ics ON TAB

Search This thread

zalanz

Jul 23, 2005
Hi
Can anyone help with upgrading my P1000 to ICS?
I have read it can be done via flash and sd card but I am far from confident doing that.
I am happy using Odin and have upgraded to gingerbread ok.
Can anyone tell me is it now possible to install ICS easily just using Odin?
Any help would be fantastic

treb1971

Apr 18, 2011
Worthing
Go the Dev section.
Look through the ICS threads.

They are mostly available as zip files to flash using Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).
CWM is available as part of most non-stock ROMs - i.e., Overcome, Hyperdroid, etc.

Some features don't work, like camera and lockscreen. The Devs are doing great work, but it's not complete yet.

Good luck.

Rocheau

May 1, 2006
Hello I am using right now the last ICS ROM posted in vthe forum. Is fantastic and the people here is mking a great work. All you can imagine is working pretty well. I had tried anothers, like for example for my galaxy note but none is working as good as the one I am referring to. You can have a real experience of ICS in the Galaxy Tab through this ROM, smooth, fast and expect more as it is a workjg in process ROM. I advise you to try it. BTW I have set the dpi to 120 for me is the best one.

Regards. Sorry for the mistyping.

Enviado desde mi GT-P1000 usando XDA Premium HD app

repoman2k11

I have been able to upgrade my 2.3.3 to 4.0.3 without any problems.

I first read the Overcome Guide as it was very helpful in learning how to do this. Then I obtained a copy of the gb5 rom as it has the ClockworkMod for the tab included.

I installed the GB5 rom using Odin 3.17 using the files included in the GB5 file. Rebooted and then downloaded the Humberos ICS files. (There are three files from Humberos.) Copy the Humberos files into the internal SD. Reboot into receovery and found the menu changed where you can flash any rom you want.

I flashed the rom + kernel and then the Google apps file.

The results are:

Model number: GT-P1000
Android Version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: P1000XXJPZ
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 SGT7-ICS-TE4M #20120307
CyanogenMod: 9.0.0-RC0-GalaxyTab-HumberOS
Build Date: Qua Mar 7 01:17:36 BRT 2012
Build Nunber CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307

Everything on my tab is working great. I find new features such as panoramic photos great, the network and bluetooth work flawlessly, both cameras are working (front one is glitchy but back one ok).

I am very happy to have upgraded but took about one month to make sure I read about the process first and obtained the necessary files.

:)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 378

web.myportal

Mar 17, 2012
Hi
I have read it can be done via flash and sd card but I am far from confident doing that.

Hi zalanz. I am able to help you with this. I will try to explain as easy as i can.

Note : I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.

Upgrading Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6
1. You will need to download 3 important files.
a. MSVCP100.dll from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtimes and get it at
[microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en]
b. Heimdall flashing program. [glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/]
[Filename] heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32.zip [extract files].
c. Download cyanogenmod 7 firmware files [ tcm7beta-2012-02-19.zip ] by clicking this link gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tc...2012-02-19.zip alternatively if you cannot find the link you always can get it a xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=931857
2. Run Heimdall and follow this youtube tutorial [youtube.com/watch?v=CAK9i_ISeqM ]
3. Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 [rooted]

Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 to Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0]
1. You will need to download 3 important files from humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html
a. CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip Rom files
b. GApps .zip
c. P1000.zip Kernal files
2. You will need to extract files from CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip and p1000.zip into a separate folder. Rename the folder to CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 and another folder name KERNEL. After extract from both, choose zImage filename from folder p1000 copy files and paste into CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 [extracted files] folder. Doing this will only replace the zImage filename into newer one.
3. Copy all the 3 important files into your External SD card.
4. Run the CWM Recovery Mode [pwr button + volume up]
5. Choose to install your files from SD CARD
6. Follow these steps
How to install
1. Copy all files (ROM+Kernel+GApps) to sdcard
2. Recovery Mode
3. Install ROM (don't restart)
4. For All Models - Install Kernel (don't needs bluetooth fix - don't restart yet)
5. Install GApps (after install, restart)
Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0] [rooted]

OR

Other methods of flashing your ROM
1. you must have rom with ext4 support before flashing with ics cm9, ie: overcome,
2. go to cwm,wipe user datat, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache.
3. pick install from sdcard, locate where you put cm9 rom file
4. after flashing rom, do not reboot, you must flashing the kernel, then install gapps,reboot

p/s: forgive me for my bad english. This guide I made it myself based on my research at google, xda-developer, Humber OS, all the files need to be download you can find it at the website given. Just dont forget to add www at front of the link. I repeat again I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.

Reactions: wallanze

zalanz

Jul 23, 2005
Thank you for the replies.
I am not confident flashing from sd card.
Will it be possible just using Odin?
I am happy using that and successfully upgrafed to gingerbread and root with it.

If not guess will stick with what I have as just too iffy for me to do other.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
You will be missing out a lot.
For many years we have been flashing roms and radios and kernels using recovery.
I first use AmonRa recovery in my HTC Magic to backup and flash roms from sdcard, never once connecting the phone to my pc during those 3yrs.
Same with my Gtab. Only when I restock to Overcome ROM I use Odin.
Try to step out of your comfort zone.
Theoretically you can't brick your tab by flashing rom, unless you flash a bad bootloader.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

ableeker

Nov 20, 2010
This actually is easier than using Odin. Besides, the ICS images seem to come in this form at the moment. You can even flash a kernel this way. The only drawback is that this is only possible with a an enhanced recovery mode that will install any Zip from any location, so you need Odin the first time to flash a kernel with it included. After that you put the files on the phone or on the SD card, boot to Recovery mode, and install the Zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Hi zalanz. I am able to help you with this. I will try to explain as easy as i can.

Note : I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.

Upgrading Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6
    1. You will need to download 3 important files.
    a. MSVCP100.dll from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtimes and get it at
    [microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en]
    b. Heimdall flashing program. [glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/]
    [Filename] heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32.zip [extract files].
    c. Download cyanogenmod 7 firmware files [ tcm7beta-2012-02-19.zip ] by clicking this link gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tc...2012-02-19.zip alternatively if you cannot find the link you always can get it a xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=931857
    2. Run Heimdall and follow this youtube tutorial [youtube.com/watch?v=CAK9i_ISeqM ]
    3. Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 [rooted]

Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 to Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0]
    1. You will need to download 3 important files from humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html
    a. CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip Rom files
    b. GApps .zip
    c. P1000.zip Kernal files
    2. You will need to extract files from CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip and p1000.zip into a separate folder. Rename the folder to CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 and another folder name KERNEL. After extract from both, choose zImage filename from folder p1000 copy files and paste into CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 [extracted files] folder. Doing this will only replace the zImage filename into newer one.
    3. Copy all the 3 important files into your External SD card.
    4. Run the CWM Recovery Mode [pwr button + volume up]
    5. Choose to install your files from SD CARD
    6. Follow these steps
    How to install
    1. Copy all files (ROM+Kernel+GApps) to sdcard
    2. Recovery Mode
    3. Install ROM (don't restart)
    4. For All Models - Install Kernel (don't needs bluetooth fix - don't restart yet)
    5. Install GApps (after install, restart)
    Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0] [rooted]

OR

Other methods of flashing your ROM
    1. you must have rom with ext4 support before flashing with ics cm9, ie: overcome,
    2. go to cwm,wipe user datat, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache.
    3. pick install from sdcard, locate where you put cm9 rom file
    4. after flashing rom, do not reboot, you must flashing the kernel, then install gapps,reboot

p/s: forgive me for my bad english. This guide I made it myself based on my research at google, xda-developer, Humber OS, all the files need to be download you can find it at the website given. Just dont forget to add www at front of the link. I repeat again I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.