Mike's "infinished" cm11 . And because Mike is working alone on it , development is slow , and as a result the other's one will be slow as well , and that's the case from the begining !

My point is , developers who are wishing to base their work on a "infinished" one , they should first help in finishing it as quick as possible then they do what ever they want ,there are great devs out there , I mean why they don't try to make a team and work together on big processes like porting a propre cm11 or like what you have done with nAa and 3.4 kernel ? that will help a lot the devs and the community , and Mike has always said "On the i9001, 8 devs work on 1 device, while on our side, 1 dev works on 8 devices" about how cm11 development goes with other devices .

If you agree with me make your move and form your team to do things faster !

devs :
- @mikeioannina
- @alinolaw71
- @Dark Raven
- @vishal_android freak
- @Amir Hoseinina
- @Langes
- @3andala
- @evil.demon_s
- @cr3pt
- @sud.vastav
- @skull47
- @vampent0026
- @HeadFox
- @Achotjan
- ... ( tell me if I missed an other kitkat developer )

If the thread is in the wrong section , please MODs move it to the right section . And if you find it unuseful , please delete it :)
Thank you very much .

job.

Last edited:

job.bousix

Mar 27, 2013
djerba
yes maybe cause I didn't pay attention to who is expert or not but everyone can help at least with his current knowledge , in addition to the others who are experts in coding roms and kernels mentioned there .

If Mike , as the main cm11 dev , make request to developers , that will help a lot like what nAa did in the past .

job.

Last edited:

evil.demon_s

Jan 2, 2013
yep, most of "developers" just change apps/icons not code like @mikeioannina
If I'm not wrong, many people you named are only themers, code developing and zip editing are different things.
Keep in mind, that there aren't many people with at least basic knowledge of building Android.
yes maybe cause I didn't pay attention to who is expert or not but everyone can help at least with his current knowledge , in addition to the others who are experts in coding roms and kernels mentioned there .

If @mikeioannina , as the main cm11 dev , make request to developers , that will help a lot like what nAa did in the past .

job.

Its very easy to say that " many people you named are only themers and most of them just change apps/icons not code "
Just try once to make a z1 or z2 framework for cm...!!!
It takes alot of efforts just to port z1 or z2 framework compatible to themes
And most of the rom dev prefer to work on mike's rom because they feel easy to download a 200mb zip file and work on it instead of downloading 50gb of source code
And now a days there are.many users who have downloaded the source code and building their "self compiled " build
But they are just downloading the new commits and compiling a build
There's a difference between source coding and only compiling some commits
Ya...compiling sources is also not a simple job as bugs reports are given..no doubt about that
So devs like mike langs dark revan and mardon who are actually working on cm 11 should be given their time to give us a stable cm 11 as we dont have enough knowledge about making changes in the source code

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rahimali

Please don't keep tagging Mike here again and again, he will not like it... he has already been tagged once in the OP

also, as has already been stated above, off the top of my head, only Langes and Mike have the expertise to work at kernel level, most of the other JB+ kernel developers have abandoned our devices...

Last edited:
Reactions: job.bousix

iPusak Gaoq™

Mar 21, 2012
Kuching
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hmmm...honestly there only a few real developer for our 2011 devices....other just some that port roms from different version of custom roms...most of them just download from mike source and build up them there.....those were the guys can give us variety of custom roms for 2011 devices...there also other than just maintainer from certain team....there are also the one that mostly help mike by submitting same patches to fix and bug on mike build....
all of them depending on mike source code to build their own version of custom roms....remember their might be the developer of the certain roms but there are all depending on mike just like we user do....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello ,

After 3 years of development different roms from all versions ( from android 2.3 and up ) , in the last days , developers turned to work on the latest android version ( 4.4 kitkat ) and leaving the older ones , they are right anyways newer is better of caurse , actually all development section is filled up with 10 active threads of kitkat roms and one or two of ics .

Well , that's not the problem , the problem is that there are 10 threads means 10 devs who are working on their ported roms , yes , but they are all based on Mike's "infinished" cm11 . And because Mike is working alone on it , development is slow , and as a result the other's one will be slow as well , and that's the case from the begining !

My point is , developers who are wishing to base their work on a "infinished" one , they should first help in finishing it as quick as possible then they do what ever they want ,there are great devs out there , I mean why they don't try to make a team and work together on big processes like porting a propre cm11 or like what you have done with nAa and 3.4 kernel ? that will help a lot the devs and the community , and Mike has always said "On the i9001, 8 devs work on 1 device, while on our side, 1 dev works on 8 devices" about how cm11 development goes with other devices .

If you agree with me make your move and form your team to do things faster !

devs :
    - @mikeioannina
    - @alinolaw71
    - @Dark Raven
    - @vishal_android freak
    - @Amir Hoseinina
    - @Langes
    - @3andala
    - @evil.demon_s
    - @cr3pt
    - @sud.vastav
    - @skull47
    - @vampent0026
    - @HeadFox
    - @Achotjan
    - ... ( tell me if I missed an other kitkat developer )

If the thread is in the wrong section , please MODs move it to the right section . And if you find it unuseful , please delete it :)
    Thank you very much .

job.
    yep, most of "developers" just change apps/icons not code like @mikeioannina
    If I'm not wrong, many people you named are only themers, code developing and zip editing are different things.
    Keep in mind, that there aren't many people with at least basic knowledge of building Android.

If @mikeioannina , as the main cm11 dev , make request to developers , that will help a lot like what nAa did in the past .

job.

Its very easy to say that " many people you named are only themers and most of them just change apps/icons not code "
    Just try once to make a z1 or z2 framework for cm...!!!
    It takes alot of efforts just to port z1 or z2 framework compatible to themes
    And most of the rom dev prefer to work on mike's rom because they feel easy to download a 200mb zip file and work on it instead of downloading 50gb of source code
    And now a days there are.many users who have downloaded the source code and building their "self compiled " build
    But they are just downloading the new commits and compiling a build
    There's a difference between source coding and only compiling some commits
    Ya...compiling sources is also not a simple job as bugs reports are given..no doubt about that
    So devs like mike langs dark revan and mardon who are actually working on cm 11 should be given their time to give us a stable cm 11 as we dont have enough knowledge about making changes in the source code

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    in the past few days i was thinking about making such thread like this...but u made my work easy ...completely agree with u man...thanks alot
    Please don't keep tagging Mike here again and again, he will not like it... he has already been tagged once in the OP

also, as has already been stated above, off the top of my head, only Langes and Mike have the expertise to work at kernel level, most of the other JB+ kernel developers have abandoned our devices...