[MOD] [Working] 1920x1088@30fps@20mbps on CM7

Search This thread

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
This is confirmed working for the G2x too.

----------------------------Original post--------------------------
Hi guys, sorry for spamming your forum, when I don't even have the phone :).
I'm just really curious to see if this works for yours as well,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094424

EDIT: I should have been more clear:
I enabled 1080p@30fps recording on cm7 with the optimus 2x. I know this is basically the same phone and wanted to share (if it works).

Last edited:

alpinestars

Mar 1, 2009
Minnesota
About to give this a try to help confirm that it is indeed working for the g2x.

Side note: I am currently running Nexus AOSP and tried flashing the zip to that rom but it only produced force closes :(

I will respond back shortly with the results or flashing this to the CM7 31 build.

alpinestars

Mar 1, 2009
Minnesota
Alright well i have done everything but am a bit confused on how to actually test it to see if it worked correctly. Any tips / steps would be appreciated. Thanks!

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
Just shot a video longer than a minute and it runs smoothly... I'll upload it to youtube in a min.
Cool. So it must actually be a matter of having fast enough sd card. Interesting. Would love to see some video, btw :)

@jnichols959
No, I actually mean 15. But maybe they fixed it, I dunno.

Last edited:

derekedw

Feb 6, 2008
Anyone know if this works on the leaked GB g2x Rom or if it even could? It has the AOSP camera and just not real nice for what the phone can do.

antoniouslj

Dec 14, 2007
Moore, OK
So apparently the video I shot earlier was only 720p.

I reapplied the mod with the latest cm nightly and re-shot another vid @1088p. It gets 15fps from start to finish (it's about 40 secs long). It doesn't get choppy, it just has a slow frame rate. I used the "high" mod, btw.
vid1.JPGvid2.JPG

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
So apparently the video I shot earlier was only 720p.

I reapplied the mod with the latest cm nightly and re-shot another vid @1088p. It gets 15fps from start to finish (it's about 40 secs long). It doesn't get choppy, it just has a slow frame rate. I used the "high" mod, btw.
View attachment 608031View attachment 608032

... I don't understand. I just re-flashed it myself, without any problems.
Maybe try one of the other mods?

You haven't done anything to prevent the update replacing the camera app? Or maybe some system app titanium backup thing?

antoniouslj

Dec 14, 2007
Moore, OK
... I don't understand. I just re-flashed it myself, without any problems.
Maybe try one of the other mods?

You haven't done anything to prevent the update replacing the camera app? Or maybe some system app titanium backup thing?
No, it's usually the last thing I do after a full wipe. I haven't fully wiped in about a week though... just running on nightly's lately. I'll flash the cam mod again and see what happens.

Martovitz

Mar 27, 2010
Brentwood, TN
No problem downloading or installing on CM7n34, Trinity EXT4 Kernel. Thank you for this everything works great.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is confirmed working for the G2x too.

----------------------------Original post--------------------------
    Hi guys, sorry for spamming your forum, when I don't even have the phone :).
    I'm just really curious to see if this works for yours as well,
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094424

EDIT: I should have been more clear:
    I enabled 1080p@30fps recording on cm7 with the optimus 2x. I know this is basically the same phone and wanted to share (if it works).
    Got full 30fps on my G2x with this mod!! Push this Libnvmm_camera.so to you're system/lib directory and restart! bam record in 30fps!

WARNING NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP FILE!!!
    Got full 30fps on my G2x with this mod!! Push this Libnvmm_camera.so to you're system/lib directory and restart! bam record in 30fps!

WARNING NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP FILE!!!

Very, very nice job :). Can you make it into a flashable zip? Otherwise I'll make one.

EDIT: Sorry, you just wrote you couldn't. Hope you don't mind.