[rom] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 for many AllWinner A10 tablets

Search This thread

Nathalex27

Jun 8, 2011
Zoetermeer
Would this work on my yalvik tab464? It's pretty similair to 465 just memory is different I believe.
Anyone tried?

Specs
Arm cortex A8 1.2ghz
1280x600 res
512mb ram.

sent from a dark place inside the collective mind

Last edited:

racht

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2010
any update about ainol Fire?
Seems similar in HW to Aurora2/Elf2 .. would u support it?
Thanks for the roms, using on Aurora2, great performance and features!

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
CWM

Guys,

I have a NATPC M009s HD RTB Ultimate (1.2ghz A8 chip, 1gb RAM, 1024 x 600 screen) Its basically an updated LY-F1.

Ive read the Original post and seen whats needed but i have 1 problem.
Everywhere i read about CM9 It says boot into CWM and flash the 3 files, Ive got the 3 files (compatability file, rom and gapps) but i have no info how to install CWM so i can boot into it and then flash the files.

Any links on where i can find the info/files please?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I puchased a A13 Boxchip (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271039617228?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) it doesn't have any brand markings or anything will one of this roms work for it? If so what one?

Device : A13_MID
Manufacturer : softwinner
CPU: sun5i
GPU: MALI-400 MP

Check the details in Settings > System info. It should give some sort of model number.

Roqu3

May 9, 2011
Hi Christian, I compiled a kernel using your sources and the Config file extracted from the compiled kernel that comes on the ROM, everything it's ok except that when the tablet goes to sleep for a long time (and it's unplugged) the device don't wakes up, adb doesn't work, it's like it turns off so i have to press power for a long time to turn it on again. Obviously with your compiled kernel it wakes up every time, any tip on that?

Last edited:

stevecrox

Jun 9, 2007
Gloucester
Check the details in Settings > System info. It should give some sort of model number.

The model id is A13-MID, as I said it is a generic A13 tablet. It uses the MALI-400 MP GPU, Sun5i CPU, TF socket and has only a Wireless b/g/n? card. The touch screen interface, wifi, TF and sound have all worked perfectly using any of the A13 firmwares I can find. However some firmwares have either had poor performance or a GPU glitch were the screen is off center by ~10mm. The specifications I can get out of AnTuTU benchmark are as follows:

Manufacturer: None
Brand: softwinners
CPU hardware: sun5i
CPU model: ARMv7 Processor (VFPv3, NEON)
CPU frequency: 60.0 ~ 1008.0 MHz
Screen resolution: 800 x 444
GPU vendor: Mali-400 MP
GPU version (OpenGL): OpenGL ES 2.0
RAM size: 512 MB DDR2 RAM

I can supply the original firmwares build.prop, the sun5i_android_a13-pfdq88_7660_d06-0712 firmware on this page: http://www.azhuo.net/en/products_A13B_Allwinner-A13_7_inch_Android_4.0_Upgrade.html (password: tabletpc) works fine on the device. Although I think that firmware expects 3G connectivity.

SahilAr

Jun 26, 2012
My Micromax Funbook is not showing internal memory on laptop/pc,i am using CM9,where does it go?Where is it losted?Please help me locating the internal memory:(

drmouse81

Apr 1, 2011
Hi

This rom is working great, bar one small problem.

Every so often the touchscreen registers a touch at the previous touches location. Normally I can just live with it, but it is a nightmare when he previous touch was in a destructive location, for example the back button.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a way to fix? I have tried reflashing.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my MOMO9 using xda premium

jazzymc

Dec 17, 2005
bgmobile.info
MK802 II Support

Hello, does this build support the new MK802 II android dongle. I've purchase it, but I can't find a prove that it works. From the few posts i found there are same issues with the wifi. Also in the manual book of my unit it say there ia an AMD Z160 "Graphic Processor" instead of Mali 400. Are there any compatibility.zip files for this unit?

speed3r

Nov 1, 2009
On the M00N
Hello i hope someone can help me out with this.....

I got a Yarvik Tab264 (clone of momo9 i readed on the internet,)
I flashed CWM on the tablet then i installed CM9/gapps/compatibility patch(tried 711i_compatibility & Momo9_compatibility)
Then i did a factory/data reset and a dalvik wipe.

When i boot my tablet it bootloops if i turn the tablet off i cant reboot in recovery and i bootloops again or stays black.....
i tried with and without gapps but the same
i tried CM9 & CM10 but also the same (bootloop and black screen)

then i im forced to flash the oginial rom(4.0.4) from yarvilk back with livesuit.

I have readed that alot of poeple have flashed cm9 on there yarvik(i even got a tut on tweakers.netfor the yarvik tab264 but without succes) why i won't work with me?

Hope some one can help me would like to have CM on my tablet!!

p.s. when it bootloops it doesn't show the full boot animation either.....

9xnine

Aug 6, 2010
Bellingham, WA
MK802 Netflix

I successfully installed the latest CM9 on my MK802 but Netflix won't open. I flashed from the original firmware. Did I need to be on the v2 Firmware prior to installing CM9?

9xnine

Aug 6, 2010
Bellingham, WA
Maybe try this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546053
There are a lot o problems with newer netflix app. So give v1.8 a try!

I would say it does not matter from wich rom you update to CM.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I actually figured that out last night. 1.8.1 seems to work OK, although I had quite a few buffering issues. Going to restore my backup and compare the playback on CM9 to that of stock Rev2.

Also you are correct, it doesn't seem to matter what firmware you flash CM9 from as I tried it from both last night.

sad25kag

Sep 11, 2011
Kota Pempek
I have a request, how do I turn on CM9 20,120,913 phablet ui like the latest cm10, I tried to flash cm10_phablet_ui_20120822.zip finally bootlop. please help ...

Sent from my Novo7 ELF using Tapatalk 2
Sory for bad english (im using google translate)

lowformat

Sep 16, 2008
Hi all i have a sanei N10 and i have try to flash both the cm9 and cm10 and they both do the same they get stuck at the boot sreen, have try w/o the gapps and still no luck. also the only way i was able to flash the revovery was updating to 4.0.4 i cant find a way to root the original rom.
thanks

Edit : i was able to root it . after a few tries it worked

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supported tablets

* Mediacom 907c, Momo11 Bird, JXD S9000, Eken A90 (first revision) and clones need 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip.
    * Visture V3 and clones need visturev3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Mediacom 910i, Teclast A10t and clones need 910i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * ICOO D90W and clones need d90w_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * CEMA10N7 "unknown" device needs cema10n7_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Bmorn V99 needs v99_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Mediacom 711i, Momo9 and clones need 711i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXL needs protab2xxl_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N83 needs n83_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Hyundai A7HD needs a7hd_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * MOMO9 needs momo9_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Onda Vi40 V3 needs vi40_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * LY-F1 and clones need lyf1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXLv2 needs protab2xxlv2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * TNT Singularity and clones need singularity_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T01 needs t01_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T02 needs t02_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V1 needs t05a-v1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V2 needs t05a-v2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V3 needs t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a (unknown version) needs t05a-unk_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 needs t10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 with mxc622x g-sensor needs t10-2axis_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N10 needs n10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Onda Vi30 Deluxe V3 needs vi30-deluxe-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi40 Ultimate needs vi40-ultimate_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi10 Elite needs vi10-elite_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Elf needs elf_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Sanei N83 Deluxe needs n83-deluxe_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)

Tablets supported with legacy support (see FAQS section for more infos)

* Mediacom 917i and 927i need 917i-927i_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G2 needs g2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G9 (those not working fine with "regular" 907c comp zip) needs g9_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Sanei N90 needs n90_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v1 and v2 need aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v3 needs aurora-v3_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * MK802 PC-on-a-stick needs mk802_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip

You can check "testing" section of my AndroidFileHost space to find out few more tablets that require some testing to be approved

You can get them on this website

Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support (btusb and ath3k)
    * USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
    * Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
    * PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
    * Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
    * OpenVPN support (tun)
    * NTFS and ExFat support
    * Veno congestion control algorithm
    * USB audio support

Instructions

* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
    * Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
    * Select "wipe data/factory reset"
    * Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
    * Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"
    * Enjoy cm9

Note: when you update to a newer build you don't need to do a full wipe, you just have to wipe cache and dalvik cache

Changelog

Code:
    [url=http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/cm9_nightly_20120913.zip]2012-09-13[/url]
    *** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***
    * Full spoof as SGS2 (GT-I9100) for better GameLoft / EA compatibility
    * Fixed FC on license check of some games (specially gameloft one)
    * Bluetooth dongle now supports hotplug
    * Cyanogenmod's option to hide status bar now will permanently hide it (not only if the app requests the FULLSCREEN flag). You can enable/disable this option using the included ToggleBar app or checking/unchecking the option from "combined bar"'s settings.
    * Added WiFi wakelock (change WiFi sleep policy to "Never" or the tablet won't sleep)
    * Updated upstream sources

2012-07-21
    * updated: cm9 sources

2012-07-11
    * !!! WARNING !!! Compatibility zip 1.2 is required !!! WARNING !!!
    * bump kernel version to 3.0.36

2012-06-24
    * added: devlistener, a small daemon to set write permissions for supported usb bluetooth dongles
    * removed: u3gmonitor (tell me if your 3g dongle was working with previous version and now it doesn't)
    * changed: build fingerprint to match SGS2
    * changed: minor change to HDMI kernel code according to a patch submitted by Quarx2k that behaviour was consuming 5-8% of cpu for nothing

2012-06-15
    * Do NOT flash "fix_mxc622x.zip"! It's already included
    * added "gsensor special coordinate settings" menu entry that solves problems for some gsensor in some games (note that on mxc622x many games won't work because it has only 2 axis)
    * added preliminary support for usb audio playback (thanks tsynik for the hint)
    * updated kernel

2012-06-10
    * !!! WARNING !!! You need to download a new compatibility zip, 907c/MOMO11/S9000 users now requires one too !!! WARNING !!!
    * now rom is based on the community developed 3.0.31 kernel (every tablet but A7HD that now has a "legacy" support)
    * changed some "cosmetic" things like a wrong buttons layout when sysbar volume control was disabled; prevent camera app from going to fullscreen when combined bar auto-hide is enabled; add menu options to enable (default) or disable gsensor orientation when HDMI cable is plugged in; fixed (thanks turl) screen off animation
    * in "Misc" section of Update Me now you'll find an "Ad-Hoc enabler" zip. Flash it if you wanna connect to adhoc network but note that you'll lose WiFi Direct capabilities, WiFi AP should work anyway

2012-06-07
    * fixed: ip-up sets up NAT, now wireless tether (from tablet) works
    * added: smartassV2 new default governor (not on A7HD because it uses a different kernel, read my request on slatedroid if you wanna use it
    * added: volume control from system bar (it can be controlled from display settings; press "recent app" button to apply changes after toggling the checkbox)

2012-06-04
    * fixed: upside down problem of hw accelerated video playback on some devices
    * added: forced landscape when connected to hdmi
    * changed: wifi module with powersave options enabled (you can download the one without ps capabilities from Update Me)

2012-05-31
    * fixed: (hopefully) hw accelerated flash videos random issues

2012-05-29
    * added: some HID kernel module to enable PS3 usb gamepads and some generic/chinese gamepads
    * added: minfree to tweak ram usage according to supercharger v6 recommended value for 1 gig devices

2012-05-26
    * WARNING: 910i/a10t needs compatibility zip v1.0.5; V3 needs v1.0.4
    * added: usb ethernet support (I need feedbacks because I don't have any usb nic)
    * added: display settings now has an "HDMI resolution" menu entry
    * fixed: missing apns, now supported 3g dongles should connect out of the box
    * note: while connected to HDMI you have to enable 'combined bar auto hide' from 'settings - system - combined bar' to be able to watch them in fullscreen

2012-05-24
    * added: tcp veno congestion control
    * added: WiFi direct
    * added: WiFi AP
    * added: workaround for Ad-Hoc networks (have a look at Misc section of Update Me)
    * fixed: WiFi driver now loads faster

2012-05-23
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip (hopefully for the last time) !!!!!!
    * fixed: hdmi audio playback
    * changed: some things in compatibility zip, a10t/v3 users report if you have gsensor issues (you shouldnt)
    * changed: init.rc to make it more cm9 compatible

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?cdp3dwofstcykx5"]2012-05-22[/URL]
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip !!!!!!
    * changed: some wifi related stuff (report if it works better)
    * fixed: camera recording
    * fixed:/dev/ppp is now writable and pppd shouldnt bother anymore
    * removed: some useless kernel module to free some space and avoid errors on devices with only 256mb of space in system partition

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ecf72r3qkri72wv"]2012-05-21[/URL]
    * added: [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acquariusoft.UpdateMe"]Update Me[/URL]
    * added: stagefright video hardware acceleration (flash, etc.)
    * fixed: cyanogenmod's camera app

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?ngxt7uvvr5xt46w"]2012-05-19[/url]
    * fixed: UMS now handles both internal and external memories
    * fixed: "reboot -> recovery" from cyanogen's power menu
    * changed: kernel/modules from MOMO11 Bird 20120515 rom ([u]you have to re-download compatibility zip[/u] to match this new kernel, link's been updated)
    * removed: oc_daemon from startup, if you wanna use it you have to change permissions of file /system/etc/init.d/89virtuous_oc to 755 (remember that only performance and fantasy governors are working fine, the other can cause reboots; i suggest you fantasy, it's something like interactive/smartass)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdzork5fu74soq"]2012-05-18[/url]
    * Works pretty much everything, it's an almost perfect daily use build.
    Known bugs:
    * I had to replace Cyanogen's camera app with Allwinner's because preview frame was incredibly huge and buttons couldn't be pressed.
    * When you take a picture using camera the thumbnails that appears in Gallery are corrupted, but you can use an alternative (and better) app like [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder"]QuickPic[/url] as workaround. You can even disable Gallery app and use [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad"]MX Player[/url] as video player which works pretty fine in HW mode (you don't need any codec)
    * Reboot to recovery doesn't work, it just reboots the tablet.

You can see upstream changelog here

Download link

* Androidfilehost.com

Gapps

* 2012-04-29

If you have a /system partition of 300+ MB you can flash "official" gapps from goo.im/gapps, you'll have a working Face UnLock as a bonus.

FAQ

* To manage volume from the sysbar you can install this app
    * Legacy compatibility zips include stock kernel with extra modules (like bluetooth, gamepads, ecc.). It's enabled for ad-hoc and wifi direct won't work. USB Audio and DVB-T kernel modules won't work either.
    * Sanei N10 users (and other with "internal sdcard" on /dev/block/nandj device) can use this version of cwm.

Sources

* Github repository

Screenshot

QBbE8l.png

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbbYuciA8A
    cm10 preview 1 (requires a /system partition of at least 300M)

known bugs:
    * hw accelerated video playback (cedar libraries will not compile because some prebuilt blobs require ICS functions)
    * camera (needs cedar)
    * hdmi output (i will try to implement iy in next builds)
    * ntfs / exfat (the same as above)
    * mass-storage
    * other things i guess

flash rom + gapps + comp zip 1.2 and do a full wipe

tested on Mediacom 907c so i don't guarantee it will work on other devices, probably it will not work on devices with a "legacy" compatibility zip because the ramdisk has changed

later i'll open a dedicated thread i guess

XN6RQl.png

ps: a great thank goes to turl for his patches
    BMA250 Bosch gsensor compatibility

To users who have a Bosch BMA250 gsensor and are experiencing problems with auto-rotation. I've created a modified 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip file, which basically adds a compatible bma250.ko to the update package. I can get into more specifics should it be needed. So far I've only been able to test it on CM9 and my tablet (Cherry M-906). You can grab it on the link below.

Thanks to Christian Troy and all others who made CM9 happyness possible on A10 based tablets.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ebgwuv
    View attachment 907c_compatibility_1.2.1.zip
    try to change governor, maybe your device doesnt play fine with smartassV2 (try using fantasy, you can do it from performance settings without extra apps)
    Connect a mouse, keep power button pressed until the power menu pops up and then select reboot->recovery

Once in recovery flash the comp zip (and remember to flash it always after the rom)