[DEV][WIP][CAF] 3.4 Kernel for HTC Incredible S VIVO

Search This thread

Lukas1212

Oct 20, 2011
I know a little about a kernel, but I read about /proc/last_kmsg this file should be accessible from recovery. But I do't know if it helps.

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
I know a little about a kernel, but I read about /proc/last_kmsg this file should be accessible from recovery. But I do't know if it helps.

Thank You for the suggestion.

Actually, that is already enabled in my kernel, but it does not show in /proc for some reason.:crying:

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
I only know how to access from the recovery. I use adb (adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg)

Yeah. Thanks but I already know that.

I think that when I go into the recovery, the kmsg file will have the logs for szezso's kernel because I am using his cm11 ROM.

If I install my own recovery with the 3.4 kernel then the recovery may not work because the kernel crashes too early.

So I have to try to access the kmsg file from fastboot somehow. :confused: This problem is very hard to solve. :(

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
No booting. No debugging. No 3.4 kernel.
It just seems hopeless now without any debugging logs. I don't know what is going on in the background so I cannot make it boot. I think the kernel image is not being uncompressed, but I have tried to fix that problem buy correcting all physical addresses of the RAM required for the kernel to boot. What could I be missing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there guys.

As might know, I am trying to build 3.4 kernel for HTC Incredible S VIVO using kk_2.7-stable branch from CAF.

Right now, I am having some difficulties getting ADB working.

The problem is that I don't know how to get the serial number of the device, and how to enable adb. But, I have done a lot of work on this so I don't want to give up now. So, I need some help in getting ADB working. So, here is my repository:

https://github.com/rqmok/android_kernel_htc_vivo

Please see through that and let me know how I can get ADB working because without ADB I don't know what to do next.

If you fork and change the code then please test the change before sending me a pull request.

I hope to see this issue resolved.

Thank You.
    I think that in order to get the serial number, I would need to understand the bootloader. Does the bootloader automatically pass the serial number to the kernel?

I'm assuming you used the command fastboot getvar all in fastboot? I'm pretty sure that yields serial number, that or does your computer not recognize your phone at all?

Thanks for your work ! But I think it's more interesting if you move your thread in Dev section, not in general

This belongs in general ._.
    I'm assuming you used the command fastboot getvar all in fastboot? I'm pretty sure that yields serial number, that or does your computer not recognize your phone at all?

I've done a lot of commits but my computer does not see the device at all. I don't understand why it is not able to see my device, but I think the I need to initialise the following in the kernel:

- androidboot.serialno
    - androidboot.mode
    - USB ID pin GPIO

The third one I can handle (I think), but I don't now how to grab the serialno and boot mode from the bootloader.
    I've added ATAGS to my kernel. Hopefully this will help.
    I've added ATAGS to my kernel. Hopefully this will help.

You are one of the hopes of this community, so, Do your best buddy! We are all proud of you! :fingers-crossed: